Gartner Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

3.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Client Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Overall the interview process was brilliant. Originally I was contacted by a Gartner recruiter for a possible role with team supporting a large internet networking company I previously worked for. That role did not eventuate however a few months later the same recruiter introduced me to his peer who was interviewing for a client executive in a similar company.

I went through the standard screening calls, then had two video calls with the client director, another phone call with the area manager, a panel interview with the acct team, then a final conversation w/ the area VP.

In hindsight the panel interview was great to go through. As the candidate you get to see the personalities and dynamics of the team you'll be working for, they get to see you out of your comfort zone leading a discovery call w/ a scenario / role play that is purposefully vague. You could freak yourself out over-preparing or you could draw on your skills and experience (value-based selling, SPIN, empathic listening) and simply let yourself shine. I'd recommend a bit of both and more of the latter.

All up, the process took about 3 1/2 weeks. The Gartner recruiter kept me informed every step of the way, was available for coaching re: role play, was transparent about salary expectations, and was super responsive.

I received a verbal offer on Friday and the formal offer in writing that following Monday.

Interview Questions

• The customer is always right, but often times they're wrong...how do you let them know when they're wrong?   Answer Question

Principal Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

There were a number of phone interviews with various people on the team who asked me technical questions about topics that I didn't claim to have expertise in and that were not relevant to the job that I was seeking. They took the tone of an interrogator. They replied to their own questions and explained their superior knowledge of the subject to me. It was demeaning, annoying and time wasting. Next they asked me to provide a detailed report on a topic where I had a lot of very direct expertise and that provided them with information that they might use in their consulting practice. I wrote a lengthy report based on my previous research. They didn't provide feedback on the report to me. Next they wanted me to come in and do a panel interview. I talked with the recruiter about pay and they were $100,000 below my current pay so I decided to terminate the process.

Interview Questions

• They asked me many technical questions about what I would propose to solve problems for organizations involving computer networking. They were especially interested in what I knew about Cisco and VMware. They didn't seem so interested in learning about me and how i could do the job for them.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gartner (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Was found online by recruiter who eventually got around to setting up phone interview. There was some challenges in the recruiter getting a time nailed down with me. I'm in sales so I get needing to chase, but when a recruiter calls you, at some point the burden should shift to the hiror not the hiree.

Interview Questions

• basic to some moderate top grading formatted questions...nothing hard.   2 Answers

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gartner (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I went through 2 months of early morning phone interviews, onsite interview and took a skills test. Throughout the whole process I was receiving good feedback from the recruiter. I was very DISAPPOINTED and in disbelief when I was told I was not offered the position because I did not do well in writing a memo that was part of the skills test.

The recruiter told me that there was another open position and all I would need to do was another phone interview. This time I interviewed with two people who seem to be on a mission to discourage me in being interested in the position. After that I did not hear back from the recruiter. This is so unprofessional!!

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your spare time.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gartner (San Jose, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

Interviewed by anywhere between 6-8 people including the corporate recruiter to multiple sales managers.

Interview Questions

• I didn't think the questions were difficult given they were questions I had experience in which to draw from. I guess it there had to be one it would be "describe a complex deal you won and lost and what you learned from it".   Answer Question

Negotiation