Gartner SMB Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gartner SMB Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Gartner

3.7

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was difficult- nerve raking- I know that it has changed but it was tough. They made cuts throughout so you needed to make sure that you were always representing yourself well.

Interview Questions

• Name one person that inspires you and save them in a hot air balloon   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Did a phone interview with Gartner Fort Myers last month, it went really wel, or so I thought I was told to send over my resume and from there an on campus interview would be conducted early on during the upcoming week. -Follow up was supposed to be via email. Unfortunately I sent my resume as requested and I never heard from Gartner again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Naples, FL).

Interview

4 phone and Panel interview. Panel is the hardest. Ask a ton of questions in all the phone and especially during panel. They are looking for people that ask tons of relevant questions that will lead to opportunities.

Interview Questions

• During Panel Interview, they asked me to get on the white board and explain to them how Gartner helps their customers.   Answer Question

SMB Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Was found by a recruiter...had initial conversation with him (told me more about the company)... after conversation set up phone interview with head recruiter, asked about experience level and basic sales questions, moved on to next phone interview with two area managers..again basic sales questions with short (about 10 min.) phone role play. Role play didn't have anything to do with Gartner, more wanted to see how you set up a sales call, ASK QUESTIONS, and set up next steps.

Final round was flown to FL to shadow account manager for about 45 min. (this is the time to ask any questions you may still have!), then met with area manager and vice president. Not asked any real sales questions anymore...asked to present what I knew about the role and about the company. After "presenting" had a 15-20 min role play with both area manager and VP, they left the room and I called them as they listened on speaker phone. This role play had to do with a previous customer w/ Gartner. Don't try to sell them anything!! BE CURIOUS, ABLE TO ADAPT, CONFIDENT. After each interview round they will give feedback and advice-work on this feedback to prepare for final interview, as they will look at past notes to see if you have improved.

Interview Questions

• STAR questions, tell me about a time you collaborated with someone on your team, time you took the lead, get to the point with answers!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Very good experience to put to the test everything you have invested your time in perfecting. Although rigorous, this company is looking for a certain candidate that can relate to the culture they incorporate into the company. Expect to be on your feet the whole time, follow a time frame, and prove you are the best at what you're capable of.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

There are 4 stages to this interview process as listed below:
    1. Get contacted by a recruiter/apply to the position
    2. Interview with a Sr. Recruiter
    3. Interview w/ 2 Area Managers
    4. On site Interview

Overall, this was a very mentally draining process, but if you get an offer you know you earned it. These interviews are made for you to be quick on your feet and be able to answer unexpected questions. If you have experience selling to C-levels, or B2B you should be fine. Just be yourself and like others posted, BE CURIOUS. They want you to ask a lot of questions as that is how you will be successful in the position.

Interview Questions

• Who is your mentor and what would they say your biggest weakness is?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Long interview process with multiple parts. Group presentation, behavioral, panel interview, role play. Good experience but be prepared and ask questions. "Be curious". They were very adamant on giving feedback to candidates who did not get the position. Never received feedback which was supposed to be 48-72 hours later.... lame.

Interview Questions

• What does Gartner do? What is the role of SMB Acct Manager? Ask 3rd and 4th degree questions for role play and get as much info out of conversation as possible.   Answer Question

SMB Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner in October 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and went through 2-3 preliminary interviews. Ultimately did not make it to final round which was a relief as this was pretty much a sales position. For the gym simulation, just pose a lot of engaging questions to the potential client. Do not try to come up with solutions or sell products -- learn about the client's needs.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had a conflict with someone you were working with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

Did one casual get to know me interview on the phone then two more serious ones asking about previous experiences what did you learn how would you fit in this role, why do you want to be in sales ect basic sales questions interviews. Then was told to come to large interveiw day and didnt recieve an offer there

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a previous internship what did you like? Didnt like? ect they will ask alot about previous experiences that show on resume so have those answers formulated well   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process is extremely thorough. I went through 3 round of phone interviews before heading to their invitational day. The phone interviews ranged from 30 minutes to an hour, and the recruiters really dug into my resume and personality to make sure I had the character traits they were looking for. The entire process is behavioral-based. The invitational day way an entire day of activities ranging from individual activities, group activities, hiring manager interviews, a whiteboard presentation, and a mock sales call. The day is packed, and there are always employees taking notes on your performance. It was extremely intimidating, but the employees were incredible.