Gartner Client Partner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gartner Client Partner Interview Questions

Interviews at Gartner

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

The process was brutal and extended. 4 interviews and did not make it to the fifth unfortunately. However, the recruiters do go out of their way to coach you to improve your performance. I ended up confused when they dropped me after #4 because I had recieved such great feedback up until that point. The recruiter did not offer me any insight into why I was not successful

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

The process started very well, yet ended oh so unprofessionally.

I was approached by a recruiter asking me if I was interested in brining my talents to Fort Myers and Gartner. Seemed interesting, I responded right away to her and expressed interest. We arranged what was, more or less, a discovery phone call for both the recruiter and me. She asked basic questions, told me about the role, essentially trying to determine if I was a quality lead. This conversation went very well and we arranged another phone call which would be interview #1. This is with the recruiter.

The recruiter interview is a deeper qualifying call asking basic behavioral questions. After the interview, she provided me feedback on the interview, discussing what went well, what didn't. My feedback was nothing but positive. One thing I was told moving forward was to make sure all questions are answered with specific details, providing specific results. Not an issue. I moved along to the second interview.

The recruiting department was fantastic arranging the next interview. At this point in the process, everybody involved is going above and beyond, without a doubt selling me on why Gartner is a superb company. The phone interview is with three managers. I didn't find the interview to be challenging, I know many have. I work in communications, I don't find talking to people uncomfortable or find it difficult to express developed thoughts on the fly. Questions were the same, or variations on a theme of the same questions asked in the first interview with the recruiter. Again, make sure to have specific examples, that's the big thing. Looking for specific examples with specific results. Plan on that.

When you finish, you again get feedback. This company is all about feedback, and I think that is fantastic. If you get anything out of this interview, if you aren't confident in your interview skills, they will improve you immensely if you listen to what they say. My feedback after this interview, was again, really good. Very positive feedback. I moved along to the final step, the interview at the office in Fort Myers.

The company was fantastic in making the arrangements. I live in Kansas and they were all very flexible with my schedule and very helpful making the arrangements. They paid for everything. Flight, food, rental car, hotel, everything paid for. Can't ask for more. Can't say enough about the people making the arrangements. Absolutely wonderful.

For the final interview, again with managers, they request you put together a presentation. They provide guidelines. It's a snap. After making your presentation, they ask more questions, all very similar to everything asked before. Remember details. I cannot stress that enough. Of course, feedback is provided at the end. My feedback was all fantastic, still. I left the interview feeling really great about everything, jumped on my flight back to Wichita that evening feeling like I would have a job offer coming. My recruiter said everything went great and she would reach out to me one way or another by the end of the week.

Well... they must have felt differently, I'm very perplexed. After departing Fort Myers, I never heard another word from my recruiter or anybody at Gartner. She didn't contact me by Friday with an answer. I reached out to my recruiter and my calls and emails went unreturned. The once extremely nice people going above and beyond completely shut me out. I interviewed in February and I still have not heard a thing. I suppose when they don't want you any more, they have no desire to keep selling you on the company. I cannot get them to follow up with me.

My problem, I devoted a significant amount of time and energy preparing for the lengthy interview process. I took time off from work, burned vacation days, to complete these interviews. I flew all the way from Wichita. I feel with all the time, energy, and respect I gave Gartner, the least they could do is take five seconds to send me a stock rejection email.

It started off very well, I was very impressed with Gartner. However, with how it ended, my opinion changed. I feel very negatively about this company and cannot offer my recommendation.

Interview Questions

• What is the role of the client partner?   1 Answer

Client Partner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Initial phone interview with a recruiter to vet through the applications, followed by a longer 30 minute interview to discuss the role and interview process.
    I was then able to meet with an associate via phone who is currently employed in the role I was interviewing for, to ask questions and get a feel for the job.
    The next interview was an hour long phone interview with 2 hiring managers who are currently managing teams in the role. It was all about my experience, and my metrics, as well as my knowledge of the role I was interviewing for. Following this interview, was another quick chat with my recruiter, and finally, a panel interview.
    My panel consisted of my recruiter, 2 managers, and 1 VP, and I gave a 45 minute powerpoint presentation on both my personal and professional accomplishments. There was quite a bit of Q&A both for me and them. Finally, a small written portion, basically a recap letter, to make sure I wasn't stupid and could write eloquently.

