Garmin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Garmin Interview Questions

Updated Jan 13, 2018

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS) in January 2017.

Interview

First was a short phone interview asking some basic questions about my background, resume items, and personality questions. Had a Skype interview (since I'm not located near their headquarters) a few weeks later with a few team leaders within Garmin. They asked more specifically about resume items, basic programming questions, and gave me a code exercise. For the exercise, they gave me a function (in C) and asked me to walk through the code and determine its purpose and a few potential flaws with the code. I was expecting an in-person interview as well, but to my surprise they called with an offer a few days after the Skype interview.

Interview Questions

• What would a former supervisor or teacher say are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What is a strength and weakness of yours as each a team member and a team leader?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Garmin in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewing process was pretty good! I first had a phone screen with an HR representative that was mostly just looking over my resume and answering very basic technical questions (what's a pointer?). I got invited to do a hour-and-a-half long Skype interview with the hiring manager, where the interview was half behavioral and half technical. The interviews were great, and HR was very timely during the whole process.

Aviation Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Garmin (Columbus, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Had a screening phone interview first. If team lead is interested in my background then there will be a Skype interview or possibly another phone interview. They said it would take at least a week before I know about if I get an additional interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my technical background, why I chose my major, and why I'm interested in the position.   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS).

Interview

First Got the initial screening, they asked some simple background and behavioral question. Talked about why I left my previous offices. They then talked about how the process will go from there. After some time, I got mail that I would have technical skype interview with two of their Software engineers. On skype, though only one showed up, I was fine with it, easier. the technical interview was easy, basic technical questions. Since it had been a long time since I actually coded I couldn't answer some questions. But it was fine, the interviewer was a cool guy, smiled, made me feel comfortable and provided me the answers when I was wrong or missed something. All the question were derived from the CV I sent them. It was a good experience and interview. It was mostly my fault that I didn't get an offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Garmin (Salem, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for an open position in Software Engineering after attending a career fair at the university I graduated from. About a month later I was called to set up a phone interview. The process in setting it up was very smooth. The interview was set to last 60 minutes, and we took most of that time. The recruiter had various background and technical questions with programming languages they used, but mostly with C. They described some about the company and the campus, as well as the atmosphere of the work environment. They were happy to answer any questions I had about the position. Overall, speaking to the recruiter was very pleasant. After closing, they said they would give me a response within the week and wished me luck, but I didn't hear back.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between heap and stack memory?   Answer Question
    • What experience have you had with software development and testing?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Garmin in December 2016.

Interview

1) 30 minute phone screen. Recruiter asked me questions about my resume, followed by a few very simple questions about programming in C/C++.

2) 1 hour Skype interview with 2 engineers. Talked about general software engineering principles and my resume. Asked a few simple questions (find the number of bits set to 1 in an int, determine what a piece of code was doing - it was storing a count of each alphabet character in a string).

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Garmin in December 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview asking personality questions and a few broad technical questions.
    This was followed by an in-person interview with two interviewers. This was mostly technical with questions involving algorithm complexities and writing code to problems in your code of choice.

Interview Questions

• Fix the bug in this code? (Then handed a sheet with a short C++ function on it)   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Garmin (Salem, OR) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone screen within 2 weeks of applying online, in-person interview within 3 weeks of phone screen, offer within 1 week of interview. HR is very well organized and pleasant to work with. Met with management team and other leaders to get a good feel for the culture and people fit.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral, understand requirements and translate to logic in code.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Garmin.

Interview

Initial Phone Interview with HR mostly behavioral questions, with some technical questions.
    On-Site Interview with Manager, and then some members of the team. The technical questions mostly derived from the previous projects I have worked on and what basic skills I had.

Interview Questions

• Previous Projects, Coursework, Attempting to meet a deadline on a project, Reacting to feedback   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Digital Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Garmin (Lenexa, KS) in October 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via email about a week or two after I applied. There was a phone interview with a recruiter, then we set up an on-site interview about a week later. I was told that they usually only do one on-site interview before deciding on a candidate.

I felt the interview went very well, but I got a rejection letter several days later with a vague explanation that wasn't useful. I followed up with a thank you email requesting additional feedback, but heard nothing.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to design size variations for a digital banner?   1 Answer