Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Gap

2.1

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

I showed up at the store, and a worker showed me into the back room where a manager took me into an office and conducted the interview. Everyone was friendly and the mood was business casual.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Short Hills, NJ) in December 2017.

Interview

1 on 1 interview
    straight forward
    $10/ hr starting salary, no negotiation
    Hired after interview
    Growth potential was discussed, which made me happy to know I could move up
    Orientation following week

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gap in June 2016.

Interview

All you need is good communication skills and a decent attitude. If you are a people person express that to them and that is one of the indicators that you are fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• Pretend the interviewer is a customer and try to sell them what you are currently wearing   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Pasadena, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

The whole process was rapid. I applied two weeks ago and called for a group interview within a week; however, only one other person showed up. I was called in less than a week from my interview with a job offer. The questions are simple and straightforward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheektowaga, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Cheektowaga, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

They pitted four people in the same room against one another playing Jeopardy with the interview questions. It was a strange experience to compare and contrast. It didn't seem professional and singled out people who were inexperienced or felt over-prepared.

I rated this as difficult because the protocol felt random, so while the questions were fairly simple, it forces people out of their element.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with theft?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (San Marcos, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and within a week I got a call to come in for a group interview. There was 4 other people and the manager would ask a question and the other candidates would answer to the best of their availability.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at GAP?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a cut and dry process, a simple interview that asked basic questions. It was super comfortable the person interviewing me was very nice and super personable.

Interview Questions

• How can your previous skill set help you achieve in this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tulalip, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Tulalip, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was quick and easy. No scenario questions. Interviewer asked me to tell him about myself and we went over the job description. Most important part of the job is to be willing to propose signing people up for Gap Cards.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Towson, MD) in April 2018.

Interview

Group interview in the food court, less than 30 minutes, laid back. Discussed the duties of the job and asked basic interview questions about experience and customer service and how your experience applies.

Anonymous Employee in Bayside, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Bayside, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Casual with a brief rundown of what is expected, your availability and etc. The manager who interviewed me was very friendly. Showed up in business casual; polo and khakis.