Interview Questions

• All about my metrics. Past sales goals, client retention, satisfaction.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

The first interview went smoothly. The second one more challenging. If you don't provide enough info they will continue to dig and ask until you do. Ask for feedback at the end of the conversation you will get a good idea if they liked you or not. They are looking for certain individuals and if you aren't one of them you won't make the cut.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I reached out to a recruiter on Linked in and had an interview scheduled the next day. The recruiter is really positive and informed about Gartner. It is a good idea to match this positive, upbeat and professional energy. After the 1st interview I moved on to a second phone interview. This interview was more focused on scenario questions from my personal professional experiences.
    I am scheduled for a 3rd interview. The pointers given to me from the 2nd interview is that I need to develop metrics and explain how I was measured by performance in previous roles. I also had to define my job as proactive by listing the tasks and timelines taken. The are not looking for someone with experience in being reactive.

Interview Questions

• Describe a instance where a relationship you developed professionally aided you in the future. How did you grow this relationship?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

I was contacted by two recruiters via LinkedIn. I had not filled out any application and somehow they contacted me on my work number, as well as my cell phone number and my personal and work email. They did not receive that information from me. I was scheduled for a phone interview which worked out really well and I was informed that they would call me to let me know when I could interview on site. Never received a call. I emailed and called the recruiter to no avail. Then I called the HR person that sent me the invitation email for the phone interview. To no avail. Never received an email that they decided on another candidate, etc. Eventually I just gave up. Very ridiculous thinking that I was the one who was being actively pursued. However, i heard from several employees that it's more like a fraternity and they blow through employees that don't fit in, faster than anything

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

Thorough, no-joke, was majorly prepared and messed up one question. Everyone was super nice and seemingly supportive, not sure where it all went south. I wish there was more feedback during the panel interview section. I felt I knew a lot about the company going in having interviewed once before and was feeding off the positive feedback I got along the way. I guess I was just not right for the role. Cannot prove it but felt discriminated against for being over 30.

Interview Questions

• You have 15 minutes to talk to a CIO with 5 major initiatives you need to solve for them. What do you do?   3 Answers

Client Partner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Internal, took some time to finalize the timeline for the approved move

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, used my experience and accomplishements

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process for this position is lengthy and tedious. Not necessarily an unpleasant experience, but certainly a bit nerve-racking.

Here is a breakdown of the steps I took:
    -I was an employee referral, and was contacted via email by a recruiter to set what they called an 'initial phone call'

-Initial phone call lasted about 20 mins; it was a mini-interview, asking basic questions regarding my background, how I know the person who referred me and also some prompts to talk about previous achievements. At the end, you are given directions for a writing assignment which you are to email to the recruiter to continue the process.

-About a day after submitting my 'essay,' I received an email to schedule the next interview with a recruiter. This interview was an hour long, and was a little more in-depth than the first, although a lot of the same questions were asked again. At the end, I was told I would be receiving an email to schedule the next phone interview.

-Next phone interview was a conference call with two hiring managers and lasted close to an hour and a half. They asked for concrete examples of previous successes, examples of competitiveness (read: this one is important), and a lot of questions regarding what my 'motivation' and 'drive' is (again, these questions are key). At the end, I was told I would receive an email letting me know if I made it to the next step, which would be the final in-person panel interview in Ft.Myers.

-Received an email same day; Gartner would fly me out to Ft.Myers (expenses paid) for the final interview, and I was to prepare a powerpoint presentation for the panel.

-The final interview started with a face-to-face with a current client partner for me to ask questions, followed by a debriefing by a recruiter about what to expect. Finally, two local VPs and two hiring managers came in to interview me. A LOT of the same questions as the phone interviews were asked- 95%, I had been asked before. The recurrent theme of the interview was 'how are you competitive' and 'tell us all about why you'd be a top performer'. After the interview, I was asked to write a few paragraphs about what I 'took away' from the interview process.

So this final panel interview is apparently where things went wrong for me; although I felt confident throughout it, and answered the questions in the same manner that I had been answering them all throughout the previous phone interviews. I cited specific examples of previous accomplishments and feel that I portrayed myself as more than sufficiently ambitious. The feedback that I was given at the end of interview was almost entirely positive.

