Garmin Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.8

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS).

Interview

2 initial phone interviews followed by 2 meetings in Olathe.
    Interviewing team was very thorough, asking many relevant questions about previous experience. On site interview included a product presentation, given a few days prior to the interview. Follow up questions on more in depth pertaining to the overall industry knowledge and position requirements. HR and Aviation team were present. Very open discussion. Post interview follow up took some time, but overall experience was very positive.

Aviation Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS).

Interview

After about three weeks after I applied Garmin recruiter contacted me regarding a phone interview. The phone interview was very relaxed and was purely to expound on your resume. No real interview questions. The phone interview is simply about making sure you are courteous and professional over the phone.

Interview Questions

• How did you learn about Garmin and What do you know about Garmin.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS) in March 2017.

Interview

First got a phone interview regarding behavioral skills. After that it was a technical interview. Asked about C++ an different concepts known in C++ programming. Also asked about personal coding projects and experience.

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the Garmin site. About a month later I got a call from their HR recruiter and scheduled an interview for the next day, The interview was with the Technical Recruiter and the supervisor/manager of the department with the opening. They were friendly and showed genuine interest in me as an applicant...making me feel comfortable in answering their questions about my skills and work experience. Probably the best interview I ever experienced...whether I get the job or not.

Interview Questions

• What didn't I like about my current job...where I employ skills they are looking for.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Garmin (Kansas City, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

For the most part it was just about my history and then a brief technical interview. Two interviewers and myself, one software engineer and one not. Much more focus on past projects than on anything else. Technical questions were typical CSC-150 type questions you see in any technical interview. Overall, pleasant interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a past project and any difficulties you had with it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS) in January 2017.

Interview

First was a short phone interview asking some basic questions about my background, resume items, and personality questions. Had a Skype interview (since I'm not located near their headquarters) a few weeks later with a few team leaders within Garmin. They asked more specifically about resume items, basic programming questions, and gave me a code exercise. For the exercise, they gave me a function (in C) and asked me to walk through the code and determine its purpose and a few potential flaws with the code. I was expecting an in-person interview as well, but to my surprise they called with an offer a few days after the Skype interview.

Interview Questions

• What would a former supervisor or teacher say are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What is a strength and weakness of yours as each a team member and a team leader?   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS).

Interview

First Got the initial screening, they asked some simple background and behavioral question. Talked about why I left my previous offices. They then talked about how the process will go from there. After some time, I got mail that I would have technical skype interview with two of their Software engineers. On skype, though only one showed up, I was fine with it, easier. the technical interview was easy, basic technical questions. Since it had been a long time since I actually coded I couldn't answer some questions. But it was fine, the interviewer was a cool guy, smiled, made me feel comfortable and provided me the answers when I was wrong or missed something. All the question were derived from the CV I sent them. It was a good experience and interview. It was mostly my fault that I didn't get an offer

Digital Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Garmin (Lenexa, KS) in October 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via email about a week or two after I applied. There was a phone interview with a recruiter, then we set up an on-site interview about a week later. I was told that they usually only do one on-site interview before deciding on a candidate.

I felt the interview went very well, but I got a rejection letter several days later with a vague explanation that wasn't useful. I followed up with a thank you email requesting additional feedback, but heard nothing.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to design size variations for a digital banner?   1 Answer

Cartography Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS) in October 2016.

Interview

The process took 4 weeks, and you have to wait for quiet a long time to receive the response, I would definitely accept this offer if Garmin can process their work faster because as a job seeker you really want the offer come to you as quickly as possible, but the HR are nice and questions were easy. Basic knowledge and general questions. If you do your homework you should be able to answer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online to an opening on company website. Received a phone call from HR about a week later, wanting to do a behavioral interview. Behavioral interview was over the phone, and contained several generic questions about my background and why I want to work for Garmin. At the end of the behavioral interview there were a few basic technical questions, mostly conceptual stuff. The following day, HR called me again to set up another phone interview, this time technical. The interview was with an Engineering team manager. He gave me a rundown of his background and what he does, then asked me about my projects, resume, education for a little while. Then he asked me a simple coding question and some follow-up questions about that. Finally, I was able to ask him some questions and that was that. The technical interview went well, I thought, and I expected to hear back for a third, in-person interview. I had gotten all the technical questions right and hadn't said anything too strange or out of place with the behavioral questions. However, I received an email a week or so later saying that I wouldn't get a third interview. No other explanation was given, which was pretty frustrating.