Garmin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.8

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the Garmin site. About a month later I got a call from their HR recruiter and scheduled an interview for the next day, The interview was with the Technical Recruiter and the supervisor/manager of the department with the opening. They were friendly and showed genuine interest in me as an applicant...making me feel comfortable in answering their questions about my skills and work experience. Probably the best interview I ever experienced...whether I get the job or not.

Interview Questions

• What didn't I like about my current job...where I employ skills they are looking for.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Garmin (Kansas City, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

For the most part it was just about my history and then a brief technical interview. Two interviewers and myself, one software engineer and one not. Much more focus on past projects than on anything else. Technical questions were typical CSC-150 type questions you see in any technical interview. Overall, pleasant interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a past project and any difficulties you had with it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Garmin in February 2017.

Interview

Met them at a college career fair. I got an interview the day after. Mostly asked behavioral questions. Asked about my experiences. Still in the process currently so I don't have a lot of information to share. Mostly, make sure to know basic programming and how to explain your experience. Make sure to also prepare to answer behavioral questions. How would you solve a difficult problem?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Garmin (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview, then On Site, but I only got to phone interview. Asked mostly behavioral questions regarding resume, past projects and experience, what have you learned. Then ask if you had other job offers. I said yes and recruiter gave me a time frame they would respond since I had an offer at hand. They didnt meet the time frame so I sent an email to ask if there is any update since my offer was cutting close, then they sent me a rejection email right after my email. Thought that was rather weird.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS) in January 2017.

Interview

First was a short phone interview asking some basic questions about my background, resume items, and personality questions. Had a Skype interview (since I'm not located near their headquarters) a few weeks later with a few team leaders within Garmin. They asked more specifically about resume items, basic programming questions, and gave me a code exercise. For the exercise, they gave me a function (in C) and asked me to walk through the code and determine its purpose and a few potential flaws with the code. I was expecting an in-person interview as well, but to my surprise they called with an offer a few days after the Skype interview.

Interview Questions

• What would a former supervisor or teacher say are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What is a strength and weakness of yours as each a team member and a team leader?   Answer Question

Aviation Systems Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Garmin in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email to set up a phone interview. During the interview most question had to do with what experience I had with various systems or projects. Other were behavioral questions. Questions were not overly difficult if you had any experience in the areas they asked about.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Garmin in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewing process was pretty good! I first had a phone screen with an HR representative that was mostly just looking over my resume and answering very basic technical questions (what's a pointer?). I got invited to do a hour-and-a-half long Skype interview with the hiring manager, where the interview was half behavioral and half technical. The interviews were great, and HR was very timely during the whole process.

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS).

Interview

First Got the initial screening, they asked some simple background and behavioral question. Talked about why I left my previous offices. They then talked about how the process will go from there. After some time, I got mail that I would have technical skype interview with two of their Software engineers. On skype, though only one showed up, I was fine with it, easier. the technical interview was easy, basic technical questions. Since it had been a long time since I actually coded I couldn't answer some questions. But it was fine, the interviewer was a cool guy, smiled, made me feel comfortable and provided me the answers when I was wrong or missed something. All the question were derived from the CV I sent them. It was a good experience and interview. It was mostly my fault that I didn't get an offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Garmin (Salem, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for an open position in Software Engineering after attending a career fair at the university I graduated from. About a month later I was called to set up a phone interview. The process in setting it up was very smooth. The interview was set to last 60 minutes, and we took most of that time. The recruiter had various background and technical questions with programming languages they used, but mostly with C. They described some about the company and the campus, as well as the atmosphere of the work environment. They were happy to answer any questions I had about the position. Overall, speaking to the recruiter was very pleasant. After closing, they said they would give me a response within the week and wished me luck, but I didn't hear back.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between heap and stack memory?   Answer Question
    • What experience have you had with software development and testing?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Garmin (Salem, OR) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone screen within 2 weeks of applying online, in-person interview within 3 weeks of phone screen, offer within 1 week of interview. HR is very well organized and pleasant to work with. Met with management team and other leaders to get a good feel for the culture and people fit.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral, understand requirements and translate to logic in code.   Answer Question