Garmin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Garmin (Salem, OR) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone screen within 2 weeks of applying online, in-person interview within 3 weeks of phone screen, offer within 1 week of interview. HR is very well organized and pleasant to work with. Met with management team and other leaders to get a good feel for the culture and people fit.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral, understand requirements and translate to logic in code.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Garmin.

Interview

Initial Phone Interview with HR mostly behavioral questions, with some technical questions.
    On-Site Interview with Manager, and then some members of the team. The technical questions mostly derived from the previous projects I have worked on and what basic skills I had.

Interview Questions

• Previous Projects, Coursework, Attempting to meet a deadline on a project, Reacting to feedback   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Digital Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Garmin (Lenexa, KS) in October 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via email about a week or two after I applied. There was a phone interview with a recruiter, then we set up an on-site interview about a week later. I was told that they usually only do one on-site interview before deciding on a candidate.

I felt the interview went very well, but I got a rejection letter several days later with a vague explanation that wasn't useful. I followed up with a thank you email requesting additional feedback, but heard nothing.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to design size variations for a digital banner?   1 Answer

Cartography Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS) in October 2016.

Interview

The process took 4 weeks, and you have to wait for quiet a long time to receive the response, I would definitely accept this offer if Garmin can process their work faster because as a job seeker you really want the offer come to you as quickly as possible, but the HR are nice and questions were easy. Basic knowledge and general questions. If you do your homework you should be able to answer.

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Garmin (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

First, when working on a time to schedule the interview, the HR coordinator only gave me one time slot. I could not make that one time, as I was working and had other client conflicts. I then gave them very wide ranges of times when I was available - again, they offered one time slot that was not within my availability. When we finally decided on a time, I arrived and waited about ten minutes after my scheduled time for the HR team to greet me. We chatted for about ten minutes and then she assured me the other members would be along in the next five minutes or so. Forty-five minutes later, one of the two members showed up, asked me very few questions and then walked me out. I felt as if they had already chosen a candidate; which would have been fine, but I took a half day off of work to accommodate the interview. It was all very disrespectful of a candidate's time. Didn't love this process at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a campaign you managed.
      Asked about overall experience.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Garmin (Chandler, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Got an email from an HR coordinator to schedule an 30 min interview with senior HR person. HR person went over resume, asked a few additional questions, and promised to forward resume to hiring managers. Was contacted for an onsite interview the next day. The onsite interview was with a panel of several interested hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Write an ascii to int converter function on a white board.   1 Answer
    • Why are you leaving your current job?
      Why do you want to work for Garmin?
      What do you make now? What do you want to make at Garmin?
      What do you know about Garmin?
      Answer Question
    • What are the basic OOP concepts?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Garmin (Manhattan, KS) in September 2016.

Interview

One in person interview, one phone interview. Process took a couple months, not too bad. It helps to have design experience, they like if you can talk about one of your previous projects and explain it in great depth.

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Garmin in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, three months later received e-mail to schedule a phone interview. Walked through my resume with me and asked a few technical questions. Had interviewed other students from my college and discussed some of the same projects I worked on.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between Overriding a function and Overloading a function.   1 Answer

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Garmin.

Interview

Met at university job fair. Had a phone interview that discussed past experience and interests. Also discussed what I expected in a job. Was flown out for onsite interview several weeks later. Was given a tour and was interviewed by a panel of 3. I was asked to describe past projects I had worked on and then quizzed on some circuit problems.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to solve some basic circuit analysis and digital logic questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online to an opening on company website. Received a phone call from HR about a week later, wanting to do a behavioral interview. Behavioral interview was over the phone, and contained several generic questions about my background and why I want to work for Garmin. At the end of the behavioral interview there were a few basic technical questions, mostly conceptual stuff. The following day, HR called me again to set up another phone interview, this time technical. The interview was with an Engineering team manager. He gave me a rundown of his background and what he does, then asked me about my projects, resume, education for a little while. Then he asked me a simple coding question and some follow-up questions about that. Finally, I was able to ask him some questions and that was that. The technical interview went well, I thought, and I expected to hear back for a third, in-person interview. I had gotten all the technical questions right and hadn't said anything too strange or out of place with the behavioral questions. However, I received an email a week or so later saying that I wouldn't get a third interview. No other explanation was given, which was pretty frustrating.