Gartner Business Development Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gartner Business Development Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Gartner

2.7

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner in September 2018.

Interview

Talked with a woman for 40 minutes on the phone and provided very specific information. Was declined from being considered further. You go through an initial phone screening before you are taken to a formal phone interview. The first recruiter was nice but the other one sounded distracted and almost like she had me on speaker and was walking around. Overall negative experience, they should train their recruiters better.

Interview Questions

• Generic past experience questions, why gartner, why this role.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner in March 2019.

Interview

The interview was 45 minutes to an hour. We discussed Gartner as a company for about 15 minutes. We then moved on to discuss my resume and skills. For the last fifteen minutes we had a sales role play exercise to make sure I can recognize the client's needs and tested my listening skills.

Interview Questions

• What are the similarities and differences between sales and marketing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Irving, TX) in January 2019.

Interview

Lasted about 4 weeks, started with the college recruiter then with a phone interview, then a panel video interview. The college recruiter had actually reached out to me and then I applied for this position and it went from there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to tell the truth even though it was hard?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gartner (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was engaging and geared toward getting to know the candidate on a personal level, understanding their background and ultimate career aims. The interviewer really took the time to get in depth knowledge on me as a candidate and wanted to gain insight on why I had chosen to apply and what qualified me as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had that pertains to the Business Development Associate position for which you are applying?   1 Answer

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gartner in May 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with an HR representative asking simple behavioral questions. Moved on and had a final round interview with two employees for the position I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• How did you convince someone to do something that they were initially against?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you had a plan that was set back and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner in June 2017.

Interview

Where do I begin...The first phone screening was HORRIBLE! I talked to Charlotte, and she didn't even seem to know ANYTHING about their company. She said they serve 100% of the top 100 companies and 90% of the top 50??? What does that mean! I ALWAYS do my research on companies before I apply to a position, however, like all people questions may arise. I had asked her what products the company actually sells because all I understood from my research is advisory and technology solutions. I wanted a more broader answer, and instead of giving me that information she had an attitude and asked me "did I not look at their website?" I didn't ask a question to be answered with another question. I was not trying to go back and forth with her. I simply wanted more knowledge, but just because of that initial interaction, I don't even want to be a part of a company who hires rude people, I don't even care for a second interview. CEB, your recruiters are your first line of defense, they are suppose to represent your company to the highest standard and be knowledgeable. Bottom line, train your recruiters better. By far, the worst experience with a recruiter I have ever had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner (Arlington, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Before my phone interview, my recruiter asked me to complete 2 online assessments (personality tests to see how you fit into CEB/Gartner). The recruiter I spoke with during our 30 minute phone interview was very kind. She asked me to walk her through my resume, and then proceeded to ask me 3 - 4 behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you changed someone's perspective on your product and convinced them to buy something?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Winston-Salem, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

THe interview process was very organized. I was constantly kept up to date, had no issues regarding scheduling, and was very pleased with the level of care the Gartner team showed to the recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• Why Sales? What draws you to sales and what skill sets do you see yourself utilizing in this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Oxford, OH).

Interview

difficult to get phone interview set up. was ignored for about 2.5 weeks before finally getting it set up. it was frustrating to not know how they felt about me.

Interview Questions

• about diversity and how i have dealt with it in my life   Answer Question
    • how i handled a situation where someone didn’t agree with a recommendation i had   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter at a career fair, and scheduled a quick 30 minute call. Went over my experience, and the job role to make sure it was a good fit. Received feedback, and then was sent to another recruiter for a longer behavioral interview, again by phone. The next step was an in person/video interview, but I didn't take that step.