Gartner Sales Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gartner Sales Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Gartner

Sales Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Sales VP at Gartner reached out to ask if I would be interested in becoming a Sales Director. I met with the Group Leader, RSVP, GVP and SVP Sales. I was given scenarios and asked how I would proceed. Asked me about my management philosophy and examples of its effectiveness.

Interview Questions

• Would you fire a sales rep that is a hard worker but isn't producing?   Answer Question

Negotiation

straightforward

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

Sales Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

very fair interview, moves quick, very focused on no limit mindset and chemistry (traits) of potential candidates. Phone interview, then meeting with hiring manager and directors.Well structured, organized meetings, HR is fantastic, clear expectations of KPIs, short, mid long term goals, examples of culture and many other items you will want to know.

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Gartner (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in August 2011.

Interview

In Sales, the interviewer wants to understand if you traits are successful and if your culture matches the company
    Additionally, they want to understand if you can both compete and cooperate with your peers at the same time ?

Interview Questions

• Describe your cold calling strategy ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Little negotiation. The hiring manager has little room to change the offer.
    The hiring manager can, when opening the headcount, persuade the company to open it the right way

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in October 2013.

Interview

by far the best and most useful process I've been through. Very good preparation from all interviewers, thought through and relevant questions that I had to answer in writing, and overall, the most professional process I could imagine. I enjoyed the process. I felt I could truly show who I am and what I am capable of.

Interview Questions

• The assessement - very interesting. It had certain elements I haven't had before, but then again, on those there was no right answer, so it learned a lot about myself when the results came out.   Answer Question

Because my current employer made me a very attractive counter-offer

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

Awful, I had a job offer with them the day i hand in my notice with my current firm, they retract the offer, leaving me without a job and recourse

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Awful, I had a job offer with them the day i had in my notice with my current firm, they retract the offer, leaving me unemployed

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

First I had 2 phone screenings with recruitment team, then a phone interview with the head recruiter. After that I had 3 separate interviews with Sr management, plus the hiring manager. After the last interview, they got an internal candidate who stepped up and got the role

Interview Questions

• How would you adapt quickly?   1 Answer