Gap Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Gap Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a conversational, one-on-one interview. Lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewer would ask questions, I would respond, and he would offer his own response. The flow of the interview was good. They got back to me in two days, and offered me the job.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (San Jose, CA).

Interview

It was basic questions you expect at any interview, it was simple and not anything that demanded more thought into it. They did not ask questions about the company more about you and your experience

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gap (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online back in the beginning of January and got a super unexpected call in the middle of March. I guess it had to do with the hiring process, because I was told they were hiring a lot of people now. The interview was very laid back but went very well, felt just like a conversation and not an interview. I was interviewed in the middle of the store so I was expecting to be pulling items off the rack for an outfit. It barely lasted about seven minutes but by the end of it I think she had already made her decision, felt pretty good about it. Got a call back on Friday (interview was on Monday). They are looking for "energetic, friendly, smiling people" so just be yourself!

Gap Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (San Jose, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Received a phone call from the Manager a few days after I applied. After arriving for the interview, I was told that the Manager was at lunch and would have to wait 20-30 minutes. The particular store was located in noisy mall and the Manager decided to conduct the interview at a sitting area by the mall entrance. I was asked about the hours I was available but she basically set my availability to fit her liking. After the interview she said she would run a background check and call me within a week. I waited nearly a week and a half before I had enough and decided to call the store on my own. After calling and speaking with the Manager who interviewed me, she said she told one of the day shift assistant managers to call me earlier in the week, but he had forgotten to.

Interview Questions

• Do you have some cash handling experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gap (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I applied for this position online and received a callback the following week. It was a group interview with 5 other people. We went into the backroom and the interviewer sat us all down. She introduced herself to us, stated how long she has been working there, her position, and what working there is like. She told us the process would be that she would ask a question, and anyone could answer. She didn't expect every one of us to answer, and that was my problem. Others would answer before me, and before I could get a chance she would say something and then move on to the next question. After the questions, she asked if we had any questions. One asked what it was like to work there, and what the customers were like. Most of the interview was the interviewer talking and describing the company, the type of work and environment, the type of people, and such and such. After the questions, she paired us up into 3 groups and we each had to build an outfit for a specific occasion. Me and my partner created an semi-formal dinner for a man, and the two other groups did semi-formal for a woman and a toddler. After, we had to present our outfit. My knowledge from watching What Not to Wear and my own personal opinions helped. Unfortunately, I didn't get a callback. I made the mistake of not answering many of the questions, and this resulted in my failure. Be sure to answer as many questions as possible, go first if you have to, and be presentable and fun.

Interview Questions

• Why Gap?

What makes a good employee?

Are you able to work in alert environments?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Mainly asked situational and personality questions - just as your average sales position interview.
    - Name a time where you had to lead a team
    - Name a time where you had to work in a team
    - What qualities do you possess that will help you in this job?

Interview Questions

• If you knew that another sales associate was stealing, what would you do about it?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (San Jose, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

One on one format, extremely casual, lots of hypothetical questions to determine soft skills. The entire interview took about 30 mins. Manager was not extremely helpful in providing additional information.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gap (San Jose, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

one interview

low pay