Gartner Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gartner Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Gartner

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

It was a very hard interview process with a lot of different exercises and questions. There was an incredible amount of coaching and feedback during the entire process. You can tell they know exactly what they are looking for talent wise.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Irving, TX) in November 2018.

Interview

I was reached out to several times by a recruiter and decided to take an interview. Two phone interviews with different recruiters were fine but it was a lot of basic, personality questions and very repetitive. I then was asked to meet virtually with someone to access my personality/behavior more. I also had to role play. I was not asked to the next interview round and when I reached out to the recruiter for feedback to help me improve, I was ignored.

Interview Questions

• Basic personality and behavior questions. A lot about quota   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

The on-site discovery they half is in my opinion terrible way to conduct an interview. It is normal interviews up to that point, but the on-site is so old fashioned it left a bad taste in my mouth on the company in general and left me no longer interested in working there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

I spoke to several good recruiters during this interview process (a total of six to be exact). I had some great conversations but if they find any little thing about your experience that’s not a perfect match to the job description, they’ll move on to the next candidate. It’s their right to be picky of course but just want to give other candidates a heads up of what to expect. I literally had to have the conversation with six different recruiters for various positions with 10 days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in January 2018.

Interview

The process is very long and will take a few weeks. Each interview is with a different person and the questions are very repetitive. The last round is a day where they fly you down and you interview for 8 hours doing different interactive interviews. The nice thing is there will be 30+ people with you interviewing for the job, but they are willing to offer everyone a position if they perform well.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you saw success on the first try   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gartner in February 2018.

Interview

I had two phone interviews. The first just asked basic questions, the second got more detailed. I thought I did well, but was told a few days after, that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about sales history and background.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner in December 2017.

Interview

At first, everything seemed professional. I made it all the way to a presentation where I was given positive feedback but was called by the recruiter a few days later to tell me they would not be extending an offer. I was told they were “so impressed” the recruiter would pass my info along for another position. As I read some of the reviews, it looks like this is another one of their covers. My take on this company is they behave in ways that are not particularly professional and attempt to cover it up by lying to applicants. Plus, their pay is fairly low. Do yourself a favor and keep searching. I can only imagine what life might be like once hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were more successful than your colleagues?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview process was incredibly drawn out and lasted in total 6 weeks. I went through with the process due to the positive reviews I've read on Gartner but be prepared to spend some time with this company. Interview included four steps, one with HR, a phone interview, an in person interview and then a panel interview. All of the interview steps were straightforward aside for the panel interview which is basically a crapshoot and can be taken in any direction. If you are interviewing with this company I would ask a lot of questions and be very clear about what the hiring managers are looking for in the final step.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about your sales process and philosophy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

I initially met with a recruiter on campus. Following, I had 2 phone interviews, 1 skype interview with a role play, and finally 1 onsite interview which included a group interview, panel interview, role play, and white boarding.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions, group style interview, long role play, and white boarding Gartner knowledge   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

4 Step interview process with the first step being in an informal talk to gauge your interest. Second meeting involves interview questions, third is a webcam interview involving a sales roleplay. Last meeting is a fly out to their headquarters.

Interview Questions

• If you were on a boat with 5 other people and each of those people were a famous tech person. The boat sinks and only one person can live. Who and Why?   Answer Question
    • Why Sales?   1 Answer