Gap Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gap Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Silverdale, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (Silverdale, WA) in November 2012.

Interview

Hireing process was simple, and straightforward. Once you turn in your application, you get a call back. Go in for the interview, they ask simple normal questions for a job of this nature. You find out 1st the interview if you are hired.

Interview Questions

• What you work availability is. How flexible you are. What you consider "good customer service" is.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Employee in Peachtree City, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (Peachtree City, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

The Interview was a group interview with one other girl. We sat down with the general manager and another employee. They were extremely friendly and the interview was really laid back. The whole process took about 10 minutes and it probably was the easiest interview I've ever done! They got back to two days later with the job offer and they start the pay off with $10 an hour!!

Interview Questions

• What is your style?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable selling Gap cards?   1 Answer
    • Tell us an experience you had with a great employee.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Sherman Oaks, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through Indeed then got a call a few days later and was asked to come in for a group interview. I got a call a day after the group interview and was told to come in for a second interview with the general manager. The day after that I got a call and was offered the job. Process took about a week.

Anonymous Employee in Napa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (Napa, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

It was supposed to be a big group interview but fortunately for me, everybody else showed up really late, like 15 minutes past the interview start time, so I was interviewed individually by the general manager. It was fairly easy and comfortable. Most of the questions were very easy, mostly about describing yourself, previous work experience, your interests, if you're into fashion, and why you're interested in the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance in where there was a problem and how you took care of it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

first the call you for an interview and within the next day or so after the interview they call and tell you if you were hired or not during this call they discuss with you when you'd like to come in for training. then you are schedule for a day to work in the actual store.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you had a difficult altercation with a customer and how did you address it?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied at the beginning of November and got an e-mail for an interview two weeks after for a drop in interview. It was a very interesting experience because I had never gone to the back of the store before. The interviewer was very relaxed and friendly. Her first question was when are your availability hours.

Interview Questions

• She asked when I was available, when I could start, tell me about yourself, why do you want to work at Gap and do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

The intereview lasted about 8 minutes. Very easy and layed back. Interviewer was very nice. Simple questions: ex: why do you want to work here? Do you have retail experience? How do you handle a customer who is angry or frustrated?

The store seemed like a very nice work environment but another opportunity was given to me.

Interview Questions

• What do you value more team projects or individual work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone call a couple of days later to set up an interview. Interviewed at the store. The whole experience was very easygoing. Interview ended up being more like a one on one conversation with the store manager, who was very friendly. Received a phone call the next day with offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Gap?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Portland, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was a casual group interview with one other interviewee and the sales manager. I was contacted by phone a day after I entered my online application and was scheduled an appointment that weekend. Although the interview began a bit late, overall the demeanor was very casual and was held in the back room. We were both given an informal status on our application and were told that another manager would follow up with an official offer with additional information after processing background checks.

Interview Questions

• What is your personal style? What is the worst example of customer service you have experienced? What is the best example of customer service you have experienced? Why do you want to work at GAP? What is your availability? Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gap (Bensalem, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

It started with asking me about a brief summary of myself during which I included academics, extra-curricular, and community service activities. It then continued with asking what makes me a good candidate for the job as well as a question asked about if the employer was to call my other employers at my church, what their description of me would be. The interview continued with a scenario of someone giving me a hard time on the sales floor and I was asked how I would handle it. I was also asked if I represent the brand outside of the store via wearing Gap clothing.

Interview Questions

• What are a few things you can tell me about yourself?   1 Answer