Garmin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Garmin Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Garmin (Kansas City, MO) in December 2015.

Interview

Standard application process: online application, then phone screening by HR followed by technical interview by team members. HR was cordial and professional. Provided clear communication about hiring process and was easy to get a hold of.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had issues with a team member and what you did to resolve them.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Garmin.

Interview

Interviewed on campus with a company recruiter. The interview was an hour long mix of behavioral and technical questions. Technical questions mainly about simple definitions about concepts like object oriented programming, memory management, and operating systems. One coding question was asked about array manipulation and the optimization of said manipulation.

Interview Questions

• What would be the most complex thing about designing an embedded system, like a fitness band?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Garmin.

Interview

Consisted of a technical and behavioral interview. The technical part consisted of a program on a sheet of paper. You had to identify what the program was doing, where the bug is at, and how to optimize the program.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Garmin (Kansas City, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

I held an hour phone interview about general behavioral questions. Very simple questions. The tech interview was roughly 45 minutes. It was held over skype and asked general questions such as what static is, what is the different between a public, protected, and private function, etc. They may ask different situations you've had to code HTML, Java, or CSS, etc. There were two developers on Skype asking me questions. They were extremely friendly and if I needed help they gave examples.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between Java and JavaScript?   1 Answer

I didn't decline or get an offer yet, I'm waiting to hear back from them.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Garmin in October 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was awesome. The recruiter was very nice and was very helpful and forthcoming. Benefits package was sent before the second interview. Recruitment was very quick to respond to questions.

Interview Questions

• what kind of management experience have you had?   1 Answer
    • how soon would you able to start.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rapid City, SD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Garmin (Rapid City, SD) in October 2015.

Interview

Came to the school and gave me an interview. The questions were super simple and it was mainly catching some simple errors in a for statement, asking what the programs overall goal was and what was a way to do the for loop as a while loop (all of this was in a dumb down java). Overall super simple question that anyone with a basic coding background could solve.

Interview Questions

• How do you change a for loop to a while loop?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Garmin.

Interview

Talked at a career fair, set up interview next day. Lasted an hour with some general talk about resume then the rest was technical with questions about theory and a small programming test. This test asked about errors in code and ways to make the code more efficient. The interviewers were software engineers, so they knew what they were talking about and expected you to as well.

SEO Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS) in October 2015.

Interview

Very weird. I've interviewed at a variety of tech companies and so situational, behavioral and experience related questions are the norm. I've interviewed at Garmin twice and I think they need to train the managers on how to interview candidates. Strange experience and makes me concerned for the future of the company if they don't do any kind of experiential questioning during the interview and seemingly make decisions based on gut or whether they like the interviewee. Then no communication from the recruiter or HR department at all after the interview despite being told they would let me know in a couple of days, very unprofessional and seems uncoordinated.

Aviation Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS) in October 2015.

Interview

2 rounds of HR phone interview/screenings followed by a technical phone interview and then a all day interview in person. I had a fantastic HR screen, as they were able to narrow my 10 job applications down to those that fit my skills and wants by asking good questions.
    In person interview is set for 6 hours long, and gets repetitive as I interviewed with 6 groups. I felt like I answered the same questions over and over instead of giving 1 better example of skills to the direct manager.

Garmin did pay for hotel, gas and food for the interview.

Interview Questions

• asked to talk about python language, and identify some logic gate circuits. It was stuff I should have known, but hadn't dealt with in too long to remember, and I didn't recover well.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Talked to recruiters at a career fair. Had two on Campus Interviews the next day: One Technical, One HR. Very relaxed. Got phone call with Offer a couple weeks later.