Gartner Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gartner Research Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Gartner

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT) in May 2013.

Interview

Six total interviews, beginning with recruiter/hiring manager and several analysts and director of research. Process was organized and professional with timely communication from the recruitment team. Interviewers were prepared with thoughtful questions. Final interview involved writing a 2-3 page research note and presenting to a panel of four. Writing time was around an hour and presentation time 30 minutes with Q&A. Questions do get difficult. Take a breath and keep your cool.

Interview Questions

• Interesting mix of personal and business related questions. Unexpected question: (pharaphrasing) What would your research methodolgy be for a possible product launch in SE Asia after a successful launch in the Americas?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gartner (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

they said they will 'follow up' to conduct a writing test. Never did. HR is pretty unresponsive.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner in August 2016.

Interview

Initially screened by HR, then the hiring manager. Round three followed two peer interviews and two manager interviews. Round four (which I didn't get) would have been onsite to create and then defend a position paper. HR communicated in a timely manner, and had the professional courtesy to reject my application over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Questions were broad sweeping opinions about the industry and quickly drilled down to vendor product comparisons. Other questions started with broad sweeping trends in the industry and what was the direction in the future. Those quickly drilled into my reasons for making such statements and what evidence substantiated those statements.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

This is mainly an internal hiring process. The best way to move into this role is to start in an entry role and communicate with folks around the office and get a feel for the work. Be very open to relocation and changing practices.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Telephone, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Initial chat with recruiter to verify experience and knowledge. He was very pleasant and put me forward to next stage. He also did the running around to organise interviews etc.

Second stage was phone interview with guy who would be my boss. This lasted about half an hour and again was very pleasant and I really felt at this stage it was a company that I could work for.

So, I passed his interview and was put forward for the three interviews with peer group employees. First woman I spoke to was extremely rude (and it was this woman I’d have been working with) - very condescending, she knew it all, tore up everything I said and was just generally unpleasant. Based on this interview I simply decided to withdraw my application which is what I did the next day.

When I spoke to the recruiter the next day and explained all of this to him, the feeling I got was “oh no, she’s done it again”. He said she was known to be a difficult interviewer, even with the good candidates. Whilst he didn’t say it, I got the distinct feeling others had withdrawn their applications after being interviewed by her.

Other than that though, it’s a well structured recruitment process, if a tad drawn out given I was only applying for a £60k job. Had I gone through the peer interviews the final hurdle was doing a presentation to a board of people where one would play bad cop (probably that woman!)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your public speaking experience and skills - what have you talked about, to how many people etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gartner (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2018.

Interview

I signed up for a first-round interview on my campus after Gartner's presentation to students here. I met with their recruiter, who asked me behavioral questions about experiences and skills. We made small talk as well, so it was a casual and enjoyable conversation. They recommended me for the second-round, emailed me a couple weeks later to schedule it, but I was ghosted (the email had not even been opened). So right there, Gartner recruitment's accountability falls flat.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience in which you used qualitative research skills.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Two steps: phone screen and in-person interview. The latter consists of ~1 hour of behavioral questions and a case interview that lasts roughly half an hour.

You can expect questions about your CV and basic "tell me about a time when you..." questions during the phone screen. Pass this step, which most do, and you'll need to start preparing for the case interview.

Prior to the case interview you will be asked fit questions that are "leading indicators of success." Prepare for questions that prove you are insatiably curious, a pragmatic problem solver, and able to stand up for yourself.

The case interview will vary by interview. Based off my own experience, do poorly here and your chances are nil. Study for case interviews and brush up on your mathematics.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you held yourself personally responsible for hitting a target. How did you do this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Penn State University, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gartner (Penn State University, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Very generic - the interview didn’t ask follow up and seemed to be following a billeted script. He also didn’t do a great job at describing how the role fit into consulting. Gartner clearly has a non-traditional business model

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gartner (Arlington, VA) in August 2018.

Interview

I applied for the position online and received an email a few days later to set up an interview. It was not hard but have several examples ready for the first interview. That is as far as I went. The interviewer was not mean or anything. She did let me know they do not provide sponsorship for this particular role which was sad to hear. Overall, it was not a negative experience at all but I did not go further enough in the interview experience to say it was a great experience. I just had that one phone call.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Gartner's work, experience I have for the role, example of research I have done and like what I did start to finish, about a time I worked in a team, about a time I held a leadership position or had to stand up to a leadership role, salary requirements   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Multiple interviews by top industry analysts. Gartner advisory consultants are known for their industry expertise so you can expect many technical and thought invoking questions. Expect to speak with several analysts at different times.