Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then a few days later got an email to schedule an interview. I was interviewed by one of the managers. After the interview, two hours later I was called saying I got the job!.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
    What would you do if one of your co-workers didn't agree with what you said?
    What would you do if you didn't agree with a companies policy?
    Why did you apply for this job?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Employee in Bellport, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gap (Bellport, NY).

Interview

Process was like clock work. Went from one thing to the next.
    Very nice but let it be known his position in the company and that his and everyone elses was taken very seriously for the growth of the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Gap (Glendale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online about a year ago and with that one application, I was called for an interview three different times. I was finally hired during the third. It is a group interview. The manager makes sure every is very calm and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite pair of denim and where did you get it?   Answer Question
    • On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate yourself on how easily you can learn things?   Answer Question
    • What do you like to do in your free time? (does not include work or school activities)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denville, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Denville, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and did not hear anything for a couple of months. I had forgotten I'd even applied, but was still looking to make some extra money when I received a voicemail asking if I was still interested in the position. I called back and scheduled an interview for the following week. The interview questions were straightforward - e.g. what are your strengths and weaknesses? where do you look for fashion inspiration?

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call few days later and scheduled an interview. The interview was not really hard as it is an entry-level position. Mainly behavioral questions and a lot of questions about my past work experience.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Great interview, very casual and easy. As long as you are normal they will hire you due to high turn over. Don't expect the interview to be held in the office. It wasn't entirely professional but the interviewer was nice and it is best if it's your first job. Don't worry too much and relax and you will be fine.

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Round Rock, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview the next week. It was a one on one with the general manager in which she asked several questions off of a list and then asked me my thoughts on GAP as a whole. A week later, I got a call offering me the job!

Interview Questions

• How would you interact with someone who you don't necessarily get along with in a work environment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

It was based on "Tell me about yourself". "Sell your outfit to me if I were a customer" (Gotta have confidence) ... Laid back took about 2-3 weeks and the store management seems like she has a couple of drinks before her shift which is very inappropriate and not supersizing. Make sure you bring a copy of your resume before the day of the interview and dress appropriate

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why gap?
      Sell your outfit to me..
      Whats your availability like?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Dress gap like, their based on jeans but make sure you layer and know how to sell the outfit your wearing or their gonna eat you out your clam shell like no job is around the corner for you boo boo. :\

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

its okay it was easy and many were kind and the managers but since it was a new store opening they just needed anyone to take the job. it was okay to me

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Interview was short and sweet. Pretty much handed them my resume, the manager came out and talked to me for a few minutes, and they told me to come to orientation next week

Interview Questions

• No real interview questions, just asked about availability   Answer Question