Gartner Account Manager SMB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gartner Account Manager SMB Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Extremely organized:
Stage 1 - Get to know you call, interests, why sales, goals (take notes on the information they give you)
Stage 2 - Role play and more get to know you... no need to prepare for role play, just veting out people who don't have the sales mentality
Stage 3 - Ft. Myers on campus interview: Q&A with current AE (45 min to ask questions about the job, living in Ft. M , etc.), Meeting with VP & Area Manager (conversation and white board activity), Role Play (case simulation, do not prepare just ask questions)
Stage 4 - Follow up (find out within a week)
Everyone was professional, friendly and intelligent. They seek talent for their potential and invest heavily in each individual - 2 months of training and want to prepare each person with the toolkit to find success in their position
Fun facts I learned: 2,000 + campus of young professionals, 20 + clubs to get involved in, 80% relocate to Ft. Myers

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe Gartner in your own words
    2. What is the role of the Account Manager
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Did a phone interview with Gartner Fort Myers last month, it went really wel, or so I thought I was told to send over my resume and from there an on campus interview would be conducted early on during the upcoming week. -Follow up was supposed to be via email. Unfortunately I sent my resume as requested and I never heard from Gartner again.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

1. Initial phone call. To learn a little bit about you and if you fit with the company.
    2. In depth phone interview. Tell me about a time type of questions. Why sales?
    3. Sales role play on phone.
    4. invitational interview. Panel interview and team activity. Very long day but very rewarding if you get the job. A great culture and fun work environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through an employee referral program and got an email from a recruiter 24-48 hrs later. During my second phone interview I was denied the position but recommended for another one. A week later I had another phone interview with another recruiter. I got an email a few days later with the results.

Interview Questions

• What is your goal with Gartner? Where do you see yourself in the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process took about 4 weeks, and consisted of 3 telephone interviews before a final interview at their Fort Myers, FL office. The interview questions were behavioral-based, and the interviewers really dug into my personality to evaluate whether or not I would be a good fit for the company. The final interview consisted of a tour of the Gartner facilities, whiteboard presentation, panel-interview, and a sales role-play.
    My advice for interviewing at Gartner - Be yourself!!! Also, it is OK to ask for help because Gartner really values coachability. If you don't know the answer it is better to ask questions and receive feedback rather than making something up.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to take direction from multiple people at the same time   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process is extremely thorough. I went through 3 round of phone interviews before heading to their invitational day. The phone interviews ranged from 30 minutes to an hour, and the recruiters really dug into my resume and personality to make sure I had the character traits they were looking for. The entire process is behavioral-based. The invitational day way an entire day of activities ranging from individual activities, group activities, hiring manager interviews, a whiteboard presentation, and a mock sales call. The day is packed, and there are always employees taking notes on your performance. It was extremely intimidating, but the employees were incredible.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

3 phones Interviews, 1 panel, written response. There is also a role play at the end of the interview. Gartner hires based on trait. Demonstrate a no-limits mindset, be curious, Integrity, drive, goal oriented and you will be hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe what we do? Know what the difference between HT and EU is.   Answer Question

Account Manager SMB Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview then had an interview with an account manager. Basic questions and expected professional language as if you were speaking to a corporate level executive. They did a really good job of explaining the process and what to expect. I knew how to prepare and the people were really nice.

SMB Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gartner in February 2016.

Interview

The first round of interview was very simply, just asking the basic stuff about why you're interested in the position and what you know about Gartner and etc. The first recruiter was really sweet and efficient. The second round was more of the basic stuff and they really want to know what Gartner does. However this is where my experience got bad because the recruiter said he would reach out to me in a day but it has been 2 weeks and still haven't heard from them even thoughI have followed up about three times now. I get the point, but I would suggest they not be so unprofessional about it.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was difficult- nerve raking- I know that it has changed but it was tough. They made cuts throughout so you needed to make sure that you were always representing yourself well.

Interview Questions

• Name one person that inspires you and save them in a hot air balloon   1 Answer