Gartner Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gartner Sales Interview Questions

Interviews at Gartner

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

The process was very unprofessional and not handled well at all. The recruiter no-showed the first phone screen and eventually got back to me hours later about rescheduling. Our second scheduled phone screen, the recruiter was 10 minutes late. Once we finally connected, she cut me off after maybe 4 minutes, said I was not qualified for the position, and ended the call. I expected a lot more from a company like Gartner. Maybe it was the particular recruiter who was assigned to me, but overall, it left a really bad taste in my mouth how I was treated.

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

First interview was with a recruiter and seemed to just be a basic screening. Easy questions about what motivates you, and a heavy emphasis on whether or not you're familiar with Gartner and are sincere about wanting to pursue an opportunity.

Second interview is supposed to be with a manager but none were available at the time of my interview so I interviewed with another recruiter. Hated this experience as I felt that my answers weren't going directly to a decision maker, but instead would be compressed and then relayed. They are incredibly full of themselves, but I suppose that isn't necessarily a bad thing as it demonstrates that those who work there are proud of their careers.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner in March 2018.

Interview

First, I had a 45 minute minute phone interview with a recruiter where she mainly asked me behavioural questions. I moved onto the next round where I had an hour video interview. During the video interview, I was asked to do a 10 minute sales role play.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner in December 2017.

Interview

Phone Screen with Recruiter, 1st meeting with hiring manager, invited back for role play sales session, meeting with manager's manager. Then 2nd interview, more questions, more phone interview discussions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palos Verdes Estates, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gartner (Palos Verdes Estates, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

There is a three step process: 1) Screening, 30 minute over the phone with internal recruiter. 2) Next step should be a 45 minute behavioral interview, 3)then an in person panel interview. Overall from what I've heard Gartner's sales interview process is pretty comprehensive.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Gartner and what do you know about Gartner?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner in January 2018.

Interview

several phone interviews, and then an interview down at their Fort Meyers campus. When at the Fort Myers location it was about a full day process of interviewing. The initial interviews were fine, but once at the location it was very empty and not a lot of activity.

Interview Questions

• the final interview had several levels to it, you were brought down to the Fort Myers campus with about 30-40 others. the first part was a group interview where you had to convince your team who to save with a life boat. the other rounds were 2 on 1 interviews. at the end you are pulled out of the room if they decide not to go through with giving you a position.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Phone call and role play. Pretty relaxed first phone call and role play was cool. Phone call lasted about 30-40 minutes and was all behavioral and if you did your research on the company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Greensboro, NC) in November 2018.

Interview

I had been in touch with a recruiter who set up a Skype interview. The interview was standard behavioral questions as well as a lot about why I was interested in sales and the position in general.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in sales?
      What makes you stand apart from other candidates?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Interesting interview. Very long process with 4+ interviews all stating that I was doing a good job. Good company! I would recommend interviewing here. It was a good experience in my opinion. Yes

Interview Questions

• What have you learned at your current job that you can apply   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Gartner's recruiters provide step by step help to assist in interview preparation. Felt a bit like hand-holding but was nice to know exactly how the interviews were going to be facilitated.

I personally pulled out of the interview process due to a change in career interests.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult time or challenge you faced in the workplace.   Answer Question