Gartner Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gartner Recruiter Interview Questions

Interviews at Gartner

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Spoke to Recruiting leaders across the organization. I probably had 9 interviews in total. I spoke to so many people, and the titles didn't make any sense to me at the time. They all asked me questions about my job experience. Each one focused on a different area. For example, one wanted to talk about how I built relationships with Hiring Managers, and another wanted to talk more about how I find candidates, etc.

Interview Questions

• After being with your last employer for so long, why don't you want to stay?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gartner in January 2016.

Interview

Initial communication was positive and exciting however it is very clear that there are some people who are involved with recruiting that are not actually good with people and should really be in the analytics side of the business. It was clear there was no respect for the applicants time as I had 4 of the 6 interviews rescheduled. 2 of which were rescheduled 5 minutes prior to the start and both times the manager did not apologize for the inconvenience (1 was a Skype interview I had taken work off for, and the manager knew that.)

Interview Questions

• What does Gartner actually do and what services do we provide?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

I had multiple 1-1 phone interviews with a final in person interview day where I met several people and had a video teleconference interview with someone in Stamford, CT (Headquarters).

Interview Questions

• Various questions relevant to recruiting, like working with hiring managers, filling hard to fill positions, etc. You will be asked to provide specific examples of what you have done, rather than hypothetical what you would do scenarios.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Phone interview, in-person interview, the manager made me feel pretty comfortable on the phone and his interactions with me in person were even better. I did not feel like he was judging me. The discussion in-person felt more like a friendly conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you failed at something you did.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gartner in April 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews , 4 in person interviews, They asked a lot of questions around your current process and how you find talent then when you came in for the interview it was all around the cultural fit.

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT) in February 2018.

Interview

Professional and organized interview process. Met with many people from the team as well as management. There was a group panel at the end of the interview that felt trait based. Asked a lot of questions regarding how to handle situations, past experiences ect.

Now being here for a few months I have to say Gartner is a great place to work. strong work-life balance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Irving, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

In all of my professional experience, both as a recruiter and candidate, this by far was the worst interview process I have ever endured. Dec. 7th - received LinkedIn message from recruiter after being identified as a potential candidate for the role. Dec. 14th - 1st phone interview w/ recruiter. (Was told that this was a streamlined process and that the team was not looking to drag out the interviews.) December 29th - Phone interview w/ HR Manager. Jan -5th - phone interview w/ Team Lead (Decision Maker). Jan. 12th - Onsite interview w/ 6 individuals total (4 hour long interview, which was supposed to be the final step. Received constructive feedback from the Team Lead, decision maker, to "for future interviews, let your hair down. [I] was too formal in the way that I spoke and that [he] couldn't tell if I was so "articulate" because I was nervous, but it was okay to not be "so polished."). Jan. 19th - after having to reach out to recruiter, I was informed that feedback from everyone on the team was "positive all around, except for the team lead. He felt that the other candidate's personality better matched his own, but you are the more experienced candidate." Jan. 24th - Tie breaker, phone interview with Associate Director (was unofficially told that this would be the final final interview and though the team lead liked the other candidate better due to his personality, a majority vote of the team would go in my favor.) Jan. 25th - phone interview with HR Director (I was never told the purpose of this interview.) Friday, Jan. 26th - had to reach out to recruiter at the end of the day Friday for feedback and was told that their would be next steps on Monday. Monday, Jan. 29th - after not hearing back from the recruiter, I reached out to her by email and was then told that I would hear from her tomorrow with final feedback. Jan. 30th - Never heard back from the recruiter. Jan. 31st - after reaching out to her, she finally informed me that the team lead decided to go with the lesser experienced candidate due to him "feeling that their personalities were more aligned." After expressing my frustrations of the process, being strung around for three weeks after my 'final'onsite interview, and the fact that their was no transparency on anyone's part including the senior recruiter, the only response yielded by the recruiter was "I'm sorry you're upset that you didn't get the position...you completely caught me off guard with your call today."

My frustrations do not lie with me not being offered the position, but the lack of transparency and utterly inefficient, elongated interview process. Gartner unfortunately has a long way to go in regards to providing a positive candidate experience for applicants. A major suggestion that I would leave for the organization is provide feedback to candidates in a timely manner, even if its feedback that candidates don't want to hear and shorten the interview process. Include everyone in the interview process early instead of one interview after another with different individuals. The total amount of time that I took away to interview with this organization was eight and a half hours over a 7 week period.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do outside of the organization, socially?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

The first step was a Phone screen. The second step was an in person interview with 2 people. There was follow up in between and a follow up and interview.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

The hiring process involves three meetings where you will meet five managers. They're welcoming and encouraging in general. Real life examples are key to impressing them and earning progression to the next round/offer.

Interview Questions

• Majority of questions centered on relationship building and process.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

1st call with recruiter from other Gartner office and was advised that its very positive. Wants to schedule next round with reporting manager but went MIA despite several emails to follow up.