GardaWorld Security Guard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 2, 2017

2.2

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

You go into a room with HR, go through a very casual interview where they basically just want to ee if you can speak and understand english clearly enough, and then ask you to write a mandatory skill testing exam that revolves around simple math, spelling, and what would you do scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in security.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GardaWorld

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was 2 hrs. & 40 mins long - interviewer was friendly & engaging. Asked many questions about various scenarios & how i would handle it - both as a security guard & as a potential shift supervisor. Made me think "outside the box" & beyond what the training covered.

Interview Questions

• If it was closing time for the centre & you came across someone who was sleeping & had been drinking . You ask him/her to leave & they tell you to give them 5 mins & their privacy, how would you handle it, even when they become belligerent & procrastinate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation involved - told of the hourly rate for the site.

Security Guard Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GardaWorld.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a written test (Vocab, Spelling, Punctuation). Once the test is passed, Hr manager will interview you and if he likes you he will give you choices of the departments with openings that interest you. Lastly, the manager of the department or section you picked will interview you. In summary, phone interview followed by written test followed by two 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability like?
      What is your past experience?
      What is the address of the building you are in right now?
      Was the main door push or pull?
      Describe the receptionist and what was her name ? (testing observant and memory skills I'm assuming)   1 Answer

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Casual, relaxed atmosphere. Took 5-10 minutes. Asked about availability, why garda? why security? Qualities of a good guard. How would you react if armed robbers show up at a bank. Asked about licenses.

Interview Questions

• Reaction if you are at a bank and armed robbers show up?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

First, I went their office to fill the application form, the next day I got call from the headoffice ask If I interest the site, then the next day went for the interview to the site, then got the notify from the site director to development office for further inquires, the next call ask me to the office to pick my uniform and then ask for schedules for further trainning, start now from work

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a serious situation from previous career   1 Answer

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Red Deer, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Red Deer, AB (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview done by an employee not manager, office was a mess, no documentation was copied for file, employee was friendly and informative, hired right away, wasn't told about rules or policies of the company

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sudbury, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Sudbury, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

Was none.. they are so desperate for guards they just give hiring packages. Rate of pay was established at 11.42 an hour regardless of experience or skills. now shows they are willing to hire 12-14 an hour based on what you able to provide as skills. seems very unfair.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

-Aptitude Test (Written test, asking about Canada and provinces along with government, and patterns/mathematical)
    -About self, experience

It was a very basic interview. They're looking for people who can put in long hours when needed and common sense

Negotiation

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GardaWorld (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

they ask me about the security questions and about my previos experience.they took my math test. and after that they send me for dress. its was very eassy interview.
    and after that i joined job next week.
    the coworkers is really nice and coperative.
    and every year one dollar increment.

Interview Questions

• what is the main role of security guard?   1 Answer
    • about my experience.   1 Answer

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in North York, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GardaWorld (North York, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was a three step process. Had one with recruiter who presumably weeds out non-qualified applicants if there references don't check out, then 2nd with top level manager of that branch who based on my specific skill set decided that I could fit somewhere else in the company, and the third with the manager overseeing scheduling who gave a better day-to-day analysis of what the job would entail.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work in the private security industry?   Answer Question