Gartner Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gartner Recruiter Interview Questions

Interviews at Gartner

3.1

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2016.

Interview

Spoken to the recruiter over the phone. She proceeded to arrange F2F interview with 2 managers. But only 1 came to interview. Reason being busy. Never receive any feedback or closure afterward. Followed up for the feedback, recruiter replied that she will gather the feedback and share, but that never happen.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Gartner (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Various Stages both over the phone and face to face. Very informative and understanding on work commitments etc. There where multiple stages which included meeting lots of different people across the team and business units. You get a chance to ask many questions and it comes across as a 2 way interview which I liked a lot.

Anonymous Employee in Egham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gartner (Egham, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Thorough and challenging, but with that it was very rewarding and felt like a real achievement when I was presented with an offer of employment. I met all of the Senior team that I would be working alongside, all of which brought a real value and insight as to what I expect if I were to join, as well as the challenges I may face.

Interview Questions

• Focus on my personality and character traits over performance facts and figures.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Egham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gartner (Egham, England (UK)) in December 2018.

Interview

I had 5 interviews in total with people from different Recruiting teams and with different seniorities. Despite minor inconveniences I perceived the process as very efficient, professional and it gave me a good idea of Gartner and the people who work there.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you had a challenging situation with a senior stakeholder?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Egham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Egham, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

Well thought out, good process allowing me to get to know Gartner and check my fit for the role and organisation. I initially had a call with a sourcer who talked through the role and my expectations. This was followed by a recruiter phone call which assessed my fit with regards to the Gartner traits. The next step involved a Webex with 2 different Directors who had openings within their team - I was being considered for various role. The final interview was with with my line manager - it was more of a meet & greet than a focused interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your approach to recruiting?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gartner (Egham, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

A 1st stage interview with three separate managers.
    Interviews were somewhat informal and on the whole, seemed to go well enough. However, something told the first manager that i wasn't a perfect fit for his team and he confirmed this in the meeting without any real insight.

I also interviewed well with the following two manager's who were both nice enough but it seems that perhaps the first manager's decision had rubbed off on the following two and the end result was that I did not receive an invitation to the next round.

Interview Questions

• How has your journey with Gartner been so far?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Reading, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview followed by f-2-f. The person interviewing me was quite abrupt and seemed to deliberately act in rude fashion. Not the best interview I have ever had and certainly not the standards of professionalism I would expect from someone representing the brand.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

1 - hiring manager
    2 - team member
    3 - VP recruiting
    4 - HR for HR

internal transfer from sales to recruiting, quite informal, opportunity to ask a lot of questions from the different stakeholders

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

1st screening call (10 min) 2nd interview with Recruiter, 3rd hiring manager. Experience was ok but after the hiring manager interview received standard rejection mail. When asked additional questions in email for feedback if any or about other job possibilities no answer from Recruiter. Would expect a little more from a recruiter who works for a big company. Recruiter should provide a positive experience regardless if they pass or fail.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

2 interviews, one telephone interview and another face to face at the CEB office in London.
    Then waited 4 weeks and emailed 3 of the recruiters for feedback and no one bothered to respond. I don't get how a big organisation such as CEB can treat candidates in this manner.