Gartner Sales Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gartner Sales Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Gartner

3.2

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gartner in January 2018.

Interview

They really only want to see how much interest you have in their company. Also are only exclusively interested in your sales ability. I did not like the way they handled this interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in August 2018.

Interview

The interview process was long and unnecessarily drawn out. I was approached by a recruiter, who seemed pretty desperate and was scheduled for multiple phone interviews where the recruiting team asked me the same questions over and over again. I then was flown down to their Florida Location for a interview day. The day was long and they told everyone that interviewed to dress business professional. When I showed up I was not pleased to see the staff wearing Jeans and T-shirts, even the people who interviewed me! During my interviews (which were extremely easy) my interviewees checked their phones multiple times and I felt like they were not even listening or were too busy to care. Overall this was a huge waste of my time, I declined my offer and looked elsewhere. Save yourself some time and get an interview with a real company who respects the people they are interviewing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gartner (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a preliminary phone interview with a Gartner recruiter. She contacted me via e-mail and we set a convenient time for both of us to speak. If the Gartner recruiter liked what I answered she would pass me to the next round.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my sales background and ability to penetrate State and Local and Education departments and agencies.   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Gartner (London, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

Reached out to on LinkedIn by number of Gartner employees, including Internal recruiter and Sales/hiring manager for position. Had an initial conversation with the Sales Manager which was very informative and encouraged me to apply for the role. Then had a conversation with internal recruiter who outlined the stages. 1hr Trait interview, Webex interview and then final 2 hr onsite Panel interview. Internal recruiter also asked about salary expectations at this point.

Traits interview. You're sent across a number of Gartner traits they will be assessing you on. Executive Presence, how you come across on the phone, your manner, confidence, articulation, how you would deal with C-Suite. Quick learner, Will to win which is why sales, what motivates you to overachieve, work to targets and hit goals. Integrity self-explanatory, Lifelong learner, what you do outside of job to constantly improve and better yourself, how you take ownership of development. Coach-ability and ability to take on feedback. Pathway to gold - which is coachability and how you work to processes and are process driven.

I'd recommend candidates think of very specific examples for each trait which they can draw upon when asked some of the below questions.

Traits interview is mainly internal recruiter asking questions like - tell me about a time that you x
    This is where you need to draw upon the specific examples.

Also I'd recommend asking a lot of questions and showing curiosity during the traits interview. Ask for clarification on things and ask how you'd been responding, was there anything my response lacked in that last example etc - as this demonstrates the curiosity/questioning trait they mark on as well.

Traits interview also includes a short cold call roleplay. Gartner provide a one page PDF giving information about the company and individual you are calling. Roleplay is used to assess how you uncover information and run a discovery call. You're told how much time you have for the call at the beginning so make sure you monitor going over time when you begin.

Structure for roleplay
    Introductions - small talk, rapport building, set purpose of call
    Ask what they would like to get out of the call
    Questioning - open questions to uncover information
    Probing questions and follow up questions on info given
    Relate back to Gartner benefits - without going straight into being 'salesy'
    Close for follow-up meeting/call
    Make sure you arrange the time on the phone then and there

Following this a feedback call is booked in for the day of your traits interview when you receive feedback. But recruiter also asks you how you felt the call went.

Feedback call was really useful as recruiter tells you areas you were strong and areas you need to improve on and what you need to be aware of. Whole process was very enjoyable if a little challenging, time consuming, but worth it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you set yourself a goal, overcame challenges to achieve that goal?

Tell me about a time you received feedback from a colleague and went about implementing it?

Tell me about a time you worked to a process, give me examples of processes you follow?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Egham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gartner (Egham, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

Very thorough and professional process which was to be expected from such a big company. Felt that the support throughout was brilliant with plenty of feedback at each stage. I also liked that the first few steps were done over the phone or webex rather than multiple trips to Egham from Warwickshire.

Interview Questions

• Why do I think i think the mold of a Gartner employee   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner (Egham, England (UK)).

Interview

Were invited to the Gartner University Games following a telephone interview. The Games have consisted of a two day assessment to learn first-hand experience on the Sales job at Gartner's and to get a feel of their culture - it's been really informative and great fun.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

4 stages, the most important is the first with the HR team and the 4th with the VP of Sales.
    The process take up to 6 months. But worth it if you want to be part of the best.

Interview Questions

• Why Gartner? What can you contribute to the company?
      Metrics and market knowledge.   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner in May 2009.

Interview

Phonme interview, follwed by recruiter, followed by line manager, follwed by region amanger. Very tedious process. Wonder how good they are.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Egham, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Egham, England (UK)) in August 2009.

Interview

1 round), telephone with HR
    2 round), face 2 face with HR
    3 round), Face to face with team leader and a sales rep
    4 round), Panel interview with EMEA head, manager, team leader, and sales rep

Main purpose of the interview was to test my drivers, and motivations, to see my desire to succeed, fear of failure, where I want to go in life. Most my previous experience, and skills gained were not really taken into consideration, nor my academics. A quite juvenile interview technique that does not really match the job, or skills required... But a quite detailed process, and they do give you the opportunity to ask questions and understand the role. Very reasonable time line between rounds, feedback etc....

Interview Questions

Negotiation

standard offer non negotiable, and fair enough!

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gartner (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

Very thorough process as they really want to ensure that the candidate relates to the mission and vision of the company. The process will be a mix of telephonic , role play/presentations , personal round 1:1 or panel as well.