Gartner Senior Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gartner Senior Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Reached out by 3 different recruiters. Once the three worked out who was going to be the point person I had multiple phone calls, and was told the focus on being behavioral based, a 10min role play, and then a call with the hiring manager. It was very disorganized process and each call was rescheduled twice.
I asked numerous questions about how many others they were talking to, experience they were looking for, timeline etc. I was assured of being the candidate.
After two formal calls the 3rd was scheduled and again cancelled and rescheduled twice. The day of the 3rd call received an email that the role had been filled.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about experience and the boring questions that start with tell me about an experience that.....   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Started quickly, but then the process dragged on. They seemed to be quite enamored with themselves, but the sales cycles are very transactional and not consultative. Friendly enough people, but all had a difficult time expressing the value proposition. Thus, I passed on joining them. It is so important that before joining a organization that expectations are clear.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

HR contacted me through a mutual contact, quick screen, deep dive on 2nd HR call with scripted questions, phone interview with Area Manager, phone interview with Area Vice President, panel with numerous people, (even people they didn't announce), on a video bridge.

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT) in February 2016.

Interview

They do 5 touch points here- This is big in their sales philosophy over all. Expect at least 5 meetings including phone interview. The pitch call is the final stage- you present/ role play a sales call.

1- Phone interview Screen
    2- Recruiter interview
    3- Management 1:1 (I met 2 managers 30 min and 60 min)
    4- Longer in person interview (with senior manger or others had their following by phone)
    5 -Pitch Call Presention

Interview Questions

• What is the one risk we would take in hiring you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me the number I wanted (exact number I had in my mind) I did not negotiate-- I did hear of others negotiating everything including vacation and health plan (and getting it). - Good Luck

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gartner (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I was a bit fast-tracked but I had one phone interview with the recruiter, one in person interview with the hiring manager, then had my panel interview, then got the offer. All happened within less than two weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gartner (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Caveat to the Negative experience rating: it was very positive until the offer stage.

Two phone interviews with Recruiters; One phone interview with Hiring Manager; Two in-person interviews with Hiring Manager including Role Play/panel interview. Was very impressed by everyone I spoke with and/or met. Very smart, very polished people. Declined offer, re: at 100% of plan would have been a major reduction from my existing pay. No room to negotiate. Their Finance department will ignore what you W-2 and will make an offer based on what your base pay and 100% of your existing comp plan looks like. They are transparent about it. Very confusing approach if you want to bring folks on board who are fortunate enough to be selective. Even if commissions are uncapped, and earning potential can grow over time, a major pay cut at 100% of plan in Y1 is detrimental to making the leap. Good candidates will have options. Build in room to negotiate when you make an offer.

Interview Questions

• Take me through a difficult situation you encountered, what motivates you, why Gartner, etc. Pretty standard but important questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Initial recruiter call followed by additional more detailed screening call by recruiter. Phone call with manager was scheduled by dedicated scheduler, same with follow-up phone call with regional manager. Panel interview included mock sales call on sample case provided by recruiter. Manager and regional manager were looking to evaluate how candidates ran a call. Expected questions were unoriginal and uninspiring.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you overcame a sales objection.   Answer Question

Learned that the hiring manager lived only miles from me but had to fly across country to meet during the panel interview. Coffee would've been nice ahead of time to feel each other put and really assess cultural fit. I understand why policy may want to standardize interview process for all applicants, but that standardization coupled with the stale panel interview didn't meet my perceptions of a company or leadership team capable of creating a dynamic sales environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. I was contacted by the Regional Manager from my LinkedIn profile. Spent an hour on the phone with him and then was scheduled for an HR interview. HR guy was a no show. claimed it was on the wrong schedule. Finally talked with him the following week. Straight forward, but not very well done. This is what happens when you allow HR recruiters to help select Account Executives. I would not wast any more time with him after he asled for all of my W2 info going back 3 years. Really none of his business, and has really nothing to do with how I would have been a fit with Gartner

Interview Questions

• What did you make last year?
      Tell me of a situation when you had to rescue a bad sale?
      Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Contacted by intial recruiter for a 15 minute phone screen, scheduled to speak to Senior Recruiter for an hour, additional 30+ minute phone interviews with VP and Managers. Concluded with a panel interview. Complete additional information on online form.

Was called day before panel interview was scheduled and told they had decided to hire from within.

Interview Questions

• When did you know you would be sucessful? Describe a time that you differentiated yourself as a sales professional. Are you currently viewed as a leader in your organization and why? Name a time you overcame obstacle? What do you like to do in free time? Why looking to leave current position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gartner (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I was recommend to Talent Source executive at Gartner who reached out to me. We had a very engaging conversation for about an hour. He said I would be successful there, so he said he was going to recommend that the senior recruiter arranged a call with me. A 30 minute call was scheduled within hours of this initial call. On the day of the call, the recruiter called about 5 minutes late, did not address being late, and said she only had about 20 minutes to speak since she was expecting an important call. I said it was ok, and interview began. She asked only several questions, then asked if I had any questions. I had a number of questions. However, only about 15 ,minutes into the call, I heard her cell ring, and she said she had to answer that call and hung up. It was clear from the beginning of the call that she did not have any real interest in speaking with me, and was just going through the motions. I was very disappointed and surprised given my initial call with the Talent Source guy, and the good things I heard about Gartner.