Gap Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Gap Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online, where I took an assessment. It took about a month for someone to call to schedule an interview. Went in the store the next day for a group interview with 4 other applicants. She asked a few questions and then asked us to put together an outfit. Got a call the next day with a job offer!

Rotational Management Program: Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a 4 step process starting with submitting my application on their website then setting up a brief phone interview that lasted 30 minutes (typical behavior questions, interests, hobbies, why gap, etc), then I had to create a presentation/project for them and present it over Skype a week later, then I was flown out to San Francisco about two weeks later for two days of interviews/meet and greets/activities, then I was notified later that week once I got home.

Interview Questions

• Why Gap? Why this program? Hobbies? If you had 50,000 sweaters how would you distribute them? Tell me about a time when... you had a conflict with a group, you were a leader, you resolved a problem, etc.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Standard interview questions. Friendly interviewers. Interested in talking about my experience. Started with a phone screen. Then asked to come in for a panel interview which included the hiring manager and other team members.

Rotational Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, after taking personality and numerical tests online, after submitting online application.

First, I applied online.

The next day I got an email inviting me to take online tests.

The personality test gives you three phrases (for example, I am competitive, I think people are trustworthy, I think about the future). You have to choose which phrase is MOST like you, and which phrase is LEAST like you (and you leave one phrase without an answer). There are 100 of these (actually, they label it as 50, but on each page, they give you two sets of threes [if that makes sense]).

The numerical test gives you graphs and numbers and asks you questions that you generally have to calculate. There are I think 18 questions in 17 minutes.

After taking those, the next day I got an email inviting me to schedule the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you find out about the Rotational Management Program?   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in working for Gap?   1 Answer
    • I see you here that you indicated you were specifically interested in product management [out of three options when I applied online]. Why?   1 Answer
    • Not all of us are successful all the time. Tell us about a time you failed or didn't perform well.   1 Answer
    • How have you sought to improve yourself over the past year?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (San Rafael, CA).

Interview

Very easy interview. Took 15 minutes. Friendly and seemed to want to impress candidates. Very open minded about flexible schedule. Great employee discounts. No benefits offered for part time jobs.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with Gap?   1 Answer

The salary offered (10.75) was too low, and I was only guaranteed 5 hours per week.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Great interview, very casual and easy. As long as you are normal they will hire you due to high turn over. Don't expect the interview to be held in the office. It wasn't entirely professional but the interviewer was nice and it is best if it's your first job. Don't worry too much and relax and you will be fine.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a couple of phone screens and then was called on -site where i had 5 interviews in groups of 2. Which means i met over 10 people.
    The last group walked me out but later i got a call from the recruiter that i had one more interview. Since i had already left, they scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager's boss.
    All went well, but then they went dark. No one from GAP contacted me for 3 weeks. I wrote emails to them every week, but no response.
    After my 4th email which is about 4 weeks after the interview, the recruiter emailed me that they have changed the job description and didn't need a PM anymore.

Interview Questions

• Basic tech stack, roles and responsibilities, situation based questions   Answer Question

Global Mobility Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was invited for a phone screen. The recruiter was very nice and took the time to introduce herself, explain more about the company, the position and the team. this really helped to lower my stress level, like it was not "Hello, how are you, tell me about yourself". The questions were your basic interview questions + questions about how my past experience would work for this position + situational questions. I did not get an offer and recruiter took the time to give me feedback and answer my questions which is really great!

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal, which one would you be and why?   Answer Question

Rotational Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gap (UC Berkeley, CA).

Interview

I was recruited at my school's Carrer Fair, Recruitment at University
    2. Submission of Resume, I submitted my resume to them by hand but also brout it to my first interview
    3. 1st Interview (Behavioral), at school's career center, asked for my experience and scenario questions.
    4. GAP Project (Create a new brand and provide financial and marketing strategies) you have a week to complete it and present it over skype

Interview Questions

• Why GAP? Describe a situation in which you were in charge? Scenarios questions.   Answer Question

Retail Management Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Sent Resume in, then a behavioral interview. Then a week long project focused on building a brand. Then a 3 day trip where they fly you out to meet with executives and group interview sessions.