Gartner Account Manager SMB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gartner Account Manager SMB Interview Questions

Interviews at Gartner

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Did a phone interview with Gartner Fort Myers last month, it went really wel, or so I thought I was told to send over my resume and from there an on campus interview would be conducted early on during the upcoming week. -Follow up was supposed to be via email. Unfortunately I sent my resume as requested and I never heard from Gartner again.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

SMB Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner in October 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and went through 2-3 preliminary interviews. Ultimately did not make it to final round which was a relief as this was pretty much a sales position. For the gym simulation, just pose a lot of engaging questions to the potential client. Do not try to come up with solutions or sell products -- learn about the client's needs.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had a conflict with someone you were working with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

Interviews are segmented traditionally into 3 or 4 parts. One with the recruiter, one with the hiring manager, and a final face to face panel with a manager and VP.

Interview Questions

• To tell them what Gartner does via a whiteboard session.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Long interview process with multiple parts. Group presentation, behavioral, panel interview, role play. Good experience but be prepared and ask questions. "Be curious". They were very adamant on giving feedback to candidates who did not get the position. Never received feedback which was supposed to be 48-72 hours later.... lame.

Interview Questions

• What does Gartner do? What is the role of SMB Acct Manager? Ask 3rd and 4th degree questions for role play and get as much info out of conversation as possible.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Stan reached out to me via Monster. We scheduled a conference call that lasted about almost an hour. He asked about myself, current role, what I do, why I would be willing to leave my current company, why I would be willing to relocate, why I would be willing to change industries. He explained in more dept about the role, position, what I would be doing and such. The job was for Fort Myers in FL. I am based in NYC Area with strong sales skills in Financial Planning (Dealing with high net worth individuals from Investment Banks).

After the first call with Stan, they make you go to their web site to fill out some paperwork to approve a background check and all of that.

After our first call, which was very positive, he scheduled a call with Amy (Talent Advisor). I spoke with her for an hour, I asked her alot of questions, she asked me basic questions (Similar to Stan's questions). Towards the end of the call we had a "role sales play" and to close a sale. She was the owner of a gym and needed marketing advice, intangible products. I quickly came up with what I thought was a good strategy: Marketing/advice on memberships and how it has been working for other fitness centers. I explained to her that by utilizing my services which have been proven to be efficient, we structure different types of memberships with no contract for costumers, high advertising online and around the area as well as helping her business to oversees other locations and revenue would increase with money guarantee in just two months. By doing this, her business would expand, people will come in. We would analyze the fees of gyms around her area, types of memberships as well as targeting areas around her location in order to gain market share.

After the call, she said that Stan would be in touch with me again.

He called me two weeks later, told me about how my interview went with Amy. He said that they are no longer interested because apparently my sales role did not fit their position and to possibly wait 90 days to touch base..

He said that the idea was to close a sale (Which i did with Amy) and to understand more the owner that will be requesting the product. Obviously, I am a little disappointed because my numbers at my current role in Financial Planning are very high. However, maybe this wasn't for me? Who knows.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The position required alot of calls, maybe 10 appointments a week even though their quotas are yearly. The job required alot of market research with different platforms such as LinkedIn, online, tech forums and such. They would assign you a territory to expand their business with no crossover of other employees.

They would provide training for two months, pay for the relocation (half and then reimburse the rest). The position was to work for a team of 5-8 people with 1 area manager. They value sale and transnational sales. The company itself would pay for $5000 of tuition if you wanted to go back to school per calendar year, 100% 401K Match, 5% off stock plans, they do charity events. The base salary would be about $42K with compensation packages such as bonuses and commissions. However, I was not going to take the job for $42K.

If i had made it to the next round, I believe they would of schedule a flight date to Fort Myers to interview in person.

Good experience and I hope they find the right candidate. Stan and Amy are two great individuals.

Best of luck!

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process is very in depth and can take 4-5 interviews. The initial screen call is with a recruiter and from there you can move into a panel interview with Area manager and RVP. The entire process can be intimidating and is meant to weed out those not cut out for the job.

SMB Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gartner in February 2016.

Interview

The first round of interview was very simply, just asking the basic stuff about why you're interested in the position and what you know about Gartner and etc. The first recruiter was really sweet and efficient. The second round was more of the basic stuff and they really want to know what Gartner does. However this is where my experience got bad because the recruiter said he would reach out to me in a day but it has been 2 weeks and still haven't heard from them even thoughI have followed up about three times now. I get the point, but I would suggest they not be so unprofessional about it.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process is extremely thorough. I went through 3 round of phone interviews before heading to their invitational day. The phone interviews ranged from 30 minutes to an hour, and the recruiters really dug into my resume and personality to make sure I had the character traits they were looking for. The entire process is behavioral-based. The invitational day way an entire day of activities ranging from individual activities, group activities, hiring manager interviews, a whiteboard presentation, and a mock sales call. The day is packed, and there are always employees taking notes on your performance. It was extremely intimidating, but the employees were incredible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

Did one casual get to know me interview on the phone then two more serious ones asking about previous experiences what did you learn how would you fit in this role, why do you want to be in sales ect basic sales questions interviews. Then was told to come to large interveiw day and didnt recieve an offer there

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a previous internship what did you like? Didnt like? ect they will ask alot about previous experiences that show on resume so have those answers formulated well   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Naples, FL).

Interview

4 phone and Panel interview. Panel is the hardest. Ask a ton of questions in all the phone and especially during panel. They are looking for people that ask tons of relevant questions that will lead to opportunities.

Interview Questions

• During Panel Interview, they asked me to get on the white board and explain to them how Gartner helps their customers.   Answer Question