Garage Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.3

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Garage.

Interview

This interview process was different. We were not notified until we got there that it would be a group interview with 2 others (so three total). But it was very laid back and easy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Garage

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Garage (Spring, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Filled and submitted application, few days later they called me to schedule interview. Went on interview, manager took me outside of the store on a bench, since it's pretty loud in. Not up tight conversation at all, felt like i was talking to a friend. For them everything is really about exceptional customer service, so point that a lot while talking. They are looking for someone who has fun personality, (can't be shy), who is outgoing, doesn't have a problem approaching people etc.. 3 days later manager called me to make an offer for sales associate and asked me when can i come to finish the paperwork.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Garage (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Manager say me down in the mall and asked me about my retail and job experience, very casual, I dressed nicely but she was in garage. Fairly typical interview questions other than that though.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Garage (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I was accepted by the manager through a referral. It was completely through the phone. I was at college out of state and I had applied through a friend because i needed a job when i came home. I just took the survey and the background check and as soon as I got home I went in to fill out my final paper work. After a week i started my first day.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Garage in October 2015.

Interview

My interview was super laid back, I felt like I was talking to one of my friends. Lucky for me I knew majority of the managers because my best friend worked there.

The interview itself was held at a little sitting area down the hall from the store and we barely talked about work related things. However when one of the managers did ask me questions (from a sheet of paper) she would write down everything I said word for word.

The questions were basic retail questions.

My advice for if you want to be a regular employee apply right before they do seasonal hiring that's what I did and my manager also said that's when they hire most regular employees.

Interview Questions

• describe a time you dealt with an angry customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • name a time you went above and beyond to perform exceptional customer service?   Answer Question
    • what would you do if you caught a customer stealing?   Answer Question
    • tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • what characteristics do you think a garage employee should have?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Garage in August 2015.

Interview

I applied in person, and a day later was called for a phone interview. I was told that since I applied in person, there was no need for me to come back to the store. The interview was very brief (under 10 mins.)

I was asked "Why do you want to work at Garage?", "How would you describe your style?", "Are you an outgoing person?" After answering, I was told a basic description of the job, that I'd be stocking, working the register, etc.

If you do well on the interview, they'll refer you to a background check before deciding whether or not to hire you.

Tip: Try not to come off as too shy or nervous during your interview. They're much less likely to hire you if you're not a "generally outgoing person", as the job involves a lot of talking to customers.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Garage (Miami, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview will be outside of the store. Mines wasn't a group interview which is great. Make sure you talk more about yourself than anything else and don't be shy ! They want outgoing people with energy.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest accomplishment ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Garage (Towson, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

Tge interview was easy. The lady was very nice and she had a sense of humor. Just come early and dress business casual with some garage clothing mixed in with it and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• If a lady came in stressed about not being able to find an outfit and talks for 15 minutes, what do you do?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied 3 months prior to my interview i got a call , it was a group interview we got asked hard off guard questions , they make you feel very comfortable even though its a group interview.

Interview Questions

• If you could be a kitchen tool what tool would you be   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Garage.

Interview

i walked into the store and asked for application. the old assistant manager gave me one in store and had me take a questionnaire (can't be hired if not passed). She called me for an interview and immediately told me i was hired. SHE made working there worth while.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you did not get along with store manager.   1 Answer