Gartner Event Attendance Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Gartner

3.9

Events Attendance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

A recruiter initially calls me for a 1st interview and says that Gartner looks for 4 traits: Curiosity, Drive, Integrity and Clockspeed (thinking on your feet). It didn't matter that I have an MBA with a 4.0 GPA, years of being the top sales rep wherever I went, etc. I got all the way to an in-person "panel interview." Half the people that were supposed to be there were absent, same with the previous interview with some of the managers over the phone. I am a consummate professional who is very well known in my community as a man of integrity and drive. I literally have hundreds of unsolicited endorsements on professional social media sites. I prepared VERY hard night and day for 2 weeks for my panel interview and thought I aced it. 2 days later I receive a scathing voicemail from the Gartner recruiter telling me about the panel interview "feedback." They decided to "continue searching for the right candidate," as she so eloquently put it. They claimed I didn't ask them enough questions, and said some ridiculous little thing which I don't even remember saying which lead them to decide that I "lacked business acumen" and apparently one female hiring manager was offended by a question I asked her (ridiculous). Oh... and I didn't provide enough examples of the 4 personality traits, even though I highlighted about 25 separate accomplishments throughout my career which spoke directly to the 4 traits. Wow... I have never felt so unworthy in my entire life, not even when I was severely bullied as a kid. They come off like they are the ultimate gods in determining what skills you lack, even though for the past 20 years I have been the top sales person in every single position I've had, which was based on my intelligence, hard work and people skills. Gartner is so stuck inside this "traits" box that they don't even recognize a great candidate when they see one. They'll hire a high school dropout who drives a taxi if they ask enough questions and provide enough examples of these pathetic traits. In the panel interview, I felt like I was presenting to a bunch of Gartner robots who drank way too much of the koolaid. They all reminded me of The Stepford Wives, and they themselves appeared to not possess the 4 traits which they look for. The recruiter sounded selfishly upset that I didn't get hired, dumping all over me because I didn't get the job... besides, it's very stale inside the company... very quiet where everyone walks around like a bunch of brainwashed zombies.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you provided enough examples of the 4 personality traits?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

3-5 phone interviews then an in person panel, must create a presentation to explaining "Why Me?" why you would be the obvious choice for the role. It was a challenging process but rewarding when you receive an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview consisted of 3 phone interviews, each for an hour and then an in person interview at their office in Ft. Myers. The recruiters are extremely helpful and provide lots of feedback as well as areas to prep for in the next round. First the company will focus on past experiences. You want to frame everything in terms of how it would apply to the job at Gartner. They are also highly concerned with your personal goals (examples of how you achieved them in the past and goals for the future). They are looking for someone extremely self motivated and highly organized. In person they will take you on a brief tour and you'll meet with someone currently in the role you are applying for to do a 20-30 minute Q&A. After this you will give a slideshow presentation on why they should hire you with 4-5 of the department managers. They'll ask questions and look for clarification as necessary. Don't memorize slides, just reference them. After this you do a discovery sales call with the managers. Ask lots of questions.

Interview Questions

• Examples of goals you've set and how you achieved them, how much money you want to make. They are really concerned with why you want to be successful.   1 Answer

Event Attendance Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gartner in October 2017.

Interview

Overall it was a very positive interview that lasted for about an hour. I had applied originally because I have a former colleague that has had a positive experience and being there for 3 years showed me that it had potential and opportunity to grow within the organization. On top of it being a well-run company and great reputation and benefits is why I decided to apply. Also allowed me to polish up my interviewing skills, since it's been over 5 years since being in this process again.

Interview Questions

• Name one goal professional or personal that you were able to accomplish and why was it important to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

I have a lot of respect for Gartner. My interview process went something like this:

1) Internal recruiter reached out to me
    2) Interview with recruiter
    3) I had to answer about 10 behavioral questions in detail and type it up in a document and e-mail it to the recruiter
    4) Prep session with recruiter for hiring manager interview
    5) Hiring manager interview - Just behavioral questions
    6) Prep session with recruiter for final round interview
    7) Panel interview - via webcam and consisted of me speaking with a current EAS about the role, reporting to VP/manager about the EAS role, sales role play to discover the needs, and written assessment.

