Gartner Business Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gartner Business Development Interview Questions

Interviews at Gartner

3.2

Business Development Interview

Interview

The RECRUITERS at this company are the absolute worst! They say they do not know anything about compensation, but they really do and it is extremely low and just waste my time. I have talked to 4 different recruiters throughout my sales career from here and it is always the same. This just makes the company look terrible and undesirable. After not getting the range of compensation without talking to the recruiter, she said my ask was more for Enterprise and poof she was gone. When I asked what mid market OTE was, it was not even close and I wish I got my time back from speaking with them. Interview process ended there and I am happy.

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

Business Development Interview

Interview

Had a really good first interview and was invited back for a second video round interview and then never heard from the HR representative again. Still confused what happened why it was so unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gartner (Dallas, TX) in February 2019.

Interview

Quick process, very shady interviews. Situational questions asked vaguely with no context. Taken aback by her inability or unwillingness to answer basic questions around salary, commission, attrition, vertical looking to fill, etc. Evasive and lacked transparency throughout. Asked questions about a random % from a previous role 3 years ago expecting me to know from memory. Made it seem like no standard in pay and very open to subjectivity and nepotism, All the reviews and good press must have been placed by a PR firm. I decided to cut the second interview short, and recruiter tried making me the issue not the her inability to have answers.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Gartner (Houston, TX) in January 2019.

Interview

I had a very pleasant interview with my recruiter. She was very well spoken and knowledgeable. She gave me a ton of information and gave a very thorough overview about what I should expect going forward. I immediately was contacted by my second point of contact for the next stage of the interview process. Thus far, I am impressed with my experience with Gartner.

Interview Questions

• Why after being at my company six years, I was making the decision to move on to something else.   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gartner in January 2018.

Interview

The process is made up of 3 different steps. It seems to be really tough. The interviewer was really professional.
    Even though I did not pass the first step, I really enjoyed to talk with him. I received the feedback at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Try to talk with a decision maker to present the Gartner products   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

First stage was fine but further down the the recruitment process, there were missed steps in emailing vital information because the recruiter went on holiday. This led to frantically ringing other recruiters at Gartner trying to obtain the information, which never materialised.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you received negative feedback and how you turned it into a positive?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

There was a panel interview where I had to do a short assessment and then two interviews with the team colleagues.
    The assessment was about how to deal with a difficult client over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this role?
      What do you know about the company?
      How did you deal with a problem?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Interview

It was going fine atleast from my side but I wasn't selected. It was on campus interview compiled with two rounds. First round was written test and second one was personal interview.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

I had a first extensive phone interview with a gentleman from HR which covered the main points on my CV, motivations, skills and even salary expectations. The follow-up was with another member of the HR which, supposedly would go more in-depth than the initial one (as mentioned by the initial HR person), but my perception was that this second person did not prepare the interview and was posing the 'template' questions while reading my CV. The second interview was much shorter, no insight to the role was given nor probing questions to evaluate me. I have tried to expand it by doing follow-up questions about the company, the team, the operations, but again this person looked unprepared and not knowledgeable about the role being discussed. Overall... big disappointment with Gartner.

Business Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Barcelona (Spain)) in January 2019.

Interview

3 entretiens d'1h30 et le dernier sur place. Premiers entretiens avec des recruteurs puis entretien final avec le VP et un manager. Quelques entretiens intermédiaires avec votre référent pour préparer chaque étape.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to pursue a carreer in sales ?
      Could you explain Gartner as if you had to do it to a child ?   Answer Question