Gartner Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gartner Research Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Gartner

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gartner (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn, got an email almost immediately and scheduled a phone interview. Phone interview was about an hour long with standard questions along with questions on my favorite brand, key digital strategies etc. The second step in the process was an extensive case study that included some writing and data analysis which I had a week to complete. Very interesting but time consuming. The in-person interview is about an hour and a half long, with 30-minute discussions with different people in the department. Apart from standard questions, they ask you about your assignment and also throw some random hypothetical questions on strategy.

I think the process was very fun and different and has definitely helped me learn a few great tips for future interviews. I will say though, their process is VERY unorganized. The entire process from initial application to ultimate rejection took 2 months. Yes - 2 MONTHS (exactly to the day, actually). Email responses were slow and one of my interviewers was the most expressionless, unenthused person I've ever had the displeasure of speaking to. He/she really intimidated me and was not at all friendly or welcoming. Apart from him/her though, everyone was very nice, especially the head of talent. He gave me very helpful and precise constructive feedback about my interviews, which is rare to find.

Interview Questions

• How would you advise company ABC if it were in XYZ situation   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied through Linkedin; the hiring manager contacted the day after. Scheduled for the initial screening at the office. He seemed genuine to care about my ability to perform and asked several specific questions about the researching ability. After a week, the manager personally emailed back to send the rejection email. I thought it was a nice touch. But they also seem like they have a wrong standard for the position that they are hiring for. They weren't clear about the position's ability to grow in the firm or how it can be interactive with other departments. They expected a very deep depth knowledge of the industries that they were working for, and have experienced skill sets for the entry-level position. It seemed little absurd and didn't talk about any training in prior.

Interview Questions

• what is the industry that you are interested in?
      what kind of research program are you capable of using?
      What company has pulled off a smart strategy recently and why do you think it's impressive?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview process is a multi-stage process for hiring new employees. The interview process typically includes the following steps: writing a job description, posting a job, scheduling interviews, conducting preliminary interviews, conducting in-person interviews, following up with candidates, and making a hire

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

I had 5 phone interviews and 2 submissions. First, a referrer interview, followed by recruiting manager interview. I then submitted further resume information and samples of work. Then I had a call with the hiring manager, two further interviews with research VPs, followed by a written test.

With each stage of the interview process, I learned more about the role and became more excited about the challenges it offered. By the time they offered me the position, I was raring to go.

The whole process took far longer than I'd envisaged - four months for the interviews, a month for background checks, another few months for external admin and other arrangements. At several points, I worried that they had forgotten about me and prodded them. It is by far the most work I've had to do to get the position. In the end though, it was worth it!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They met my offer and exceeded it.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gartner (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

Easy. They made us wait too long. No response regarding selection or rejection. Involved 2 interviews- Technical and HR. Before this, there was an online case study test involved completing an excel sheet using basic formulas and the method used in the case study

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gartner (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2018.

Interview

Conversational in tone. And insightful in nature. The process was very quick.
    There were some guestimates asked, but like always the idea was to check the ability to make strong and clear frameworks around problems.

Interview Questions

• Number of planes in the sky in the 10km radius of the office.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gartner (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Lots of strategical and secondary research questions that helps them test your analytical thinking skills, also tests your command over language and your critical thinking skills. The interview focuses more on the aptitude,determination and the intellect an individual has.