Gartner Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

3.4

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (New York, NY).

Interview

I was refered by an employee. A recruiter emailed me 2 weeks later to ask to set up a phone interview. The interview lasted for baout 30 minutes where I was asked about my resume and a few behavioral questions. Was given feedback at the end and told I would hear back by the end of the week.

Three weeks have passed and I have heard nothing even after sending a follow up email.

Interview Questions

• Why Gartner?
      What do you know about Gartner?
      Why did you get certain leadership positions?   Answer Question

Senior Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gartner (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

4 phone interviews occurred and a final on site interview with team occurred. 1st was with senior recruiter, 2nd was with hiring manager, 3rd was with consultant and 4th was with boss of hiring manager. The final onsite interview consisted of meeting with 2 Senior Managing partners and 1 Senior Coordinator

Interview Questions

• Please explain past work experience   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that things didn't go right for you in past employment   Answer Question
    • Have you ever disagreed with any of your managers on something? Explain why   Answer Question

Account Manager SMB Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through an employee referral program and got an email from a recruiter 24-48 hrs later. During my second phone interview I was denied the position but recommended for another one. A week later I had another phone interview with another recruiter. I got an email a few days later with the results.

Interview Questions

• What is your goal with Gartner? Where do you see yourself in the company?   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Twenty minute phone interview. Fairly standard, although it feels as if the recruiter is trying very hard to personable. Interviewer will ask if you want feedback after, which may be helpful to some, abeit awkward.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gartner (New York, NY).

Interview

Gartner qualifies it's candidates with several interviews. The first is an introduction about 20-30 minutes, after which comes a much deeper dive interview. After these two interviews, they ask you to have a Skype interview with a recruiter along with a role play. If you progress to the next step, they fly you to Ft. Myers for a panel interview which includes a 45-100 meeting with a currently business development manager to discuss the position, followed by a panel interview of 3-4 people where you discuss your background, discuss your knowledge of the position and finally whiteboard out some information about gartner and then another phone call role play. After the role play is over, they discuss everything and ask you to create a follow up email. All in all they really know what they are looking for at gartner. They want to get better your ears and make sure your personality matches the culture

Interview Questions

• At what point in your life, did you know you were going to be successful?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

2 phone interviews and 1 in person. The team was really nice and I was very excited to be offered the job- even started looking for a home in the area. However, the recruiter tries to scare you out of negotiating the salary. Also asks very inappropriate questions about your salary and income. The invasive background check also contacts all your previous jobs and tries to get information about your salary from them too- and if they can't get in touch they require you to give them all your W2s for the past 7 years. And then when I was given an offer they did not want to consider my 2nd job salary as part of my income, just the one so that they can say how much of a generous "increase" the offer is in comparison to my 1 job.
    Ultimately even though I was offered the job, they rescinded because they wanted me to request permission to do all outside projects and work (which is my livelihood). They are pretty controlling about that and despite the hiring manager saying they are flexible on it, HR is NOT. I'm not one to sign papers blindly, or have to ask permission to live my life outside of the office. Ultimately I don't see what my outside work had to do with the role. The offer was rescinded once I started asking too many questions and made it seem like I did something wrong. But if you want a diligent project manager, you want someone who asks questions and definitely doesn't sign contracts blindly. Good luck to them. The team seemed really nice, I was hoping to start working with them, but the recruiter was difficult to work with.

Interview Questions

• What is your reported income from last year on your W2? This is required information.   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Reached out by 3 different recruiters. Once the three worked out who was going to be the point person I had multiple phone calls, and was told the focus on being behavioral based, a 10min role play, and then a call with the hiring manager. It was very disorganized process and each call was rescheduled twice.
    I asked numerous questions about how many others they were talking to, experience they were looking for, timeline etc. I was assured of being the candidate.
    After two formal calls the 3rd was scheduled and again cancelled and rescheduled twice. The day of the 3rd call received an email that the role had been filled.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about experience and the boring questions that start with tell me about an experience that.....   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

2 phone screens with a recruiter, next round were two separate 1:1 face to face interviews with someone that would be my direct manager, then a panel face to face interview with the person that was going to be my manager, his boss, and the recruiter. Very intense interviews all around. Must be able to think on your toes.

Interview Questions

• -How are you different from other candidates? What will you bring to the table?
      -What's one piece of feedback you've been given to work on recently?
      -Why are you looking to leave your current role?
      -How do you feel about constructive criticism?   Answer Question

Benchmark Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Several phone interviews followed by a group interview. Assignment was to demonstrate the value of IT bench-marking to a qualified prospect. Group interview had 5 senior managers and consultants and the HR person. It took about 10 hours to research and develop the presentation and I had 1 hour to deliver including Q&A.

Interview Questions

• How much resource do we need (the client) to provide to support the benchmarking study?   1 Answer

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gartner (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I was a bit fast-tracked but I had one phone interview with the recruiter, one in person interview with the hiring manager, then had my panel interview, then got the offer. All happened within less than two weeks.