Gartner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gartner Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2017

3.5

Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was bumped and rescheduled several times always at the last minute. Recruiter was rude and made all sorts of random excuses. One of the poorest experiences I have had with any professional organization

Interview Questions

• How will you drive client retention?   1 Answer

Client Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Overall the interview process was brilliant. Originally I was contacted by a Gartner recruiter for a possible role with team supporting a large internet networking company I previously worked for. That role did not eventuate however a few months later the same recruiter introduced me to his peer who was interviewing for a client executive in a similar company.

I went through the standard screening calls, then had two video calls with the client director, another phone call with the area manager, a panel interview with the acct team, then a final conversation w/ the area VP.

In hindsight the panel interview was great to go through. As the candidate you get to see the personalities and dynamics of the team you'll be working for, they get to see you out of your comfort zone leading a discovery call w/ a scenario / role play that is purposefully vague. You could freak yourself out over-preparing or you could draw on your skills and experience (value-based selling, SPIN, empathic listening) and simply let yourself shine. I'd recommend a bit of both and more of the latter.

All up, the process took about 3 1/2 weeks. The Gartner recruiter kept me informed every step of the way, was available for coaching re: role play, was transparent about salary expectations, and was super responsive.

I received a verbal offer on Friday and the formal offer in writing that following Monday.

Interview Questions

• The customer is always right, but often times they're wrong...how do you let them know when they're wrong?   Answer Question

EAS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Well well well... let me tell you. I have been interviewed with Gartner for various positions, mostly sales positions. My first one was in 2015 and my last one last week. All together I have had over 20 interviews with recruiters and hiring managers... made it to the panel interview once and normally always to the third stage where hiring managers are interviewing me. I always enjoy the interviews because I learn actually a lot which helped me in my current role at my job. You might think: "Why do you keep on applying?" I actually don't...the talent sourcers seem to love my linkedin profile and hit me up on regular base. Must be that smile lol... anyhow the questions are always the same where they try to find out if you are ambitious, show that you are metrics driven and regularly surpass sales goals. Natural curiosity is also very important. Ask a lot of questions. Even when you are approached by the recruiter they still ask you "why did you apply at Gartner?" ...hhmm well I didn't but hey now I am here so let's play the game: "I feel like Gartner is for me the next....bla bla bla". This time the first two interviews with HR were actually very pleasant like always. Then I had the hiring managers who either where trying to play good cop / bad cop or just very convinced by themselves.... [especially the senior]. Without going into too much detail, but crappy questions will get you crappy answers....they didn't know that I initially had not applied for that position but wanted to know why I applied for that specific role.... [do you guys have internal correspondence?]. I am doing my homework and so should the hiring managers. Then I was asked about an example where I failed but didn't bother with a follow question on how I overcame my failure...Long story short, thank God I was not a fit for that hiring manager...
    I have to say it seems more and more that Gartner's culture is going downhill.... I don't think it is a coincidence that the rating on glass door consistently got worse with each year. But hey...don't worry I will keep on taking your interviews because I am a very persistent human being and as I said I learn a lot.

Until next time!

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest Gartner Event   1 Answer

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

Meet with 6 different people. Some of them are data scientists and the others are managers. (I think there are 2 data scientists). People are very nice, and it is pleasure to talk with them.

No time for lunch, though. I had to eat it during the interview.

Interview Questions

• They described one task that they are working on, and asked what my solution is.   Answer Question

Client Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

There are three stages to this interview process. The first stage is a preliminary phone interview that discusses you as person, who you are, what you've accomplished, what type of leader you are, etc. This interview lasts about 45 minutes if you ask the interviewer questions and takes place with a recruiter. The second interview is another phone call with two managers, where you discuss your relevant experience, how you work on a team, etc. This interview also lasts about 45 minutes. The final interview is on site with a panel, where you will be expected to give a 20 minute presentation about Gartner, the Client Services role, and, primarily, why you are a good fit for the role, followed by a 1-1.5 hour interview by the panel.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell Gartner's product to your University?   Answer Question

Event Attendance Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Took months to complete and found out in final round I did not receive an offer. Recruiter was nice and helpful but the interviewers are very tough and will drill you with questioning

Client Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gartner in February 2017.

Interview

Lengthy and poorly developed. The hiring managers were under qualified compared to my pedigree of experience. What is requested from you is not an actual representation of what you bring to the table as a professional

SMB Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within the week. I was scheduled for a phone interview with a recruiter the next week. The phone interview was very laid back, mostly focused on the recruiter explaining the job position and asking me about my past experiences and different personality traits. It was about 35 minutes and he gave me very helpful feedback at the end. I was told over the phone that I would be scheduled for another phone interview with a different recruiter, but ended up talking to the same recruiter due to a last minute change.

This phone interview was strictly behavioral questions, about 10- 15 of them. Not too hard, pretty standard stuff you can find online-- about 45 mins. I was told once again over the phone that I would be scheduled for another interview, this time using a video conference tool where I would answer a variety of behavioral questions and do a short sales roleplay.

This interview was focused more on digging deeper into my past experiences; the interviewer focused on asking "why?" to all of my answers, asking me to self- reflect and seeing how self- aware I was. She was very friendly and easy to talk to.

I was told that I would hear back within the week, but it has been 3+ weeks and I haven't heard a word from them. I can take a hint, but it seems kind of unprofessional to never get back with someone, even if you are turning them down. Besides that, it was a great overall experience and both people I talked to were extremely helpful in giving feedback.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time where you worked in a group where there were clashing personalities/ the project did not go as planned?   Answer Question

SMB Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Did a phone interview with Gartner Fort Myers last month, it went really wel, or so I thought I was told to send over my resume and from there an on campus interview would be conducted early on during the upcoming week. -Follow up was supposed to be via email. Unfortunately I sent my resume as requested and I never heard from Gartner again.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screen followed by technical phone interview with a developer. Process took within 2 weeks.
    Technical questions were extremely basic and easy.

Sent a thank you e-mail to them after the interview. After that I never heard back from them, not even a rejection notice.

Interview Questions

• Components of JSON
      How do you link .js to html page
      AJAX
      API components
      class/Id
      How do you use bootstrap
      Answer Question