GardaWorld Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GardaWorld Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.3

Pre-Board Screening Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

After applying online I got a email to come for prequalify session. There are 2 tests basic comprehension test and x ray test.when you go there, try to sit at the front because on the x-ray test you need to see the image clearly to pass it. Then next step is 1on1 interview. Once you pass that, you will be asked to go through 6-7 week intensive training. The first two weeks are mostly theory class and then you will be trained on the floor. At the end you have to give 4 tests. If you get less than 80% in any one of them, then you get kicked out.

YYC Screening Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I had both theory and visual test done and I passed them both, didn't get called back. not sure why? coz the 5 minute interview was easy & simple. Guess i didn't have a more recent customer service experience.

Interview Questions

Interview

Phone interview first then in person. Background checks take a bit long. No cons. Supervisors are down to earth. Really easy interview.i was hired within a few weeks of the interview. Garda is still hiring more people. The job is easy for good $.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a high school degree?   1 Answer
    • Are you currently enrolled in college   1 Answer
    • Are you married   1 Answer
    • Do you have any children   1 Answer
    • Are you available for full time positions.   1 Answer

Technicienne, administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

La première étape était l'entrevue téléphonique, suite à quoi j'ai été convoquée en entrevue et j'ai finalement obtenu l'emploi. J'avais eu la référence qui m'indiquait qu'ils recherchaient un ou une étudiante dans le poste. J'avais donc pris contact avec la personne qui recrutait puis j'ai directement passé à l'entrevue téléphonique qui validait mes expériences antérieures et mon domaine d'étude. Suite à l'entrevue téléphonique, j'ai envoyé par courriel mon curriculum vitae, puis j'ai été contacter pour planifier l'entrevue en personne. Lors de l'entrevue en personne, la réceptionniste était très acceuillante, je devais présenter mes pièces d'identité. Puis, je suis montée en haut pour remplir les papiers autorisant l'enquête pré-emploi et pour la prise de référence. L'entrevue a durée environ 30 à 45 minutes et ils ont pris le temps de m'Expliquer plus en détails le poste et la raison pour laquelle il était vacant.

Interview Questions

• 1- Que connaissez-vous de GardaWorld et ses divisions?
      2- Quelles sont 2 qualités en lien avec l'emploi
      3- deux défauts en lien avec l'emploi   Answer Question

Cash Vault Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broadview, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Broadview, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was quick and to the point. The interviewer was kind of unprofessional by bad mouthing the current employees already working there. After the interview I had to followup with the company who contacted me 2 weeks after to inform me that I had got the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online by creating a profile at the company career website. Received an invitation to attend a hiring event at the YYC airport. The interview was a three part process. 1st part consisted of an X-ray imaging identification test, in which you are required to visually scan the image on the screen and make a deduction whether it is a grenade, knife or a gun. The second part consists of 100 MCQs, testing your basic knowledge of the English language, Mathematics, and General Knowledge. The last part consists of 10-15 minute 1-on-1 interview with the hr representative.

Interview Questions

• 1. When did you provide excellent customer service?
      2. What would you do on your first day if you got hired?
      3. If someone would not allow you to check their bag, what would you do?   3 Answers

Pre-Board Screening Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

An early morning with several rounds of tests including X-ray interpretation, writing, reading then an in person interview. After each round, names are called of those who were successful. Almost three quarters of the room left after the X-ray interpretation skills test. A number of X-ray images are shown on a screen for about 20 seconds each. You then decide whether there is a gun or not in the image and record your answer. If you're taking the test, take time to study what X-ray colours represent. It will make finding metal objects easier and faster.

Interview Questions

• If you are comfortable completing a physical search of person.   1 Answer

Cash Processing Teller I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hempstead, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Hempstead, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The hiring and interview process took about 2 weeks. The background check took to majority of the time. I also had to do a drug test. I was interviewed by the manager of the West Hempstead location and 2 supervisors that I would be working with.

GardaWorld Pre-Board Screening Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Arrive earlier, as it might take another 15-20 min to find where the test takes place. There is no big signs all over, just one stand in front of test room. In your email you will be instructed to go on level 3 over west jet check ins.
    Bring your ID, ticket - printed or on your device, and resume.
    There will be two test. The first one is visual, identifying objects. During the first one make sure your answers match with the slide image. The second test consists of spelling, sentence structure, grammar, logic, pattern recognition, a little math. The tests look simple but require a lot of attention. There were around 80 people; at the end, there were only 20-25 to hand out their resumes, have 3-5 min talk/interview, and wait for the next step of hiring process.
    I was told that I will be contacted 1-2 week after for next instructions. Waiting!

Driver/Messenger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Topeka, KS) in January 2016.

Interview

Not much of an interview. The manager conducts it like you're already hired. There's really no way to mess it up other than not being able to pass a drug test or a background check.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work weekends and overtime?   1 Answer
    • Can you submit to a drug test and background check?   1 Answer