Gap Stock Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gap Stock Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Gap

1.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Short interview walked into the store informed them I was there for an interview and was told to browse the store while I waited for my interviewer. When he arrived I was brought into the back offices where he asked a few questions then told me I got the job!

Negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (Nashville, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

It was pretty laid back. Manager just wanted to know more about me and if I was willing to get up every morning to do the job. I was there for about 15 minutes. Told to wait for background check to get a call back for a job.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Met with the store manager. We spoke about my prior experience. Spoke about job responsibilities and requirements. Took me on a tour of the stock room and introduced me to some employees.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I believe my first interview was on the phone, and then the next day they email me for an second interview with 2 managers, I was a lil nervous because they ask me a lot of questions, since the position was overnight, when the interview was done, i received an phone call saying that i got the job, but they will be another interview, a group interview, they wanted to see how we interract with others, and it went smooth, and we had to come back the next day to fill out our paper work

Interview Questions

• Why gap?
      Have you ever worked at overnight?
      If we contact your old job, what you think they will say about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Took me almost 3 week to get an interview, i applied online (Part Time position). They called me for an interview, no question when they called me, the interview was simple and short, almost 10 minutes.

I'm just waiting for the call if i get the job or not :p

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

I applied on online, got called the next day. I was given different days and times that I could choose to come on for the interview. My interview was a group interview with 3 other people. The person that interviewed us made things very relaxed and was talking to us before the actual interview, so it made the interview feel like we were just having a big group discussion. I was nervous before the interview, and I got all overly worked up for nothing, this was the most relaxing interview ever. It only lasted 30 minutes, it seem like it was much longer but only 30 minutes. They said that everybody would get called back by the end of the day to let the know of they got the job.(this was for a new store, that's opening soon) So that's why the process was kinda speedy. I go an call 2 hours later saying I got the job!

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between customer service and selling? Or is there a difference?   Answer Question
    • Paint a picture of what you think customer service is?   Answer Question
    • Describe a color that best fits you and why?   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap in January 2015.

Interview

Interview was easy. Pretty standard for a retail position. I already worked for the company before at another store so that made it much easier for me. Overall pretty easy interview that doesn't differ much from other retail places. East interview for an easy job.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

They only hire people through workforce, in my opinion. I had three interviews and a walk through before I started. The first initial interview wasn't even in the city, it was in Brooklyn. The next day you get a call back to the same building to meet with HR of the company. Then, if they like you they call you back for another group interview at the store. To call you back the next day for a walk through.

Interview Questions

• They ask questions mostly about you, your personality, and style. What do you think is fashionable and why? They also ask you why did you decide on the outfit you picked that day.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Queenstown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (Queenstown, MD) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied online; went through online process of questions. All of the online questions were common sense. I got a call a few MONTHS later, and luckily i was unemployed. I was invited to an interview. The interviewer was not really into it, and lazily read off of a list of questions from a Gap corporate printout. They were pretty basic-- "What would you do if X," "What's your experience with Y,"... I made sure to be detailed with my question, and just made sure to talk to her like i was having a conversation. I brought up examples and stories. I was polite and maintained eye contact, but not TOO much eye contact. The manager thanked me and told me that the stock manager would be giving me a call to follow up. The stock manager did call me back in the evening and went over the same questions, and was pretty much just gauging my personality. Again, just be yourself, be bubbly and soulful. I think this Gap was desperate for workers though.

Negotiation

I asked for 9 per hour but she told me i could only start at 8.25, and that you can get one raise per year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Chicago, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed with a group of people who were mostly highly qualified. The experience was pretty intimidating. However, this kind of interview allows you to buy more time in order to answer the questions better. The last part was to choose clothing items for head to toe to create a signature outfit that represents yourself and its purpose (i.e. date, hanging out with friends, concert, clubbing, barhopping etc)