Gap Visual Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gap Visual Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Gap

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Atlanta, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

I saw an ad on Craigslist for sales and visual associates that linked to the online application. I got a call about a week/week and a half later inviting me for an interview. I wasn't sure if it would be one on one or not, but it was a group interview. It was me, another girl, and a guy. We were first told to choose one outfit that reflected our style and then the store manager came and took us to a back room for the interview. He first explained a little about the company and then asked us to introduce ourselves. Then he asked questions and he said we could just jump in but we didn't necessary have to answer every question. Usually all 3 of us answered. Then he had us explain our outfits that we choose.

After that we gave him our availability and let him know if we were more interested in sales or brand (visuals, stock) and we were all interested in the visual associate position. The manager was very friendly and easygoing. The entire interview was about 30 min long and very easy. There were no hard questions. The other girl and I had our visual portfolios, so he looked at those as well.

I really wanted the job and thought I did well in the interview but did not get a call. Very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• How would you break the ice with a customer?   Answer Question
  • What's the difference between sales and service?   Answer Question
  • When was a time that you had to give advice?   Answer Question
  • How would you describe the Gap brand?   1 Answer
  • Where do you get your sense of style? What's your favorite trend for summer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Visual Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gap (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in May 2011.

Interview

I saw an advertisement in the window looking for visual associates. Could not find the vacancy online so rang the store, was asked to bring in a cv and ask for the Visual Manager. A few days later, I had an impromptu phone interview, then a first round interview with the visual manager and other visual associate and stylist. Then a second round interview with the district visual merchandiser. I was offered the role a few days after. Recruitment process was very long.

The phone interview, was basically a background check and relevant skills. Then was asked to come for a first round interview and to bring along a mood board.
    The first round involved answering a very log list of questions with the visual manager, afterwards I was sent to the shop floor to style and outfit a female and male mannequins and then describing why. I then had to walk the floor and suggest improvements to the shop floor if I had the choice.
    After a couple of weeks I was told they could not decide between a few candidates so there was another round with the district visual coordinator. I had to pick a competitor and do a SWOT analysis. I then had to present and suggest what I would do to improve the visuals at Gap.
    A week later I was offered the job.

Visual Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2017.

Interview

I got an interview at their store right after I applied online. The hiring manager was really friendly and offered me a cup of coffee before the interview. We went to a coffee shop inside mall and had a quick job interview. It starts with tell me something about yourself, your experience working at a retail environment and your strengths and weakness.