GardaWorld Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.6

74 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

You have to fill a complete information form and write a short test that takes about an hour before you go for the actual interview with atleast 1 person. Tne interview usually takes around 10 minutes

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

My interview was at 2pm and I arrived at 1:15pm and there was already people in line. Therefore be early instead of on time! This way you get a front seat on the object recognition test. Which is needed when you are looking for detail (this way you can focus fully on the screen). The interview is straight forward. 20 questions for object recognition test. Its either you see a grenade, knife, gun or none; each slide is only one answer. 100 pre qualification questions and you only have 60 minutes to complete it. Basic math, english, patterns etc. Examples: what is 10% from 60? Or which word of the four given is misspelled? Then after you have successfully passed both tests you have a quick 1 on 1. My interviewer was not intimidating and very nice. After the questions they give you a form for which a doctor must fill out.
    Be yourself and try your best!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GardaWorld in August 2017.

Interview

Firstly I would like to thank everyone who posted here with details its experience in this whole tense and exhausting process. It helped me a lot and I could fail without these contribuitions.

The event for who apply to work at Pearson Airport now happens at Convention Centre in Mississauga. There the parking is free.

My test was booked to 8am. I arrived around 7:20am and it had a lot of people already. Pay attention: you MUST go wearing PROFESSIONAL attire. I saw there few people too casual; Guys with sueter and a lady wearing pink high heels. Come on lol.

If you REALLY want this job, I highly recommen to buy a package of practice of X-ray, math, English, logic, etc. Google "jobtestprep", it comes with interview package as well. It was definitive to my success.

The recognition test is fair. Four big screen in each corner of the room. Who got there late had to seat a little far of the screen. It's a disadvantage. Try to seat close to the screen! It will make easier to find what is necessary. I could not account how many people was there, but It's possible that around 70. The test consisted in 20 slides , with 20s each to look and mark the sheet if you see gun, granade, knife or no threat. Although pretty basic, 75% of people failed becaude had not made 80% of the test.

The next step was the pre qualification test. 100 questions to complete in 1h. 70% of the answers must be correct. If you don't have a perfect English like me, don't worry. Buy the package that I mentioned above and you will be fine. Remember! It's 60 minutes only. Logic, math and pattern may make you spend a lot of time to answer it. Practice it is very important.

The result to this test was confuse. Everyone was called to a room. Some applicants made the interview, others were disqualified right way. I did not know that I would get the job at the day. I made the interview (questions below) and others few procedures. A lady told me that only around 15% of all applicants get the job.

Interview Questions

• What for you mean to work to GardaWolrd?   1 Answer
    • What will you do in your first day work?   1 Answer
    • Do you like to work in a team?   1 Answer
    • What is a pre board screening officer job to you?   1 Answer
    • Do you have something better than everyone here at this room?   1 Answer

Pre-Board Screening Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

5 minute interview after successfully passing x-ray test and a 100 multiple choice questionnaire about grammar, math, patterns, spelling etc.
    Pay attention to the presentation and you shouldn't have a problem passing the x-ray test!

Pre Board Screening Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

You have to do an object recognition test the first day with over 30 people in the room. The pass rate is low you must score something like 80% or higher. After this you write a English and Patterns (think Math) exam which is very easy.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you available?   1 Answer

YYC Screening Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I had both theory and visual test done and I passed them both, didn't get called back. not sure why? coz the 5 minute interview was easy & simple. Guess i didn't have a more recent customer service experience.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I got a call for the entrance exam. There are 2 tests basic comprehension test and x ray test.when you go there, try to sit at the front because on the x-ray test you need to see the image clearly to pass it. Then next step is 1on1 interview. Once you pass that, you will be asked to go through 6-7 week intensive training. The first two weeks are mostly theory class and then you will be trained on the floor. At the end you have to give 4 tests. If you get less than 80% in any one of them, then you get kicked out.

Interview Questions

• What would you do on your first day if you get hired?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GardaWorld.

Interview

The first stage was object recognition test, you need to identify knife, gun or grenade in the bag. If you are successful at this stage you are automatically going for a second 1 hour test. This test is basic English, grammar , maths and so on. If you are successful at both stages you are invited for the interview. I completed all three stages. Nothing difficult just common sense.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as a pre-board screening officer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Before going for an interview make sure you search and read everything about the company you are applying to.

Pre-Board Screening Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial application online with simple survey of questions. Followed by an email invite for a face to face interview. Upon arrival, there were close to 50 people, divided into 2 groups. First step was to pass a object screening recognition exam via slide show. If you passed, it was followed by a grammar, punctuation exam. Fairly simple. Last step was one on one to which they ask a few simple questions. They will in touch with you in a week if selected.

Interview Questions

• Do you live close to the airport?
      Could you report to work within an hour?
      What do customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

No process. The interviewer just asks what hours I was available for and hired me. Very very cheaply and quickly run. It's almost like i could have been a homeless off the street with a licence and they would have hired me.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you available?   1 Answer