Garden Ridge Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Garden Ridge Interview Questions

1.5

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Garden Ridge (Richmond, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. After I submitted my application I was called a week later to come in. Of the four people being interviewed, three of us were hired. The store director was very nice and professional. I did get the job. So far everything is going well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Garden Ridge.

Interview

Fill out an app. A day later they called. Had the interview the next day. got a call 4 days later for an offer to work there........... .. ..... . . . .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Request $9hr.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Garden Ridge (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was called 3 weeks later. Went for interview at store. Introduced myself to manager and he looked dumbfounded. He was 1 hour behind for interviews and forgot. Interviewed with assistant, was a joke. He was totally clueless. 1 1/2 week later get phone call from same manager to schedule interview.he forgot I had already interviewed and I did not remind him.Show up for interview and Manager is busy with his boss and does not even acknowledge me. Left 20 minutes later with no interview.

Interview Questions

• How much retail experience do you have?   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Garden Ridge (Dearborn, MI) in November 2013.

Interview

very unprofessional and sour attitude

Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Garden Ridge in August 2013.

Interview

My interview involved me and one other girl. The interviewer basically explained what we would be doing if we got the job. We were not asked questions other than how open our schedules were and how much experience we had prior. In the end we were asked if we had any questions but the interviewer had explained the job very well. It was a simple and quick interview overall.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Garden Ridge in June 2013.

Interview

Sent an email with resume and cover letter. Heard back within a few days of applying. I just applied because the store was close by but I did not see an ad or posting. There were other interviews that day.

Interview Questions

• Just expect to answer details about your work ethic and previous employers.   Answer Question

Front End Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Garden Ridge.

Interview

the hiring process want bad mainly they just ask normal interview questions. if they like the way you present yourself and can pass a backround check most likely you will be hired.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here....... Never answer because i need a job so many people do this and guess what they still need a job at the end of the interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

they only pay a certian rate so dont expect them to budge,

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Garden Ridge.

Interview

they are just seeing if you have the ability to work long hard hours with no breaks to move the freight. It is always just up to the DM if he or she likes the way you look and are able to work all the time with no notice of schedule changes.

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Garden Ridge (Plano, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

I was called by the district manager to meet the a the store manager at a Plano store. He was stocking merchandise at the time. We went to his office, and he wanted to know why I was leaving my current job. I told him I want a challenge, and he seemed thrilled to hear this bc apparently garden ridge is all about challenges. I could tell that the store was not well staffed and horribly faced. Management doesn't know their sales on a daily basis and customer service is not a priority to them. There is no training program in place. You just get thrown into the job, and you sink or swim. There is a huge lack of organization, and I really don't see the company being around much longer. I was told I was a good fit and should expect a call from the district manager about salary requirements...that was 3 weeks ago lol.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to leave your company and come to garden ridge?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Garden Ridge in March 2012.