Gartner Business Development Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gartner Business Development Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Gartner

3.6

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

Long. Many questions are asked. Be prepared to ask questions until you can't think of anymore. Understanding their processes so you can sell yourself as a fit is key. The panel will be a culmination of everything you've learned. It's pointless to go into it without information you have obtained to sell yourself into the role. If there is any once piece of advice is ask questions exhaustively.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about 4 weeks. Started with a recruiter contacting. Then had another phone interview with an HR manager. That phone call consisted of a mock sales call. The next interview was in person. I had to do a reach back about the company, and another mock sales call with a panel of 3 people. Be prepared for both. Ask list of questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Consider the location in which the position is held.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out via LinkedIn, she passed my info onto to higher recruiters- over the phone, they asked me questions regarding my background, style, and prepared me for the next meeting with an Area Manager. The area manager was very nice, asked me about my sales experience and had a mock sales call- I was not given an exact scenario, had to think of something on the spot, they are looking for if you ask the right questions to be able to sell something. Also, they will tell you that you did not do very well and will ask you to do it again after they coach you. They are looking for how you absorb the feedback and take it.

The process can go quick, they tried to fly me out a few days later, but I had prior commitments, we scheduled for 2 weeks later. I was flown into Fort Myers to meet with the Area Manager and VP of North America Business Development with the recruiter sitting in the room, the entire process is pretty intimidating. I had to do a white board presentation on Gartner as well as another mock sales call.

Overall, I did not get the position because they did not feel my conviction or excitement about the job.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

The process took 1 week. I spoke with 1 recruiter on a Monday, a 2nd recruiter on Wednesday, they flew me down Thursday, I interviewed Friday and was offered the job on that same friday. Very simple process in my opinion but extremely fast.

Over the phone role play is a bit tough but just be yourself and actively listen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

Text book and exactly what you want the process to be! At the end of the interview process I felt like I was good friends with the recruiter. 4 steps but you are very well coached and walked through what to expect throughout the entire process. Everyone you meet or talk to along the way is super friendly, open and honest and upfront. Gartner is the best and expects the best so be confident, do your researching ask question, ask questions, ask questions! As you should always be in life, be open to and ask for feedback.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any. I was prepped on what to expect throughout the entire process. I always knew what was coming but I did a ton of preparing and research the company and the position ahead of time.   Answer Question

The commute and lack of flexibility in working remotely. It just didn't work out for my family and current life situation. But Other then that sounded like an amazing company and opportunity. I hope our paths cross again someday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Soooo, this company will only hire you if you are young in your 20's. They seem to not like experienced, loyal, responsible sales people. If you are successful in other sales, it truly doesn't mean anything to them. The salary is low and 10 weeks of training is hilarious! Look elsewhere unless you want to be a part of a high school atmosphere.
    Ask a million questions even though you already know all the answers because you have done your research. So stupid

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview process was great. Their team makes it very easy to be vulnerable and transparent. They genuinely care about what you want to do and making sure it aligns with you long term. I have a young family and the process was mostly centered around making that move. When I did fly down for the face-to-face (described below), the team was incredibly hospitable. They took care of my hotel, all my food, and even set me up with a rental car (I had to pay for the car for liability reasons). They also made some great recommendations in regard to places to live in the area with a young family. All in all, the integrity and hospitable/giving culture was very impressive to see.

Here’s the steps I went through:

1. Initial phone screen w/ recruiter (a process to “get a feel”). 30 mins.

2. Phone interview w/ recruiter (more in-depth, job related). 30 mins.

3. Video interview w/ skills assessor (behavioral based interview). 1 hour.

4. Face-to-face in Florida (whiteboard session, shadow session, behavioral, role play). 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What kind of team or company do you want to work for?   Answer Question
    • What are you looking for in your next role?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe Gartner’s business? How does Gartner help it’s customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Chicago, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

Thorough in depth process, five seperate interviews over a five week period with a final mock sales call. First step was with an HR representative followed by an phone interview with a Sr. HR Manager. From there a one on one with the Hiring Manager, a call with a team member I would be working with and a final presentation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Phone interviews with several HR managers. People were nice. You really need to sell your passion for sales. I personally didn't like how they didn't ask anything about you personally - a little surface level, but that may just be more common in sales interviews. I ended up going with a different career path.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Chicago, IL) in August 2018.

Interview

As far as internal recruiters go, the team at Gartner was impressive in their ability to coordinate and communicate. Everyone I spoke/met with was professional, friendly and helpful--always following through with next steps in a timely fashion. There's a good reason why Gartner is listed in the top 5 toughest interviews but if you do your homework, listen to all the advice from recruiters/hiring managers, and go out of your way to ask current employees for help you'll do great.

After being approached on LinkedIn the process included: 1) an initial phone screening, 2) a phone interview with a sr. recruiter, 3) video interview with hiring manager, and 4) in-person mock pitch/final interview with several members (sr. recruiter, hiring manager, VP of sales, another director of sales).

Aside from their goal to figure out your ability to exceed sales goals they are looking to evaluate your executive presence, business acumen and coachability. Ask a lot of questions (about the company, job, vision) and prove that you'd be a valuable asset to the team. For the mock pitch, do your research and try to draw insights on possible pain points that your "client" would be facing. You're not expected to know specific pricing on Gartner products or services but you should have an idea of general next steps that BDMs are expected to move through.