Garmin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Garmin Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Randomly contacted by phone after a recruiter found my resume in a jobs database. 2 interviews, both by phone. One with the recruiter as a pre screen, then one with 2 engineers in the office. Everyone was very nice.

Interview Questions

Interview

The process was organized and proceded relatively smooth. The HR department is very helpful and will try to do what they can for you. As long as you are respectful and professional and do not have unreasonable expectations, the process is good.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't anything unexpected. They pretty standard interview questions. A little technical and a little personality questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They work with you if your expectation is reasonable. They want you to be happy with your pay and will accept requests within reason.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Garmin.

Interview

Had an On-Campus Interview, then they had me come out to their headquarters. Had two interviews, both were technical, having to do with C. Got a call a couple days later from HR, they had some more interview questions. Then they asked if I've had other interviews or offers, what my salary requirements are, and then said they are offering me an internship.

Interview Questions

• Use C to count the number of set bits in an int.   2 Answers
    • Find the length of a C-string, given a pointer to the first character.   3 Answers

Negotiation

They asked if I had salary requirements, I said what the average is for interns. I then accepted what they offered.

GIS Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Garmin.

Interview

Was called randomly one evening by an HR person. Asked me a couple of questions like what was my desired salary and my experience. Then scheduled a second phone interview with more common interview questions. Got an email a week later saying I was not a good fit.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Garmin.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter at my campus career fair. They called me later that night to schedule an interview for the day after. It was a bit short notice and I wasn't really sure what to expect. I thought the interview would be very technical but they only asked me questions about my resume and simple behavioral questions. I got an offer 3 days after the interview. In all it was a very quick experience and not at all what I expected it to be.

Applications Developer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Garmin.

Interview

Had a phone screen interview. Was essentially just a resume overview with description about the job.

Interview Questions

• Nothin much, since it was a non technical round the only point of extra thought for me was the hourly compensation expectation.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Team Leader Interview

Interview

Was contacted by the recruiter via LinkedIn and an onsite was scheduled. The interview process was good. Initially recruiter briefed me about the role and the position. Subsequently there were two rounds of interview. One focused on coding and programming skills and another focused on leadership skills.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is the most difficult part of leadership role in your current position.   Answer Question

Interview

Great company, they take care of their people. Morale is overall high... unless you're at the call center. Worst spot in call center is Automotive. More work than other teams and not for more pay. MINIMAL advancement opportunity. Call center is notoriously a black hole. Advancement to HQ typically unlikely.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Initially contacted by recruiter, exchanged multiple emails, had 2 phone interviews that seemed to be checking to see if I was indeed a human. After that all contact was cut off and I could not get a hold of my HR contact.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was that difficult, standard "interview questions"   Answer Question

Design Engineer - Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Garmin.

Interview

I attended a Garmin event at my university. It was very informal (sponsored bbq) so I chatted with one of the design engineers there wearing shorts and a t-shirt, handed him my resume and thought I'd hear from them in a few weeks when the career fair came around. Wrong. They called me a few hours later for a next-day interview on my university's campus.

Interview Questions

• They asked very few behavior questions, but they asked me to take a technical test... I had to solve an op-amp and a simple circuit problem. Wouldn't have been difficult, and it really wasn't, but I couldn't remember how to do it (my circuits' courses were two years ago). My advice: study your basic circuits.   Answer Question