Gartner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2017

3.5

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Reached out by 3 different recruiters. Once the three worked out who was going to be the point person I had multiple phone calls, and was told the focus on being behavioral based, a 10min role play, and then a call with the hiring manager. It was very disorganized process and each call was rescheduled twice.
    I asked numerous questions about how many others they were talking to, experience they were looking for, timeline etc. I was assured of being the candidate.
    After two formal calls the 3rd was scheduled and again cancelled and rescheduled twice. The day of the 3rd call received an email that the role had been filled.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about experience and the boring questions that start with tell me about an experience that.....   1 Answer

SMB Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gartner in July 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone screening which only lasted about 15 mins just to make sure I could speak eloquently. Then I had a longer phone interview a couple of days later which asked more in depth about my resume and experiences. Make sure you research Gartner for this step. Then I had a third phone interview with a senior level person which included a role play at the end...really tough since I was not expecting it. I did not make it to the final in person interview in Ft. Myers.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner in July 2016.

Interview

No Structure, took far too long, still stuck in stone age in terms of technology. Really poor overall experience. Took over a week for any response, followed phone screen with a non tech recruiter, then another screen with an engineer, followed by a paper test, and panel interview. Suprised they are able to hire anyone with this process in place.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to complete a take home coding test, they wanted me to complete this on paper. I thought it was a joke, but they were serious.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Very task oriented. There are a lot of reviews on here that say the interview was "very hard", but as long as you have a winning personality or some sort drive to be successful you should be good. Prepare for it because the people at the interview who didn't prepare, didn't get the job. There were a lot of people who got hired without any sales experience so just prove to them how bad you want the job and how hard you are willing to work for it. Don't over prepare for the role play because it will screw you. Don't be overly aggressive in the team exercise. They are trying to see how well you work in a group, but don't sit back and let everyone else prove their points over yours.

Interview Questions

• Why Gartner? (Don't come up with a generic answer to this. I think they ask this as a personality trait question. They want to see your quirks and why you are different from everyone else.)   Answer Question

Client Parnter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Very long process, which is why I find it to be a negative interview experience. They drag it out over a month which really piles on the stress. There is a good reason- Gartner's company culture is amazing and they want to protect that by bringing in the right people.

The short of it is that I interviewed over the phone four times, all 45 minutes to an hour, (in a more formal setting- I had various phone calls with my recruiter in between) and had one in person interview.

The first phone call was with HR and seemed to be a basic vetting process-making sure you are actually interested/qualified for the job in the most basic sense. Then I had a phone interview with the recruiter. He then suggested I do a call with a person currently in the position I was applying for. Then, I had another phone interview with hiring managers.

Finally, I was invited to an on-site interview which was scheduled over two hours. You have to prepare a presentation of yourself which is nerve wracking, because it's a longer presentation. This, combined with the interviews spanning 5 weeks, is what gives it the negative experience. Personally, I think the process is a little too lengthy and they place too much stress on their candidates.

Client Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Very long and detailed questions. Interviewer did not make me feel excited about the position. All about metrics + detailed behavioral questions. I did not feel as if they cared about my personality and values.

Interview Questions

• what is the role of a client partner + describe a time when you had an dissatisfied client and had to solve a problem   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner in June 2016.

Interview

You will do a lot of phone interviews from one recruiter to the next and from there each individual you speak to will be the one who gives the green light to continue in the process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe you will be successful at this Job?   Answer Question

Research Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with a recruiter and immediately with the hiring managers. Had a positive experience with the recruiter. After the speaking with the hiring managers, I knew it would not be a good fit and so did they. Wish I didn't waste anyone's time, but I still haven't heard back.

Client Partner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Initial phone interview with a recruiter to vet through the applications, followed by a longer 30 minute interview to discuss the role and interview process.
    I was then able to meet with an associate via phone who is currently employed in the role I was interviewing for, to ask questions and get a feel for the job.
    The next interview was an hour long phone interview with 2 hiring managers who are currently managing teams in the role. It was all about my experience, and my metrics, as well as my knowledge of the role I was interviewing for. Following this interview, was another quick chat with my recruiter, and finally, a panel interview.
    My panel consisted of my recruiter, 2 managers, and 1 VP, and I gave a 45 minute powerpoint presentation on both my personal and professional accomplishments. There was quite a bit of Q&A both for me and them. Finally, a small written portion, basically a recap letter, to make sure I wasn't stupid and could write eloquently.

Interview Questions

• All about my metrics. Past sales goals, client retention, satisfaction.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Contacted by someone I would consider an initial screener. He was polite and very organized with what to expect during our call as well as next steps. Followed through exactly as laid out. The next step was talking to a recruiter. This is where my experience wasn't as great. Was asking a lot of questions but didn't really seem to be listening. Very aggressive about 'proving' my current compensation. Also noted I would be moving to the next stage in the process, told me from who and when I could expect the follow up and then nothing. I followed up once the agreed upon date passed and was then told oh we really didn't have an opening in my area. Unprofessional in my opinion...if you're just gathering resumes for future opps, be upfront about that.

Interview Questions

• How do you develop relationships with executive contacts?   1 Answer