Gap Sales Floor Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gap Sales Floor Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Gap

1.9

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gap in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online multiple times. The last time it took them a month to call me back. I interviewed a few days later. It took longer for the manager to show up than for the interview to finish. I was offered a job the next morning.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Asked me general interview questions "what would you do in a tough situation" type questions. Very nice managers who interviewed me in the back of the store, practically got hired that day.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I went in to the store and was asked questions in a one on one setting that were pretty straight forward and I was able to answer them. I was also asked to pick out an outfit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (San Jose, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

One on one format, extremely casual, lots of hypothetical questions to determine soft skills. The entire interview took about 30 mins. Manager was not extremely helpful in providing additional information.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gap (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Easy, called back the next day. We talked briefly over the phone to set up a one on one interview. Interviewed in office the following day. Asked about prior experience, level of comfort working with customers as well as possibility of advancement and availability. Overall interview was nothing out of the ordinary, it was what you would expect for a sales associate position at a retail chain.

Interview Questions

• Hypotheticals on how to solve for customer service problems   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (Madison, WI) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was in a group with two other people applying for the same job, but this fact was revealed until arriving for the interview. The manager asked us about our styles, our ability to work, our reasons for wanting to work at Gap. Then we were asked to create and present an outfit to the manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your personal style?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gap (Costa Mesa, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Comfortable interview. Not a grilling process. They really just want to get to know who you really are and if you would be a fit for the company.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gap (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Easy, nothing too challenging. Asked for pervious retail experience, what you would do in a high stress situation, during low times, etc. What your flexibility is on hours and what your future plans are.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Group interview with hiring manager. She asked us four questions (including a brief introduction of ourselves) mostly based on experiences. Interview took approximately 40 minutes in total. Note that there were 7 people in the group and there was no time frame to which we limit our ability to answer too.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had a conflict with a coworker. How did you manage it?   Answer Question