Gap Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gap Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Nov 11, 2016

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Peachtree City, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (Peachtree City, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

The Interview was a group interview with one other girl. We sat down with the general manager and another employee. They were extremely friendly and the interview was really laid back. The whole process took about 10 minutes and it probably was the easiest interview I've ever done! They got back to two days later with the job offer and they start the pay off with $10 an hour!!

Interview Questions

• What is your style?   1 Answer
  • How would you deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer
  • Are you comfortable selling Gap cards?   1 Answer
  • Tell us an experience you had with a great employee.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone call a couple of days later to set up an interview. Interviewed at the store. The whole experience was very easygoing. Interview ended up being more like a one on one conversation with the store manager, who was very friendly. Received a phone call the next day with offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Gap?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

The intereview lasted about 8 minutes. Very easy and layed back. Interviewer was very nice. Simple questions: ex: why do you want to work here? Do you have retail experience? How do you handle a customer who is angry or frustrated?

The store seemed like a very nice work environment but another opportunity was given to me.

Interview Questions

• What do you value more team projects or individual work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Portland, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was a casual group interview with one other interviewee and the sales manager. I was contacted by phone a day after I entered my online application and was scheduled an appointment that weekend. Although the interview began a bit late, overall the demeanor was very casual and was held in the back room. We were both given an informal status on our application and were told that another manager would follow up with an official offer with additional information after processing background checks.

Interview Questions

• What is your personal style? What is the worst example of customer service you have experienced? What is the best example of customer service you have experienced? Why do you want to work at GAP? What is your availability? Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

first the call you for an interview and within the next day or so after the interview they call and tell you if you were hired or not during this call they discuss with you when you'd like to come in for training. then you are schedule for a day to work in the actual store.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you had a difficult altercation with a customer and how did you address it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gap (Birmingham, AL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call 3 days later to schedule an interview for the next day. I went in and had the interview and it was very relaxed and easy considering the interviewer was really chill and nice. no hard questions just really basic and some scenarios. I was expecting it to be a group interview but it was actually one on one and didn't last really long. I was told she had to interview other candidates and that she would call me later on the week, but I actually got a call the next day and was offered the position! They seem really put together and an awesome company to work for and I can't wait to start. I was super happy to hear that it's $10 an hour as well. They dress very casual so to the interview I just wore a cute plain shirt and some jeans!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Tukwila, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Mine was a group interview, myself and one other person, plus the interviewer. She said she liked to have group interviews to see how potential employees interacted with each other, and to gain a better understanding of our personality and fit with the position. We were taken into a back room and seated at a table in the general backroom area, there were clothing racks and such all around us. It was my first interview and the other girl's second interview, but we were asked the same questions. The interviewer was the general manager, she asked questions from memory and wrote very few notes on our answers. I had applied online, and the other girl had her first interview with one of the other managers at that location.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were confronted with an integrity issue at work with a manager or co-worker.   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap in October 2015.

Interview

I actually put in an application one night and the next morning, I was called in for an interview. I came in that same day for the interview. I personally think the whole process went really well. The questions were easy and pretty simple. A few days later, I got a call back offering me a position.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and went to their hiring day event with resume in hand. The manager who was there called me the next day to set up an interview, which took about an hour and she hired me that day. The interview was pleasantly conversational. Positivity and honesty is key!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time which you feel made you become a stronger person.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Sacramento, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

1. apply online
    2. around hiring time, called the Gaps in area to tell them I was interested.
    3. went to the stores and continued to show interest.
    3. landed the first interview with the general manager
    4. did a group interview with the hiring manager
    5. they called 2 days later and I accepted the job offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe GAP style?   1 Answer