Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Gap

2.1

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I was brought to the new store in san francisco, group interview. Very easy, heard back in a couple of weeks. They were very responsive via email. Three rounds of interviews, and was notified through phone call that I got the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple and quick. Took about 30 minutes. Asked me generic interview questions. Just use SMART interview answers to answer the questions. The interviewer just wants to get to know you and see if you are able to do customer service skills

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation if there are multiple customers asking for your help?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap in August 2016.

Interview

Asks questions about your resume, your interest in Gap, your experience and aspirations, and asks to pick out an outfit. May be of the opposite gender, so be prepared. The outfit is based on a situation that the interviewer will give you.

Interview Questions

• Pick out an outfit for a 28 yr old Girl who is going to an interview then meeting with her friends at a cocktail party afterwards   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panorama City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Panorama City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview, a total of five people showed. The first part of the interview was semi formal and second half was casual. The Operations Manager told us he'd let us know within a week for a second interview, which would be one on one.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

I applied online and the next day I got a call from one of the managers to come in for a group interview. The interview itself was super easy and chill. 2 people didnt show up so it ended up just being me and one other guy. If you had any previous retail experience you pretty much got the job unless you were really rude during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions like Tell us about yourself? How do you deal with an angry/rude customer? Your past experiences with customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online, where I took an assessment. It took about a month for someone to call to schedule an interview. Went in the store the next day for a group interview with 4 other applicants. She asked a few questions and then asked us to put together an outfit. Got a call the next day with a job offer!

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (San Marcos, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a quick process. I am Applied online and they called me writhing a week or two. I had an interview and then They scheduled an orientation date. The interview was very straight forward, not too bad.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not much. They told me I would start at $9 and after 6 months get a raise to $10

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gap (Lawrence, KS) in September 2015.

Interview

Online interview led to a phone call asking if I could come in for an in person interview. When I arrived we were led to a separate room with four other candidates for a group interview. It was uncomfortable taking turns to answer the questions... if you didn't raise your hand right away another interviewee might take your answer.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap in November 2015.

Interview

Had a group interview in the break are with two other people. The hiring manager was very enthusiastic. I noticed they like it when you respond fast to their answers.

Interview Questions

• If you see a customer walk into the store what would you say to them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Fort Wayne, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

i got the phone call the day after i applied, then i went in on that friday and was interviewed by the manager. it was fairly quick, maybe 15 minutes? overall it was pretty good

Interview Questions

• asked about your future, your plans, why interested in gap?   Answer Question