Needless to say it was a very long interview process. But not in time. I think from the time I had my first e-mail to the time I got the offer was like 3 weeks. The recruiter was the best recruiter I've ever worked with. Everyone at the company was phenomenal and it was a really motivated group of people. I seriously considered taking this position. But at the end of the day I just decided that I was overqualified, the money wasn't enough and I would have to move to Florida.

I think this is a really good role for someone starting out that is a good communicator and willing to cold call. If you have consulting experience or have working in multiple businesses doing complex work, I think they might market this position well to you, but if you look at the bare bones of it. The tasks are mundane at the bottom.

Again, really great interview process, great company, great people, just not the right fit for me.

Interview Questions

• What is the role of an EAS? Talk about a time you had a goal and how you achieved it? When was your integrity tested? How do you deal with conflict?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Process took about 4 weeks, included 3 phone interviews with recruiter and hiring managers, a networking event and a final on-site panel interview. Gave great feedback, never heard anything back. Still have fingers crossed but we will see.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

It's a total of 4 interview dates. First three are phone calls, and the last one is an in-person, on-site panel interview with 2 Area Managers. I breezed through the first 3 interviews, but the 4th interview was very challenging.

The first few interviews are just to get to know, make sure you have the necessary qualifications, star interviewing technique, and behavioral style questions. The final interview was 2 hrs and 45 minutes. I prepped a lot of this interview (maybe to my detriment), and I was a tad nervous.

They begin by having you sit with a successful EAS to find out what the EAS role does and how Gartner Events help their clients. 2 easy questions. The difficulty I had was in understanding what they were saying because they speak at incredible speeds, and in technical terms that I was not familiar with (ex. program governance, proof of concept, peer connect). In my interview, I felt that my EAS person went off topic and on quite a few different tangents. I wasn't given time to prepare for the whiteboard, as she was sitting in the room chit chatting with me about her upcoming vacations and where she was from. I was confused that "no notes" meant nothing I wrote down while I was speaking with my EAS could be used during my white board. I interpreted "no notes" as meaning "you can't bring your own notes to the interview for this first part." So I literally had to wing the white board.

Next section was the roleplay. I thought I did a decent performance of this, but they gave feedback that I only asked surface level questions. The last section was the email recap. I have proficient computer and writing skills, so I typed a well-composed email. At the end, I ultimately wasn't hired because I didn't use enough active listening skills. It was very helpful true feedback. I plan on really working hard on this issue and mastering it the best I can over the next 6 months. I won't give up! There's only been 1 other time I was not offered a job position - so this is an eye opening experience!

Interview Questions

• What is the role of EAS? How do Gartner Events help our clients? - white board   Answer Question

Event Attendance Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Took months to complete and found out in final round I did not receive an offer. Recruiter was nice and helpful but the interviewers are very tough and will drill you with questioning

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very in depth and lasted over a month. The process started with a screen call, just a get to know you and see if you're the right fit for Gartner. After the first initial call, it was followed by 2-3 more phone conversations with each one getting more deeper into things like; who are you, why sales, why Gartner, what drives you. Then one more phone interview with hiring manager and recruiter. The final stage is an on-site interview that lasts a few hours. This interview consists of a few more questions about what drives you, then followed by a whiteboard session, role play, brief written assessment and final feedback. During the entire process just be yourself, ask lots of questions and be prepared to explain why you want to be in sales and be able to give a specific reason about what drives you.

Interview Questions

• What drives you? Why Gartner? Why sales? If you had to measure success in this role, how would you?   Answer Question

Event Attendance Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

It was a 4 step process, took about 2 months to go through all 4. It was pretty basic for the first 2 rounds, the third had very difficult behavioral questions, and the last was a 2-3 hour whiteboard session with a sales call role-play.