Gartner Client Relationship Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gartner Client Relationship Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Gartner

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Midvale, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Midvale, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

The hiring process is difficult. You go through a 4 step process, 2 phone interviews with the recruiter, 1 phone interview with the Managers and a panel interview with the VP and others from the company. I would highly recommend studying a lot about the company, especially your role during the panel interview and phone interviews just relax and be yourself. They are looking at your characteristics and attributes more than your resume (although your past experience is still important).

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you felt like you went the extra mile for one of your clients you worked with. Why did you decide to do that?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter that found my resume on Monster.com. I wasn't really interested in moving at the time, but I decided to have a phone conversation to feel out the details. It seems like a good location & good role. We talked about my resume & my goals, etc. She emailed me information on two roles, their starting dates & info on Fort Myers, FL. After a day or two I emailed her back saying that I wanted to proceed with the client relationship role. Soon after that she scheduled a phone interview for herself & I. Normal interview questions, I asked more questions about the role, salary, etc. I also requested feedback, which she provided. She told me the next steps were in the hands of the hiring teams & what to expect if I was selected for another interview. She informed me that I would hear from her by the end of the next week if I was chosen or not. That time has now passed & I'm twiddling my thumbs, hoping to hear good news.

Anonymous Employee in Midvale, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Midvale, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

It's a long interview process with a quick decision made. The recruiters are wonderful to work with and make you feel comfortable throughout the entire process. They really look for inquisitive people so be prepared to answer a lot of questions, but also ask a lot of your own.

Client Relationship Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through their website as intern/graduate and uploaded my CV. Received an email after a couple of weeks, inviting me for a phone call. After scheduled the phone call through emails I received also a job spec for the role I had been considered.

The phone call was an informal interview going in general about my understanding of the company, the role, my previous experience related to customer service. Received an extremely high amount of information about the company and the role.Outlined the step the recruitment process (1. formal phone interview, 2. interview with 2 managers, 3. and further interview with a panel of managers) Duration almost an hour.

Received an additional email with advice about how to prepare for the next stage. At the formal phone interview covered surprisingly again understanding of the firm and the role, how do you keep informed about IT trends, and competency type of question, which the email highlighted to prepare. Duration almost an hour.

I will be receiving feedback after a week from the interview. Did not pass to the other stages.

Client Relationship Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

It was harder than expected as the 2nd round - the face to face interview with HR. It lasted abut 1 hour. I would highly recommend to research very well about the company, dig into it what they do, know the JD well. Lots of behaviour questions were asked, and they're looking for very precise/specific examples in your answers, not general ones. Spend some time building your own stories relevant to the JD.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your toughest customer & how you handled them.   1 Answer

Client Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Egham, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by two recruiters at two different times following my applications.

The first time the recruiter went silent for 3 weeks after the first interview and I was informed I hadn't made the cut following a lot of follow-up emails from my side.

The second time the recruiter told me I would have moved to the second step but I didn't receive any call at the scheduled time. I emailed the recruiter to follow up and I was told the call had been forwarded to the voicemail (which is strange as I received several calls).

I tried to reschedule but the recruiter went silent again.

They call from a withheld number, which give a flair of unprofessionalism.

Interview Questions

• - what do you know about Gartner?

- Why this role?

- Your skills and where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Client Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

1) 15-30 Initial phone call to learn a bit about yourself, your previous experience, why Gartner and if you have the traits they're looking for
    2) Phone call with 2 manager that lasted about 1 hour, where they asked a lot of competency based question mainly related to customer relationship, how you handle difficult clients, and teamwork
    3) Face to face interview with same 2 manager as phone call plus a team member and VP. I had to prepare a presentation on why Gartner, why me and my motivation for the role. After the presentation lots of competency based question and in-depth questions about my previous experience

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? Why Gartner? Why me? When customer gave you a good feedback? How do you organize yourself? What is success for you? A time you went beyond customer service? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How do you handle objections? Time with a difficult customer? How do you work with other people?   Answer Question

Client Relationship Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

I liked the people. I must have met 7 or 8 gartner employees and they were all nice, engaging people. The Egham office vibe wasn't great though. Maybe that's just me.

In terms of the interview - my experience matches the other reviews here. First a screen call (45 mins), then one call with HR (1 hour) , then a first live interview (1 hour 20), then a panel presentation (1hr 30) I also got to meet a team member one to one before the panel. That was helpful.

At no stage was I challenged and the process was laid out clearly from start to finish on glassdoor and through clear ish instructions. Overall I thought the process was drawn out for no reason. I kept on getting congratulated for making it 'this far'.

They use an American style outdated STAR interview technique which is also used by the civil service (take from that what you will).

I can't tell if they are just desperate for people or just so keen on processus that there are 'right' answers to their interview questions. Either way, I kept on having to force myself to not just feed them the answers they clearly wanted.

If you want a job here - I think it's quite easy. Just follow the advice on glassdoor and the email instructions. You'll need to invest some time as the interview process is insanely drawn out and you'll need to have some prepared answers.

The offer was OK but not great. No counter offer when I declined. I'm surprised at how easily they let someone walk away after so many hours. I imagine they have lost a lot of good people over the years for the sake of 4-5k. Then again, an extra £20k wouldn't have got me to accept the offer, so who knows

Interview Questions

• All questions revolve around 5 or so premises. Such as good customer service, challenges of their clients, product line etc. Nothing difficult and clearly laid out   Answer Question

I had better offers elsewhere - and the interview process was off putting.