Gartner Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 3, 2017

3.7

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Recruiter reached out via linked in to schedule phone interview and never called. I sent her a follow up message about missing interview and no response back. Unprofessional and waste of time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gartner in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, great call, said I was going to the next interview, no response, and then not a e-mail a few days later saying I was not being considered. What a WASTE of time, collecting resumes, I am truly okay with that if you know that up front, and almost like a bait and switch...good news is that if that is the way they treat one in the beginning how do you think the "culture" would be if you worked for them, and made my decision to work for the competition that much easier; which at the end of the day very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Standard STAR questions...tell me about a time...
      ...tell me about a time you wasted your time with a resume collection process....just saying.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gartner (Naples, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Four tier interview process
    1. Feeler interview with even Q&A on both sides
    2. In depth interview over the phone
    3. Longer interview with sample role play
    4. They fly you down for an 8 hour extensive interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you received constructive criticism and how did you respond   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you set a goal and then reached it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gartner (Tallahassee, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

1st interview was a phone screening with a campus recruiter...very personal and friendly. They ask about your past experiences, any challenges, times you've failed, etc.
    2nd round interview was another phone interview with the same campus recruiter, they just touched base and asked me what i know about Gartner and what to expect with any future interviews with executives.
    3rd round interview was an interview panel with two area managers.
    Both of mine were super friendly, helpful, and gave great feedback.
    Make sure you ask really great questions

Interview Questions

• 1. When have you taken on the leadership role in a group project?
      2.When have you had to influence others that may not agree with you?
      3.When have you received feedback and how did you implement that feedback?
      4. What do you know about Gartner?
      5. Why do you want to work at Gartner? What can you achieve?
      6. What are your goals? Be specific
      7. ROLEPLAY. They want to see if you have sales instincts. Keep the conversation flowing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Long and extensive. I started off with an in person interview then moved on to a phone interview. After I passed the phone interview I was given a role play for the next interview. If you pass the role play they invite you to their invitational day in Fort Myers for a full day interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle the situation when someone tell you no?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner in June 2016.

Interview

You will do a lot of phone interviews from one recruiter to the next and from there each individual you speak to will be the one who gives the green light to continue in the process.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Wonderful experience. There were three rounds of interviews, and the corporate recruiter was a great help! The first round was with a recruiter. This interview was to get a feel on if I was a good cultural fit for Gartner. The second interview was with the regional manager, and we talked a lot about work ethic and character traits related to winning. The third interview was with a sales manager.…

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process was quick and relatively painless. After a few phone calls they flew me out for what is called an invitational day. I'm currently writing this so I can look at salaries. Don't read too much into my review. I'm going to come back and edit it though.

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

Panel interview with Current Directors. Based on generic case study with available research on the web I was able to create a mock profile and build a conversation from that. Selling to CTO, CMO and CEO, overall not a difficult process if you have acumen.

Interview Questions

• What are the Companies Mission Critical Priorities   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by Gartner recruiter, most likely a 3rd party, based on my LinkedIn account. Scheduled phone interview only to be cancelled 2 min. before the call via an email. Recruiter asked to reschedule which I agreed with possible options. Never received a response back. That was three months ago. Gartner is expanding by leaps and bounds and just looking to fill in the gaps. Use caution.