Gartner Research Content Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gartner Research Content Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Gartner

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Great process, very timely, ask usual questions about your résumé and background but be able to have good answers and articulate by giving examples.

Interview Questions

• Be able to explain why IT and why you are fit for the position. Understand content evaluation assessment that's given and be able to answer questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT) in June 2013.

Interview

Contacted through email to set up phone screening. Interviewed at the Stamford office. Mostly questions about resume and how you have handled confrontations/problems in the past. Very big office building. Didn't really see anything besides the lobby or interview room though. Was told the next step would be some kind of reading comprehension assessment.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process was challenging and fairly lengthy. Three part interview consisting of a phone interview, an in person first round interview and a second round content assessment. All interviews are nerve-racking but at the very least they ease that with a comfortable environment and approachability. The content assessment consisted of reading a business moment and answering questions based on it as well as working on an excel document with pivot tables. An intensive and different experience.

Interview Questions

• Create your own business moment similar to the one you just read.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I went through a interview 6 months back for a face to face after talking on the phone twice with a recruiter. The interview was with the hiring manager and was short but when I asked to see the team she let me go to where they worked and shadow. I didn't get the offer then but 6 months later the position opened up again and I was contacted by the recruiter to see if I still wanted the position. I went back for a content test which was basically giving me 30 minutes to read two articles one on Target's security breaches and another on another computer related subject. I was allowed to take notes and used 15 minutes for each paper but didn't have time to read everything. I presented my notes when asked the first question as to what I learned from the first article and did the same for the second article. I got the job offer a week later.

Research Content Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Confusing and quick. I think the recruiter was new as they did not seem to know what to ask or how to evaluate my response/perspective. Overall not the best but a learning tool.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in June 2018.

Interview

It was work, life balance related questions. They reached out to me. I was familiar with others they had hired. They are overtly selective towards alpha male and attractive female types.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time with a difficult situation where a coworker wasn't pulling their weight.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

They make you jump through hoops but are overall friendly and clear. Felt the process was a bit lengthy, I get the feeling they really want to weigh their options. Interviewers want to be challenged, make sure you are prepared with good questions for the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Gartner, why this role, asks for specific anecdotes. Make sure you know the company and role in and out.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with a recruiter and immediately with the hiring managers. Had a positive experience with the recruiter. After the speaking with the hiring managers, I knew it would not be a good fit and so did they. Wish I didn't waste anyone's time, but I still haven't heard back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in March 2019.

Interview

Very thorough process overall. I had a recruiter reach out to me on LinkedIn with a cold email, and set up an initial phone screening. From there I went on the next interview which consisted of heavy behavioral based questions for about 45 minutes on the phone. That recruiter actually had me follow up the next day with another recruiter for about 20 minutes for a second opinion. Again that was very behavioral based. I was able to make it onto the next round, which was an hour long Skype interview (since I'm not local). Again, all behavioral based. From there, frustration kicked in a bit. I felt very confident in my interviews up until this point, but did not hear back from Gartner for THREE WEEKS. I reached out multiple times, but did not hear anything. The second recruiter finally called me back, in which we played phone tag for a solid 3 days. In the end, it was just to tell me that I did not get an offer. A lot of respect for the company itself, but it was an extremely aggravating interview process. I felt they were genuinely interested in me, but I got the impression after that final conversation it was more of a courtesy interview. Took personal time off to set up the video interview as well, so that left a bad taste in my mouth.

*Tip to anyone interviewing - master STAR. That's what they're looking for. If you can do that, you have a good shot.

Interview Questions

• Paraphrasing: "Show you are passionate about customer service"   Answer Question

Research Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gartner (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

HR took 2 weeks to respond after the initial application but interview process was long drawn, approximately 1.5 months. Went through first round with HR, a written test, followed by 3 rounds of conference interviews with overseas offices. All 3 rounds asked the exact same questions and I had to repeat a walk through of my resume 4 times in total, so that was rather inefficient. It could have been done in 1 - 2 rounds. There's no timeline of when you are going to hear back and there was once the interview request came the day before. It appears they are bouncing the ball for as long as possible so do keep your options open.

Interview Questions

• what do you hope to receive from gartner (in terms of opportunities etc, not salary package)   Answer Question