Gap Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

113 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I really enjoyed my experience interviewing at GAP. For the corporate jobs, they typically start you with phone screening for 20 minutes where they tell you about the job and ask about your experience. If you move on, you will go to an in house interview where you speak with 3-4 managers/directors in finance for 30 min each. Most of the questions are behavioral and they will ask about how your experience ties into the job. You might get a couple easy accounting questions but thats about all the technical questions you will get.

Technical Sketcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

2 people interviewed. previous experience was a plus, skills and personal character is another must, PLM was not a requirement but a plus. I took my portfolio with me so they were very pleased as they went through it and looking at my linesheet proved my knowledge in sketching and my boms were pretty neat so it showed my technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• tell us about your previous job position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

take your portfolio and be confident. it matters alot that you are a good cultural fit. as for the salary they negotiated with my agent and not me directly. dress appropriately and always prepare your own questions as well, since it shows that you care as well to know where and who you would be working with.

Senior Manager Transportation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

A series of phone and video interviews. Afterwards there was zero feedback - despite me emailing a number of times. They couldn't even take the time to send me a "thanks but no thanks" email?!! Given the poor company performance over the last 12 months, I'm very thankful that the interview process did not go any farther than it did.

Interview Questions

• Very standard "tell me about your experiences" questions.   Answer Question

Senior Manager, Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

3 phone interviews followed by an on site interview. there were to be 3 interviewers. ended up giving a really strange reason why they wouldn't be giving a job offer. they seem to not care about wasting people's time. overall, a negative experience and hopefully their sales continue to decline.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at GAP? where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn about a Communications Specialist role at Gap. I told her I wasn't interested in a lateral move, but I would be happy to chat if they had a Manager role available. She said they did, so she shot me over to an onsite recruiter that did the compensation vetting. After that, they scheduled an onsite. This all happened within the span of a week. The onsite was quick; I met 4 people and had a 30 minute writing assessment.

While I'm interviewing, I'm thinking I'm there for the Manager level role. I leave the interview and they called me a few hours later and offered me the role, but at the lateral level they initially shared. They told me they had gone to offer a few days earlier on the Manager level role, but would guarantee me a promotion in a year. I passed as it felt too much like a bait and switch.

Senior Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Meet with recruiter, than do initial screening and formal interview. May require you to meet with multiple managers and then director. Overall the recruiters were very helpful and responded to questions quickly. Seem to be really eager to keep talent within the company.

Retail Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

Overall good experience. I applied through my school site, first interview was at campus career center. Very friendly asked mostly about my previous experience, how well I knew gap, and why I was a good fit. Next was a project, where I had to come up with a new brand to add to their portfolio. They recommend about a week to prepare, but I definitely did not spend as much time as I could. In hindsight, I should have made mine more polished. They really want to see that you are well rounded and understand the creative side equally as the financial/strategy. Not asked to continue beyond this, but they went out of their way to give me a phone call explaining the pros and cons of my presentation and what I should improve on if I chose to reapply.

Interview Questions

• If I have 50,000 sweaters, how do I go about determining which stores to distribute them to, and how many to each?   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

1. Submitted Online Application in Feb 2015
    2. Received email in the month of April - regarding internship opportunities
    3. Email had telephonic and onsite interview schedule.
    4. Had telephonic interview on the next day of receiving email
    5. Had onsite interview on the next day of telephonic interview

Interview Questions

• 1. Telephonic Interview - Why GapTech? Why are you suitable for this role? etc.
      2. Onsite Interview: Tell me about your projects. Asked questions about my work experience. Asked few questions related to scrum.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very smooth and easy. The Sr. Manger was a very nice lady who was very patient with every persons response. described the process of the group interview very well in the beginning and after the interview. She asked everyone to pick an outfit for her friend's babyshower and one outfit that best represents our personal style and taste in 5 min. overall Gap is very flexible with students with complicating schedules. the whole interview took 30min.

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was recruited from my campus. So there was an initial one-to-one interview. They also had a group interview with other candidates from my college. When you make it past the those interviews, they fly you out to headquarters in San Francisco for another evaluation. It's rigorous, but they try to bring together a highly qualified group of people.

Interview Questions

• They view how you interact in a group interview, as well as one-to-one.   Answer Question