**A few days later I received a phone call from the employee who had referred me, saying that he had been informed that I did not get the job. This in my opinion, was very unprofessional, and I was only contacted by Gartner a day after this occurred. I think I certainly should have been notified of the outcome first. **

According to Gartner, they hire based on traits (there is a whole list of what they're looking for in a CP), and not experience. This proved to be entirely UNTRUE, as the reason I was given by the recruiter for not getting the job was that my examples of previous experience were not very strong. This was particularly confusing to me, as I had cited many examples of the traits they wanted by referring to previous work and university experiences. Apparently, the examples I gave where good enough for Gartner to spend money to fly me out for the interview, but held no weight in the end.

Additionally, the recruiter said that the panel had concluded I was 'a bit nervous' during the interview,and that when dealing with clients this may be a setback...this, again, was confusing as a part of the feedback the panel gave me at the end of the interview was that I 'seemed very relaxed, was a great speaker and was very articulate' (I quote this almost word for word).

There was definitely a great deal of inconsistencies throughout the process, and I personally do not buy into Gartner's claim that they hire based on traits.

Aside from this, there were positives:
    -Everyone I spoke to was very professional, approachable and friendly
    -You were given very good expectations of what your next step would entail
    -Questions were encouraged and welcomed throughout the process, and were answered in detail.
    -Face to face with client partner was very helpful in teaching me about the role (make sure to prepare questions)

Expect to invest a lot of time, this process can take months!

I don't want to say the experience was all-out negative, so I will rate as neutral.

Interview Questions

• You have 30 seconds; list as many uses for a baseball bat as you can think of...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

I was an employee referral. The interview process started with a 30 min phone interview with an HR rep at headquarters, then a written portion, followed by another 30-45 min phone interview with an HR rep at the local office. Once I made it through these interviews I was passed to 2 hiring managers for an hour long phone interview (that ended up about an hour and a half). Then I was sent to do the final panel interview in the local office with a job shadowing and then the interview (including the powerpoint presentation). After the panel Interview, I had one more phone interview that lasted about an hour with another 2 local hiring managers.

Now, that was the entire process, but not the whole story. The process I was originally told, was not what was followed and was rather disappointing. There was a certain lack of professionalism amongst the hiring managers and definite lack of prep work. First, each and every interview, I was asked the same questions. Yet, after each interview they would mention how copious notes were taken. This led me to believe that either a) the notes were not being taken b) the notes taken were flawed/not detailed or c) the notes were not being reviewed by the next level of management before the next interview. This became very frustrating when after 6+ hours of interviewing with this company, the VP's and Hiring managers were asking me the EXACT same questions as the beginning of the process. The prep sessions and "introductory/who you are talking to" emails were incorrect every time, as I was never talking to the people they told me I would be. As you can imagine, this made it difficult to send thank you emails, or even know who/how many to expect on the other side of the phone, or across the table. On top of this all, the final panel interview was set up to be the "end of the road." Well, in fact it was not, and again the rules were changed. The job shadowing (or so it was called) at the final panel interview was actually just me staring at a client partner across a table in a room about 6' X 5'. I was looking forward to being able to see exactly what my life would be like if offered the job, and instead I was in a blank room with someone currently in the position. No prep work (again), no presentation, just her saying, "this is the time you can ask me any questions you would like." Thank goodness I had some questions prepared, otherwise it would have made for a rather awkward half hour.

On top of this all, the interviewers kept referring back to and picking apart the areas of my experience that were not relevant. We discussed that the examples they were questioning me about were not structured in the competitive format that they were looking for. I then covered numerous other examples that displayed the experience/characteristics/and personal traits they were looking for (totaling about 2 hours of talking time). They disregarded these examples and ultimately decided not to offer me the job because of it.

Overall, the interview process was way too drawn out. I was a bit disgruntled that after 8 weeks, 6 interviews and 6+ hours of interviewing, the management of this company was unable to make a timely decision. I was continually passed off to someone else, adding additional interviews (where I had to catch THEM up to speed). It was a frustrating experience overall.

Interview Questions

• They ask you questions that show how much you know about what they do, but not in the typical format. I had an internship at a hospital, and so they asked, "How would this hospital use Gartner as a client?" Large number of questions showing curiosity, tenacity, intelligence, interest in technology, and adding value through interactions with customers.   Answer Question