Gartner Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gartner Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Gartner

3.6

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Long, Tiring, but well worth it. About 2-3 weeks of interviews over the phone, video conferencing and face to face. They will fly you down to the office and this is an all day event from 7-5. You go through a series of different activities.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner in October 2017.

Interview

Gartner reached out to me for this position. I had an initial phone screening with a recruiting company, then a phone screening with a Gartner recruiter and then a video interview with a higher-level Gartner recruiter (5-minute role-play involved in this interview). I was supposed to move on to a phone call with a current Account Manager and a video interview (15-minute role-play involved in this interview) with the Gartner recruiter and Regional VP but I declined and did not move forward with the process. If I would have passed that last step, they would have offered me the job.

More Information...
    1. I decided not to move forward because for one, they want you to accept the position without ever flying you out for an in-person interview to meet Gartner employees and to see the Fort Myers area.
    2. The recruiter kept preparing me for the next interview in a way that felt like hand-holding. He pretty much told me what was going to happen, what to say (especially for the longer role-play), what the interviewers wanted to see, etc. They are big on coachability so I understand that to some extent, but it was very strange for me. I want to be hired based on who I am and what I bring to the table naturally, not on who I am after I've been groomed and told exactly what to say like a robot. Think that reflects the lack of autonomy in the position as well. The whole process felt a bit subordinating.
    3. I also didn't see much mobility besides moving higher and higher in sales, which is not what I wanted. They called it a "launchpad" position but it was only going to launch you higher in sales if you were at it, not into other areas of the company.
    4. They wanted me to relocate to Fort Myers in two weeks because they had a "class" starting soon. They do offer a nice relocation compensation package but that is a really fast move especially without being able to visit the area beforehand.
    5. They're super big on the "winner's circle" where you can go on all-expense paid trips if you make it to "winner's circle." I feel like that reflects the vibe of the company--attending first grade or something.

It was just strange and my instincts were saying that it was not the place for me. Many employees who work there seem to love it though.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Four rounds total. First round of interview was a phone call to get to know one another and see if a good fit from the start. Briefly touch base on previous experience but really talk about Gartner. Second round was a longer phone call to go more in depth about previous positions and the experiences gained from it that can translate into job accomplishment. Did not make it to round three but was told it was a video call.

Interview Questions

• Typical STAR based questions (such as set a goal, received criticism, etc) so prepare your answers!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Irving, TX).

Interview

I’ve had VERY bad experiences with Gartner interview processes, specifically the recruiters. One particular recruiter reached out to me requesting a call and then he NEVER SHOWED up!! That was back in August, I was annoyed but forgot about it until recently in January when he reached out to me again requesting a call. Silly me for not recognizing his name but yet again we scheduled a call and he NEVER SHOWED UP again! Even when I followed up with him he didn’t respond. The blatant disrespect is shocking to me.

I then got paired up with a different recruiter (I have a friend who works for Gartner and put my name in for a recommendation). She actually showed up to the initial call, but she didn’t send me some information I needed for my next interview and never confirmed it. Small stuff, I understand people forget things, but when I followed up the morning that I THOUGHT my interview was she never responded. She didn’t even respond until a day after the interview, which i personally found very rude.

I think Gartner has a lot of potential from my perspective but this has been a nightmare just trying to get their recruiters to treat me civilly and it’s put a very bad taste in my mouth about the company.39 much so, I no longer am interested in working there.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to sell a client on something or they were looking to you for advice.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gartner in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process was ok.

They asked basic phone screening questions and talked about the company. Overall I don't believe I had a great experience with them. The recruiter came off very snobbish and nosey. They asked questions that were in no way relevant to their company or the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What other companies are you currently interviewing for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process is somewhat the same to any other company out there. After you first apply to the job you'll have a campus recruiter reach out to you to set up a quick informational talk about the job you applied for. Next you'll be connected to national recruiter for the company to have a phone screening interview. If that goes well, you'll be asked to take place in a Skype interview with another recruiter for a mock sales call interview that last about 1 hour. If you killed the interview you'll be invited to an invitational day which is the final step in their interview process where you'll interview at their office in Fort Myers, FL (don't worry they pay for the whole thing). The invitational day is filled with a full day of group activities (with the other 30+ candidates), individual interviews, impromptu presentations and mock sales calls. After all of this, they'll tell you right then and there at the invitational day if they're extending you an offer or not. This is a long interview process but everyone at Gartner that I talked to were very friendly and helped me get to the next round of the their process. Good luck to all that apply, I'm sure you'll love every step of the interview process like I did.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview process took about a month total. The first step is a phone call with a recruiter, and once they get to know your background and experience, they then pass you onto a head recruiter. This next step is a little bit more intense. A lot of behavior based questions are asked, where they look for STAR answers. If you pass that one you are moved on to a video call that consists of a series of interview questions and a five minute sales role play call. If you make a really good impression on the third, you will be invited down to Fort Myers, all expenses paid, and you will spend about three hours doing a series of interview questions, a white board presentation, and a 15 minute role play with a VP. Your recruiter will then be in touch with you after 24-48 hours and let you know if you have the job or not.

Interview Questions

• talk about a situation where you were rejected and how you handled it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in May 2018.

Interview

About a month ago I eas contacted by a recruiter for Gartner and was quickly drawn in by the appeal of The company. 4 phone interview/video calls and about a month later, I finally made it to the final step! They flew me down from the East Coast where I endured an intense 3 hour interview. I received decent enough feedback, to leave with some hope. I had formed somewhat of a relationship with the head recruiter, given we had a month to get to know each other. After the interview, she walked me out and said she would be in touch with me by the following Wednesday (it was a Friday). Well, Wednesday comes and goes and no word. After sending two emails, I finally get a very vague voicemail from the recruiter. I call back not even 10 minutes later and then do not hear back for another few days with another cryptic voicemail. This cycle continued on and off for several weeks until she disappeared all together. She put little to no effort in actually connecting, so I eventually gave up. Not getting the job is not what is a part of life, but the way this was handled is unacceptable. After putting my current job on the back burner and taking multiple days off in process, the least I deserved was a quick call or email. The level of unprofessionalism and lack of respect demonstrated by these employees is appalling and says something about the company as a whole.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gartner (Durham, NC) in January 2018.

Interview

All phone interviews. All behavioral questions. The interviewer didn't seem to personal. The overall interview process is four stages. It starts with two phone interviews and then a video interview and then the last stage is an in person interview at their headquarters. Long process

Interview Questions

• What was a time that I set a goal for myself and failed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gartner (Gainesville, FL) in February 2018.

Interview

I had an introduction phone call that was about the position I was applying for and my experience. The phone call was used to get a handle on my communication skills. They then moved onto a phone interview and I thought it went very well. The phone interview lasted an hour and left time for questions. I was then told that I would hear back in 3 days and it seemed very promising. I then did not hear anything back after 5 days and I decided to email the person I had my phone interview with. Before our interview they were very responsive and responded quickly to emails. However, I never received any call or email back just letting me know that they would not be moving forward. I felt very disrespected because all they needed to do was show human compassion and let me know they were not moving forward.