Gap Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017

1.8

62 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later I got a call asking for an interview the next day. They said it was going to be a group interview but when I arrived the man who was going to interview me was out. Another woman interviewed me but it was one on one. She was very nice and told me about herself, asked me about myself, then told me about the company. She asked me three questions then asked if I had any questions for her. It was very laid back and I felt really comfortable. They said they'd call in the next two days if I got the job. It actually took four days but I got an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Went on seasonal hiring day and interviewed right on the spot. It was a very casual and easy interview. I filled out a couple of paper work including my availability and the manager interviewed me right on the spot at the table where the hiring event was taking place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ysidro, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gap (San Ysidro, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Got a phone call where I got asked to come into the store for a group interview. We were led to the back of the store and taken into the office. We were interviewed by the Manager and observed by the Loss Prevention associate. They did not require everyone to answer, but obviously you need to answer to stand out amongst the group. After that they said they'd call in a couple of days whether or not you got the job. I have not heard from them yet.

Anonymous Employee in Peachtree City, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (Peachtree City, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

The Interview was a group interview with one other girl. We sat down with the general manager and another employee. They were extremely friendly and the interview was really laid back. The whole process took about 10 minutes and it probably was the easiest interview I've ever done! They got back to two days later with the job offer and they start the pay off with $10 an hour!!

Interview Questions

• What is your style?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable selling Gap cards?   1 Answer
    • Tell us an experience you had with a great employee.   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

The intereview lasted about 8 minutes. Very easy and layed back. Interviewer was very nice. Simple questions: ex: why do you want to work here? Do you have retail experience? How do you handle a customer who is angry or frustrated?

The store seemed like a very nice work environment but another opportunity was given to me.

Interview Questions

• What do you value more team projects or individual work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone call a couple of days later to set up an interview. Interviewed at the store. The whole experience was very easygoing. Interview ended up being more like a one on one conversation with the store manager, who was very friendly. Received a phone call the next day with offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Gap?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Portland, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was a casual group interview with one other interviewee and the sales manager. I was contacted by phone a day after I entered my online application and was scheduled an appointment that weekend. Although the interview began a bit late, overall the demeanor was very casual and was held in the back room. We were both given an informal status on our application and were told that another manager would follow up with an official offer with additional information after processing background checks.

Interview Questions

• What is your personal style? What is the worst example of customer service you have experienced? What is the best example of customer service you have experienced? Why do you want to work at GAP? What is your availability? Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

first the call you for an interview and within the next day or so after the interview they call and tell you if you were hired or not during this call they discuss with you when you'd like to come in for training. then you are schedule for a day to work in the actual store.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you had a difficult altercation with a customer and how did you address it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gap (Birmingham, AL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call 3 days later to schedule an interview for the next day. I went in and had the interview and it was very relaxed and easy considering the interviewer was really chill and nice. no hard questions just really basic and some scenarios. I was expecting it to be a group interview but it was actually one on one and didn't last really long. I was told she had to interview other candidates and that she would call me later on the week, but I actually got a call the next day and was offered the position! They seem really put together and an awesome company to work for and I can't wait to start. I was super happy to hear that it's $10 an hour as well. They dress very casual so to the interview I just wore a cute plain shirt and some jeans!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Tukwila, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Mine was a group interview, myself and one other person, plus the interviewer. She said she liked to have group interviews to see how potential employees interacted with each other, and to gain a better understanding of our personality and fit with the position. We were taken into a back room and seated at a table in the general backroom area, there were clothing racks and such all around us. It was my first interview and the other girl's second interview, but we were asked the same questions. The interviewer was the general manager, she asked questions from memory and wrote very few notes on our answers. I had applied online, and the other girl had her first interview with one of the other managers at that location.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were confronted with an integrity issue at work with a manager or co-worker.   1 Answer