Gartner Senior Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gartner Senior Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Gartner

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gartner (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone interview that went over what was on my resume and what type of position I was interested in. The interviewer told me they were looking to add an additional 2,500 people in the next year. He said I would hear back within one week on the next steps.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in terms of total compensation?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gartner in July 2017.

Interview

This was unquestionably the most unprofessional interview experience I have ever had in the corporate world. A recruiter reached out to me to ask me to interview for the position. I had a recruiter interview, and 3 additional phone interviews following. The only person to begin the interview on time and not ask more of my schedule than what had been previously arranged was the recruiter. The hiring manager fit in the call between errands he was running. We hung up and he called back twice during the "interview." During that time I was told that there was a goal of creating a team of graduates from a particular educational institution. I am not a graduate of this institution, though I attended briefly. This unethical and vocal “goal” was a huge red flag. Next steps and salary were discussed. He expressed an overall excitement for my "fit." The VP interview (prescheduled with a recruiter) started with him informing me he did not have enough time and that we needed to start now and pick back up several hours later. The consideration for my personal schedule and what was planned was completely irrelevant. Again, salary was discussed. The third phone interview began 20 minutes late as well. It was the most thoughtful conversation I had in the process. I received an email from the hiring manager that urged me to “buckle up, we are moving fast.” 1.5 hours before my next scheduled interview I received an email from the recruiter that it was cancelled and I was no longer a candidate. I was told they would get back to me with further feedback, but that has not occurred. Even if I was not who they wanted, I expect to be treated with curtosy, respect, and dignity. I also expect the hiring practices to be ethical and equal opportunity. Not limited to a particular educational institution. My recommendation to friends and colleagues considering Gartner is to be very cautious.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your history   1 Answer
    • Provide 10 adjectives that describe yourself   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview consist of initial call with recruiter, call with hiring manager, call with VP, in person interview with hiring manager, and final panel interview. Recruiter is less interested in your experience as they are your personality. How do you build and cultivate relationships.

Interview Questions

• In the panel interview you will be asked to conduct a mock customer meeting.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Remote, OR) in May 2018.

Interview

Fast paced, behavioral based interview with five steps- screening, HR interview, hiring manager, RVP interview then a role play scenario. Coaching every step of the way! And the process went very quickly with prompt follow up by the recruiter after every step.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gartner (Detroit, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

1. Phone screening interview with the recruiter.
    2. Phone interview with hiring Area manager.
    3. Phone interview with Area VP
    4. Panel interview with Area Manager and VP Area Manager

Interview Questions

• They compare your LinkedIN with your resume. Make sure they are both up to date. In the panel interview you had to "sell" to a client. It was so fake and simply a joke. But I nailed it.   1 Answer

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner in August 2015.

Interview

Multiple calls and face to face meeting with manager. Also phone calls with manager's boss, and his boss. Also talked to another team member. Then final panel interview.

Panel was supposed to have everyone face to face, but only 1 person was face to face. The other 2 were on the phone. One on the phone was boss' boss, and the other was HR person.

Interview Questions

• For the panel, they give you a situation ahead of time, and in the panel they want you to pretend like you are really selling. The 3 people in the room pretend like they are your prospects or clients that you need to sell to.   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Three meetings that consisted of phone screens and a final panel interview. The final interview gave me an opportunity to lead the hiring team through a typical discovery process. Overall, it was an excellent experience with highly professional people.

Interview Questions

• After the panel, they asked me to critique myself and discuss areas I thought I might improve upon.   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Ultimately given a case study and must pitch to a "panel". Relatively standard otherwise and very systematic.

Best to come prepared with uncomfortable questions straight out of the gate, yourself: "what are the top 3 things your AE's love & loathe?" etc. Otherwise it will be very difficult to stand out.

Interview Questions

• What makes you curious about clients?   1 Answer

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner in May 2019.

Interview

5 phone interviews with increased detail for each. General recruiter, HR rep for the specific area, hiring manager, peer, VP of area. Followed by in person role playing interview that required prep of an account plan and role playing.

Interview Questions

• What would people at your past company say you were good at selling?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I spent a lot of time at Gartner for the first session just overviewing my industry experience and where I have had success. They have recently changed their interview process from what I understand and I really liked the process. The only downside is the travel out to Stamford, CT from New York. It takes a bit of time. With that stated the office is very nice and quiet. $40 roughly for the roundtrip with cab (if you are without a car.)

Interview Questions

• Most difficult was not questions... more so the role play. Even this was not difficult given my preparation for the session. Got a few softballs which left me open to take full advantage of more opportunities that I did not jump on.   Answer Question

Had another offer at a vendor which represented higher OTE potential. Overall I must say I was very impressed with Gartner in general. Great company.