Gartner Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gartner Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2016

3.8

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gartner (Tallahassee, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

1st interview was a phone screening with a campus recruiter...very personal and friendly. They ask about your past experiences, any challenges, times you've failed, etc.
2nd round interview was another phone interview with the same campus recruiter, they just touched base and asked me what i know about Gartner and what to expect with any future interviews with executives.
3rd round interview was an interview panel with two area managers.
Both of mine were super friendly, helpful, and gave great feedback.
Make sure you ask really great questions

Interview Questions

• 1. When have you taken on the leadership role in a group project?
    2.When have you had to influence others that may not agree with you?
    3.When have you received feedback and how did you implement that feedback?
    4. What do you know about Gartner?
    5. Why do you want to work at Gartner? What can you achieve?
    6. What are your goals? Be specific
    7. ROLEPLAY. They want to see if you have sales instincts. Keep the conversation flowing.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Long and extensive. I started off with an in person interview then moved on to a phone interview. After I passed the phone interview I was given a role play for the next interview. If you pass the role play they invite you to their invitational day in Fort Myers for a full day interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle the situation when someone tell you no?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner in June 2016.

Interview

You will do a lot of phone interviews from one recruiter to the next and from there each individual you speak to will be the one who gives the green light to continue in the process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe you will be successful at this Job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process was quick and relatively painless. After a few phone calls they flew me out for what is called an invitational day. I'm currently writing this so I can look at salaries. Don't read too much into my review. I'm going to come back and edit it though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by Gartner recruiter, most likely a 3rd party, based on my LinkedIn account. Scheduled phone interview only to be cancelled 2 min. before the call via an email. Recruiter asked to reschedule which I agreed with possible options. Never received a response back. That was three months ago. Gartner is expanding by leaps and bounds and just looking to fill in the gaps. Use caution.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

Interview process is all over the phone until the last one. Because they are all over an hour long phone interviews at time it can feel awkward. They are pretty intense and the last interview is very stringent. The manager that interviewed me was very rigid and was hard to read.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT) in September 2013.

Interview

Submitted a resume via the Gartner website on a Friday evening. Received a callback from the recruiter on Monday. She asked about my skills, how I heard about Gartner, why I wanted to work here. She told me a little bit about Gartner employee benefits and the salary they wanted to pay. My skills/resume was such a close match with the job description and I was very excited to be called. The HR recruiter was a delight. Very charming and put me at ease immediately. Great person to speak with and she represented Gartner in a very professional manner.

It took only a few days to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. Right at the beginning of the phone interview, even before I could open my mouth to say anything, I could tell the hiring manager was just 'not that into me'.

After a few opening remarks, I was told that the job description had changed and they were really looking for something different. The manager played it off as though this happens all the time and it was no big deal. I tried to ask for specifics on what they were looking for but got very vague answers. This was one of those interviews where they were going through the motions. I had the distinct impression they were already set on hiring someone else.

I found it very rude that during a brief 30 minute interview the hiring manager was messaging someone online. I realize that this is one of the tell-tale signs they are not interested, however I still found it rude.

After the 30 minute interview was over, I was grateful to be off the phone. I was not impressed. This manager was not someone I would have liked to work for.

I am grateful for the opportunity for the interview because one can always learn something by the process. However, it really left a bad taste in my mouth for the company.

A few days later I received a very nice, polite and professional email from HR, explaining that the position was filled. I appreciated the email letting me know the status.
    It also confirmed what I already sensed during the interview -- Someone else was already selected and they were probably waiting for acceptance of the offer around the same time that I had my interview.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult thing was not a question but a statement.....The job description has changed. The job listing is old and doesn't apply anymore.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Several phone interviews lead up to an on-site panel review with PowerPoint presentation and mock sales-call. The company is looking for people who ask tons of questions! Just keep them coming during the sales call and get down to specifics. They will give feedback (i.e. criticize you) each step of the way. Hiring Managers want to see how you handle critique and whether you can put what they tell you into practice. I was told that I don't handle criticism well enough so an offer couldn't be made. I disagree with the assessment but couldn't argue the point because that would show by default how I don't handle criticism well. I was between a rock and a hard place I suppose. Anyway, the 4-5 step hiring process will prepare you for every other company's interview routine. Be sure to "sell yourself" the whole way.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?

PowerPoint panel presentation.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

I did not get the job, but it was a great experience for me to apply for new companies, the hiring process is long and very complex, but it helps you preparing to expect the unexpected. People are very nice and give you good feed back to prepare for future interviews. God luck

Interview Questions

• all were expected, I read reviews from people that had the interview before me, and it was almost the sa,e questions.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner in April 2013.

Interview

4 step process, 3 phone interviews then an in person panel interview. The third is the hardest and be prepared to go through a role play. When you get to the final interview they introduce you to some people around the office and you get a chance to speak with someone who is currently in the position you're applying for. Make sure you ask good questions.

Interview Questions

• They expect you to have really good questions and to be able to apply the feedback you've been given,   Answer Question