Gartner Account Manager SMB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 5, 2018

3.7

69 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Manager SMB Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, had an hour phone interview with her. Then had another phone interview where the guy had NO personality and was actually rather difficult to talk to. I would respond to questions and he would not even respond to it and would immediately ask the next question as if he did not have time or was not interested in me. Not only did that give me a bad perception of the company but I wasn’t contacted two weeks after that point where I reached out a second time asking for my status where I was told he will call me later that week. It’s now been 3 weeks and I still have not heard from them. Very unprofessional after applicants put in a lot of time and effort and they cannot even get a response back.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

1st Interview: Basic phone call to uncover your background and goals for the future.
    2nd Interview: Behavioral phone interview asking STAR questions. Make sure to have a list of good specific examples to use and elaborate on.
    3rd Interview: Behavioral Video Interview with Sales Role Play: 45 minutes Behavioral questions, elaborating on what they already asked you about in the previous call. Sales role play is 7-8 minutes with the goal of you simply uncovering the motives behind the caller. Don't sell anything, just ask really insightful questions.
    4th Interview: Very grueling interview: group activity, 1 hour panel interview, whiteboard presentation, another panel interview, presentations, and then celebration at the end for those who made it. 50% of candidates made it in my group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

First Step was a 30 min phone interview. Basic questions about your background, goals, company knowledge.

Second Step is a 60 min phone interview with the Hiring Manager. These questions are more behavioral based, answering on your prior experiences, giving examples

Third Step is a webcast with a couple VP's along with a Sales Role Play

Fourth and Final Step is flying out to Fort Myers, doing an all day training and job shadow along
     with a final roundtable interview. You leave knowing whether you received an offer or not.

Overall, I do not believe Gartner was a fit for me and I did not like their lack of professionalism. Multiple times they forgot to reach out for the next step of the interview, forgot key information on who interviewed me previously, when they sent out information, etc. Seem very unorganized and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you faced adversity and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Think of a time when you failed and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gartner (Naples, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Extremely long and grueling process. By far the most extensive interview I have ever been apart of. Started with group interview, then a 3 on 1 panel interview for one hour, then a Q&A with a couple account managers, followed by a 30 minute whiteboard session where you literally write everything about Gartner and a whiteboard in full detail. They grill you the entire time. After that its a 20 minute role play session where you have to sell a make believe company on Gartner.

Interview Questions

• Group Interview: (You enter into a conference room with about 15 Gartner employees already sitting in the room - you sit down at table with a wikipedia page in front of you - the wikipedia page is of someone successful within the IT realm ... for example I had Bill Gates) The question is "You are all on a sinking ship, only one of you may survive, you have 10 minutes, decide who survives among one another, GO!"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Extremely organized:
    Stage 1 - Get to know you call, interests, why sales, goals (take notes on the information they give you)
    Stage 2 - Role play and more get to know you... no need to prepare for role play, just veting out people who don't have the sales mentality
    Stage 3 - Ft. Myers on campus interview: Q&A with current AE (45 min to ask questions about the job, living in Ft. M , etc.), Meeting with VP & Area Manager (conversation and white board activity), Role Play (case simulation, do not prepare just ask questions)
    Stage 4 - Follow up (find out within a week)
    Everyone was professional, friendly and intelligent. They seek talent for their potential and invest heavily in each individual - 2 months of training and want to prepare each person with the toolkit to find success in their position
    Fun facts I learned: 2,000 + campus of young professionals, 20 + clubs to get involved in, 80% relocate to Ft. Myers

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe Gartner in your own words
      2. What is the role of the Account Manager   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by e-mail by a recruiter through the university's career portal and set up a "discovery call" (phone interview) and interviewed with a SMB recruiter. The interview/discovery call was very casual and more like a conversation. The recruiter I interviewed with was really nice but the questions asked were more geared towards my past internship experiences and how they could be applied to the Account Manager role. They told me they would follow up within the next 24-48 hours and I never received a call or e-mail about the following steps. I was a little put-off by the fact they couldn't even send a stock e-mail to inform me they were moving forward with other candidates, but in the end I knew it wasn't a good fit anyways.

Account Manager-SMB Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gartner (Gainesville, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

4 Rounds; 1st round was a phone screening, 2 round skype 3rd & 4th in person in fort myers, fl. Phone screening wasn't hard. Recruiter focused on getting to know you and what you know about the company.

SMB Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Did a phone interview with Gartner Fort Myers last month, it went really wel, or so I thought I was told to send over my resume and from there an on campus interview would be conducted early on during the upcoming week. -Follow up was supposed to be via email. Unfortunately I sent my resume as requested and I never heard from Gartner again.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

1. Initial phone call. To learn a little bit about you and if you fit with the company.
    2. In depth phone interview. Tell me about a time type of questions. Why sales?
    3. Sales role play on phone.
    4. invitational interview. Panel interview and team activity. Very long day but very rewarding if you get the job. A great culture and fun work environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through an employee referral program and got an email from a recruiter 24-48 hrs later. During my second phone interview I was denied the position but recommended for another one. A week later I had another phone interview with another recruiter. I got an email a few days later with the results.

Interview Questions

• What is your goal with Gartner? Where do you see yourself in the company?   Answer Question