Garmin Cartography Tech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Garmin Cartography Tech Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS) in February 2015.

Interview

First interview was done over the phone, and they asked basic questions about background and interests. Second interview done in Olathe. The second interview involved a three part process the first part was observing someone holding the position you are applying for and getting a idea of daily operations. The second part involved demonstrating what you learned that day, while the last part was the actual interview the the department head.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Garmin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS) in January 2012.

Interview

Only offered $14.50 an hour starting pay. They said there was no room to move up in the company (i.e. to an Analyst) but said that there would be potential to be a Senior Tech after TWO YEARS. Very basic questions, any decent ArcGIS user could fill the position (they use in-house software that is very similar to ESRI products.)

Interview Questions

• Can you sit in front of a computer for long periods of time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS) in February 2010.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by on-site interview. Process lasted around 5 hours consisting of presenting software, applying software to data, and panel interview at the end.

Interview Questions

• Describe the three software platforms Garmin uses in processing data.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating... Period.