Gartner Research Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gartner Research Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Gartner

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner (Arlington, VA).

Interview

One phone interview, some online assessments (Hogan and Raven assessments), and a 3-part in-person interview. The interviews were standard behavioral interviews, an "intellectual curiosity exercise" discussing whether it was important to measure happiness in employees, and a quantitative exercise involving designing a statistical model and interpreting graphs. The last interview person didn't walk me out, so I was left to wander around the building and find my own way out, which was not only awkward but also probably unsafe for the company. Once I got the offer, there was also a background check using a truly incompetent and frustrating third-party vendor called HireRight. These days there is also a drug test.

Interview Questions

• To build a statistical model predicting how many medals the US would win at the Olympics.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

Research Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

This would be a great opportunity for a bachelor or master in economics, but not a Ph.D. as I outline below. Please read this in its entirety as my negative comments may not be applicable to most situations and this is a good company for many career paths.

I applied online and was contacted very quickly to set up an interview. The posting indicated that a Ph.D. in a relevant field was desired and I am an economics Ph.D. During the interview, it became pretty clear that the work I would be doing was not Ph.D.-level work. The interviewer seemed to think that a Ph.D. was just a sharper, more in-depth bachelor's or master's degree, which any Ph.D. knows is not the case. A Ph.D. is fundamentally different and is about producing knowledge, not absorbing and applying it.

I withdrew after a salary conversation convinced me that I would not be doing Ph.D.-level work at CEB. Had I wanted to proceed, the interviewer seemed positive enough about my abilities that would not be surprised to receive an offer.

There may be good opportunities for economics Ph.D.'s here, but this evidently was not one of them. It could be just that the interviewer did not know what a Ph.D. is all about. For someone with a bachelor's or master's degree, this really would be a great place to work, but if you have a Ph.D. and want to use it, this is certainly not the place, unless my situation was specific to this interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary expectations?   1 Answer

Research Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, I sent my resume, we set up phone call, the recruiter shared my resume with staff, heard back a few days later and we set up an in-person interview. The interview was three hours, split into 3 one-on-one sessions: behavioral, case study, and intellectual exercise. Everyone I met was very nice and friendly, but overall I found the experience a little off-putting- there was never any discussion of the job itself and what it actually entailed, and also not a lot of discussion about my background or experience. I was also put off by the repeated question of 'why did you apply here', when they should have been able to see I was contacted by a recruiter- interviews are a two way street, you need to also convince the applicant (especially if you are recruiting them!) and I was not convinced. I also never heard back, which overall was fine because I was not interested in the position and it wasn't a good fit, but I thought that was a little rude considering all the pre-interview communication.

Interview Questions

• Walk through example of research project from start to finish / how do you handle uncomfortable situations / example of a time you worked with stakeholders with varying perspectives / how do you handle conflict   Answer Question

Research Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gartner (New Delhi (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

1) HR telephonic Round: Basic questions, related to your job profile, just wants to reaffirm if you are a fit.
    2) Case Study is given and a presentation on the same has to be submitted in 3 4 days.
    3) The case study has to be presented and a few general HR questions are askedalong with it.
    4) Interview with Director: A general HR like interview
    5) Aptitude Test

Research Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process was time consuming but very informative!
    First round- HR calls you n asks you about yourself, tells you about the profile, they mainly assess your communication skills and if you're a good fit for the profile.
    Second round- Personal interview with hiring manager (over WebEx in my case). Asks about you, want to know about your interest in technology research, want to learn something about you.
    Third round-skill test. A presentation or a document to be prepared on a topic provided.
    Fourth round- Panel interview over WebEx. Want you to present your document prepared in the third round. How you started. What difficulties you faced while preparing it. Etc.

Very sweet and humble people.

Research Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gartner (London, England (UK)) in September 2018.

Interview

A 64 minute aptitude involving Quant, DI and verbal section and a 90 minute case study was conducted. Further shortlisting was done on the basis of CV and Aptitude score. There were 2 rounds of interview. One with a senior research consultant and second round was with the Director.

Interview Questions

• Give a brief review of your CV?   Answer Question
    • Explain all the projects undertaken by you during the Summer Internship?   Answer Question
    • A detailed explanation of the case study, the internees backed by data and the solution you will give to a client as the consultant?   Answer Question
    • Second round of interview was also based on the case study itself   Answer Question

Research Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (New Delhi (India)) in December 2017.

Interview

Extremely lengthy and inconclusive process. The interview process spanned over a month and I went through:
    1 initial HR screening,
    5 rounds of case based interviews of 1 hour each
    1 written case submission
    1 20-minute logical reasoning test
    and 3 psychometric tests.
    Each of these rounds was an ELIMINATION round, so I am assuming I must have performed satisfactorily in the previous one to move ahead in the process. Following this, I was informed that the firm has decided not to proceed further with my candidature.
    Not sure, what the evaluation criteria was, but the overall process was very exhaustive.

Interview Questions

• Market sizing and pricing, marketing and growth case, supply chain case   Answer Question

Research Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Egham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gartner (Egham, England (UK)).

Interview

One phone call, one in-person interview & a presentation. The presentation was to prepare content on a topic of our choosing, relating to a specific business case prepared by the Consulting team.

Interview Questions

• Can you present on a topic of your choice for 20 minutes with questions   1 Answer