GardaWorld Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GardaWorld Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.3

Pre-Board Screening Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied for this position in beg of Jan 2017. Got email in 2 days for test. First test was Object Recognition Test aka X-Ray Recognition Test. In this test you are identifying Gun, Grenade, knife. There will be four options to choose every slide and last option will be none of these. In each slide they will only show either gun or grenade or knife or none. Not two threats together, so they won't confuse you. Finding Gun and grenade is really easy but knives are very difficult to identify. They will walk you through how these images looks like in real life and on x-rays.

Then after that there will be 100 multiple choices questions for grammar(whether the tense chart has been correctly used ie. verbs, noun or pronoun has been properly used), spelling (to find correct or incorrect spelling), pattern recognition (for shapes and numbers), mathematics (what is 10% of 48000). This test is very simple.

But they only check your answers if you have passed the ORT Object recognition test.

At the end of second test, they started calling out people's name who passed. Who didn't passed were still seated as then they announced that you failed and good luck for next time. You can reapply after 6 months.

Interview Questions

• Prepare lots of customer services examples as they are looking for real life examples.   Answer Question
    • Look into the duties of Pre-board screening position.   Answer Question

GARDA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

back before garda took over security armor car hiring & interview took less than a week with garda now it takes 30 or more days

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was 2 hrs. & 40 mins long - interviewer was friendly & engaging. Asked many questions about various scenarios & how i would handle it - both as a security guard & as a potential shift supervisor. Made me think "outside the box" & beyond what the training covered.

Interview Questions

• If it was closing time for the centre & you came across someone who was sleeping & had been drinking . You ask him/her to leave & they tell you to give them 5 mins & their privacy, how would you handle it, even when they become belligerent & procrastinate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation involved - told of the hourly rate for the site.

Pre-Board Screening Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was at the airport. If you can help it, try to get dropped off or take public transit. I had to pay for parking with a credit card. $16.00 if a lot to pay with 0 guarantees you will get the job. Once There, I got lost. There were no signs at the entrances to direct anyone where to go for the first phase of the interview process. I tried to get help from the information desk but they didnt know what I was talking about. Lucky for me, i ran into someone who was there for the interview and she knew were to go.

The first step in the interview process is a Test that consisted of first an X-ray item recognition. you get 20 seconds to look at an X-ray of luggage and have to accurately identify whether or not you see a knife, gun, grenade or non of the above. They walked us first through a quick guide about how best to make out the items. each image only had either 1 of the 3 weapons. if you dont see one of the 3 weapons then you are suppose to select "non of the above". The test is challenging and less then 1/2 the people who took the test passed it.

Then there was 100 question multiple choice test that tested spelling, grammar, pattern recognition, math, reading comprehension, logic skills. you only had 60 minutes to complete the test. If English is your first language and you completed grade 12 then the test is passable. we were told that you needed 80% correct answers for both tests to pass but, be warned- They wont give you your marks because they reserve the right to lower or raise the passing threshold. If you fail any of the tests then you have to wait 6 months to try again for the same position (but you are allowed to apply for other available positions).

If you pass the test, there is a 4-5 minute 1 on 1 interview. If you make it past that, then you will be invited for a full 1 on 1 interview which i was advised would take 30 minutes. If you are driving at to the Airport, be sure to give yourself an extra 1 1/2 so you can find adequate parking, but ideally, try to get dropped off or take transit.

Make sure you bring a printed copy of your Resume with 3 references (from supervisors), A print out of your invitation for the interview, and water bottle, dress in professional attire and PLEASE REMEMBER TO TURN OFF YOUR PHONE, you can be disqualified if your phone rings during the test. One thing that was recommended by another reviewer on glassdoor, was to sit as close to the front-center as possible so you can see the X-ray images better for the item recognition test. after taking the test, I know this tip was absolutely helpful. Try to be among the first few people who get into the examination room to be seated; Stand close to the doors and arrive 15-30minutes earlier.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you gave above and beyond good customer service?   1 Answer
    • What qualities do you think you possess that makes you a good candidate for this position?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted in about a week to do the interview testing. First test consisted of about 40 people, we all did an object recognition test of bags underneath an xray. After the test was over, they called the names of the people who passed, and whoever wasn't called was asked to leave. About half the room didn't pass. The next test came, it was multiple choice on your understanding of the English language, patterns, and simple math. The same thing happened, they called out names, and whomever didn't pass was asked to leave. Another half of the group was gone after that. Then they asked everyone to leave the room, and they called us in one-by-one for a short interview. If you did well in the short interview, they gave you a date and time for a more in depth interview. Which I went to the next day, and now I am awaiting someone to phone me in the next few weeks to see if I'll be getting an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Garda?   1 Answer
    • What do you think customer service means for this position?   1 Answer

Pre-Board Screening Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

I took my Interview Process yesterday. The first stage is object recognition test. One of them will provide a short review. Be sure to listen and focus on the objects on the screen. You will need to know if there is a knife, grenade, gun or no treat inside the bag. Then next is the english,pattern,math and grammar exam. If you pass the 2 exams the next is short interview. Right now I'm waiting for them to contact me again. I passed the 2 exams and done with my short interview. Pray and focus:)))

Interview Questions

• When did you provide excellent customer service?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

After a few minutes waiting outside the room, we were introduced into a classroom type room. A staff showed 35 of us the introduction of the X Ray test and the steps following. 20 pictures and 20 seconds each. They marked the paper right after and called the names that passed the test. Unfortunately, mine is not included.

Pre Board Screening Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within a couple of weeks was sent a invite to the airport for a recruitment meeting. I selected the time that worked best for me and went to the meeting a couple days later.
    The first thing that myself and about a dozen others did was an x-ray exam. They show you slides with x-rayed items and you have to distinguish certain things from them. They also trick you and shrink or enlarge items. I unfortunately did not pass and have to wait 6 months before I can reapply.
    The x-ray exam is very hard.

Pre Board Screening Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GardaWorld in January 2016.

Interview

I passed all the exams.The first test was x-ray imaging. Most of the people failed it. You need to sit close to the screen and also dont just focus on images in blue colour, but try to check whole image. Most of the items were orange. Don't just stick to the instructions, they might enlarge the size of knife. Other tests were easy. They asked me brief questions but next day, they said that they are looking for the most fit person for this job. So they wished me luck and said no.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my fluency in English and French and also asked about my availability because they need someone who is available for all the shifts.   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Apply online, complete english test and competency testing in office. From there if you pass both a detailed interview or in some cases multiple interviews occur and you will be placed based on skills and available schedule. Good process overall weens out poor quality staff.