Gartner Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 7, 2017

3.5

75 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Holy moley, do you have five weeks-3 months to interview? 5-6 interviews total 3 of which are totally unnecessary. If you have to go in for an "Invitational Day," good luck. Everything you do is watched. You get picked off like cattle and are asked to leave on a whim. Sometimes there are legitimate reasons and sometimes you're just sitting with the wrong group.

Interview Questions

• typical behavioral questions and "tell me about a time when"

role play for two interviews   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for the Account Executive SMB role in Fort Myers. Four total interviews, the first two being over the phone, the third was a video interview, and the fourth an on-site interview at Gartner's Fort Myers location.

Everyone I worked with throughout the process was excellent, which goes to show what kind of company Gartner is. The biggest takeaway I had was how much they care about their employees, and that showed through the hiring process - even though I was ultimately not given an offer, I still felt highly valued even after the interview process was over.

Like other reviews posted on Glassdoor for this role, I would recommend being very curious throughout each stage of the interview. Ask a lot of questions about the role and Gartner - this is to help both you and Gartner make sure you're a good fit for each other. Asking questions and finding out info is also pivotal in later interviews, when you do a mock sales call/role play and whiteboard presentation.

While you don't have to love IT to be seriously considered, you do need to have passion for sales. Make sure your drive for sales shines through as you move through the process!

Interview Questions

• -Why did you chose to work in Sales?
      -What drives you / what gets you out of bed in the morning?
      -Tell me about a time you were measured against a metric and how you performed.
      -Tell me about a time you worked to close a sales but came up short - what did you learn from that experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (New York, NY).

Interview

I was refered by an employee. A recruiter emailed me 2 weeks later to ask to set up a phone interview. The interview lasted for baout 30 minutes where I was asked about my resume and a few behavioral questions. Was given feedback at the end and told I would hear back by the end of the week.

Three weeks have passed and I have heard nothing even after sending a follow up email.

Interview Questions

• Why Gartner?
      What do you know about Gartner?
      Why did you get certain leadership positions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Very task oriented. There are a lot of reviews on here that say the interview was "very hard", but as long as you have a winning personality or some sort drive to be successful you should be good. Prepare for it because the people at the interview who didn't prepare, didn't get the job. There were a lot of people who got hired without any sales experience so just prove to them how bad you want the job and how hard you are willing to work for it. Don't over prepare for the role play because it will screw you. Don't be overly aggressive in the team exercise. They are trying to see how well you work in a group, but don't sit back and let everyone else prove their points over yours.

Interview Questions

• Why Gartner? (Don't come up with a generic answer to this. I think they ask this as a personality trait question. They want to see your quirks and why you are different from everyone else.)   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Contacted by someone I would consider an initial screener. He was polite and very organized with what to expect during our call as well as next steps. Followed through exactly as laid out. The next step was talking to a recruiter. This is where my experience wasn't as great. Was asking a lot of questions but didn't really seem to be listening. Very aggressive about 'proving' my current compensation. Also noted I would be moving to the next stage in the process, told me from who and when I could expect the follow up and then nothing. I followed up once the agreed upon date passed and was then told oh we really didn't have an opening in my area. Unprofessional in my opinion...if you're just gathering resumes for future opps, be upfront about that.

Interview Questions

• How do you develop relationships with executive contacts?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

2 phone screens with a recruiter, next round were two separate 1:1 face to face interviews with someone that would be my direct manager, then a panel face to face interview with the person that was going to be my manager, his boss, and the recruiter. Very intense interviews all around. Must be able to think on your toes.

Interview Questions

• -How are you different from other candidates? What will you bring to the table?
      -What's one piece of feedback you've been given to work on recently?
      -Why are you looking to leave your current role?
      -How do you feel about constructive criticism?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Process was very thorough and involved with 7 to 8 interviews over the course of about 4.5 weeks. After following up each time after the interview with a thank you type email, the hiring manager did not reply to a single email. Therefore, I did not feel it was a good fit as my manager should be responsive to attract someone who is a top performer at another Fortune 500 firm.

Interview Questions

• Draw yourself on a white board to describe yourself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gartner (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Recruiters call you for an initial screening. Basic questions looking for key traits, self starter, hungry, process orientated and the infamous what do you know about gartner and why do you believe you are prepared for a role like this. There are lots of managers that were top sales people, classic Peter principle.

Interview Questions

• Describe your selling style   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Called by a recruiter, screening calls, in person interview at their office, spoke with the executive. I was told everything was going well and that I received great feedback from the managers, if anything they were concerned that I was overqualified, etc. I was expecting a call to set up the final steps and the recruiter called to say the position was filled. Just a total waste of my time. If the recruiter hasn't told you, understand that they bring in many people for each of these AE jobs and they hire seemingly whoever completes the process first... and have other candidates moving through the process behind them just in case the first person falls through, doesn't accept the offer, accepts and renegs, etc. I was called a month later about another position and two months later about another position... so they must have really high turn over of AEs.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Initial phone screening, followed by 2-3 other phone interviews. Final stage is an in-person interview at the Fort Myers office. In the final stage you will have a 1-on-1 guided tour of the facility with a current Account Executive, this is your chance to ask questions about the upcoming interview. After that you have a panel interview and finally a sales role play.

Interview Questions

• Please whiteboard some of how Gartner helps these two client segments.   2 Answers