Gap Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017

1.8

62 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dawsonville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (Dawsonville, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was called the day after I applied online. The hiring manager was super nice over the phone and asked when was the best time for me to come in for an interview from a list of days. The interview process was in a group interview with three other people. Since this was for holiday hiring, they immediately offered the job after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Gap over another brand?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later I got a call asking for an interview the next day. They said it was going to be a group interview but when I arrived the man who was going to interview me was out. Another woman interviewed me but it was one on one. She was very nice and told me about herself, asked me about myself, then told me about the company. She asked me three questions then asked if I had any questions for her. It was very laid back and I felt really comfortable. They said they'd call in the next two days if I got the job. It actually took four days but I got an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ysidro, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gap (San Ysidro, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Got a phone call where I got asked to come into the store for a group interview. We were led to the back of the store and taken into the office. We were interviewed by the Manager and observed by the Loss Prevention associate. They did not require everyone to answer, but obviously you need to answer to stand out amongst the group. After that they said they'd call in a couple of days whether or not you got the job. I have not heard from them yet.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Went on seasonal hiring day and interviewed right on the spot. It was a very casual and easy interview. I filled out a couple of paper work including my availability and the manager interviewed me right on the spot at the table where the hiring event was taking place.

Anonymous Employee in Silverdale, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (Silverdale, WA) in November 2012.

Interview

Hireing process was simple, and straightforward. Once you turn in your application, you get a call back. Go in for the interview, they ask simple normal questions for a job of this nature. You find out 1st the interview if you are hired.

Interview Questions

• What you work availability is. How flexible you are. What you consider "good customer service" is.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Peachtree City, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (Peachtree City, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

The Interview was a group interview with one other girl. We sat down with the general manager and another employee. They were extremely friendly and the interview was really laid back. The whole process took about 10 minutes and it probably was the easiest interview I've ever done! They got back to two days later with the job offer and they start the pay off with $10 an hour!!

Interview Questions

• What is your style?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable selling Gap cards?   1 Answer
    • Tell us an experience you had with a great employee.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Sherman Oaks, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through Indeed then got a call a few days later and was asked to come in for a group interview. I got a call a day after the group interview and was told to come in for a second interview with the general manager. The day after that I got a call and was offered the job. Process took about a week.

Anonymous Employee in Napa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (Napa, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

It was supposed to be a big group interview but fortunately for me, everybody else showed up really late, like 15 minutes past the interview start time, so I was interviewed individually by the general manager. It was fairly easy and comfortable. Most of the questions were very easy, mostly about describing yourself, previous work experience, your interests, if you're into fashion, and why you're interested in the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance in where there was a problem and how you took care of it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

first the call you for an interview and within the next day or so after the interview they call and tell you if you were hired or not during this call they discuss with you when you'd like to come in for training. then you are schedule for a day to work in the actual store.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you had a difficult altercation with a customer and how did you address it?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied at the beginning of November and got an e-mail for an interview two weeks after for a drop in interview. It was a very interesting experience because I had never gone to the back of the store before. The interviewer was very relaxed and friendly. Her first question was when are your availability hours.

Interview Questions

• She asked when I was available, when I could start, tell me about yourself, why do you want to work at Gap and do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question