Gartner Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gartner Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Gartner

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner in September 2017.

Interview

Terrible interview process. Recruiter and tech lead postponed the screen interview to a later day twice. After waiting about a week to hear back from them, they had me do a take home assessment which I spent about 4-5 hours on but then ghosted me and never responded. Do not apply to this company - huge waste of time! They seem very disorganized.

Interview Questions

• Create a application that allows the user to filter information obtained from a Walmart API.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview consisted of a Take-Home Assignment, an hour-long Phone Interview, and a 3hr On-Site Interview.

The takehome was interesting; really tested your understanding of OOP principles and your ability to write accurate and efficient algorithms. They provided a data sample similar to what they work with every day. They gave 3 days to complete the takehome.

The phone screen was with HR and was more about learning your interest in the position and the company. You certainly want to show how much you've researched the company.

The onsite was loooong lol. There was a panel with about 5 engineers - discussed mostly your background, experience, interest in the position, etc. There was a pairing exercise (on a laptop) in the language of your choice and also a whiteboarding session in your chosen language. They were concerned less about the "correctness" of the code, and more about your ability to communicate what you were coding and why you chose certain methods over others. They asked about alternative ways to do what you were coding.

Interview Questions

• Describe the process behind requesting a resource on a Rails application.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT) in December 2014.

Interview

I first had a phone call with a recruiter followed by an on-site interview. The interview was very casual with no technical questions. None of the employees I talked to were very prompt with correspondence, and I never received any notification of whether I received an offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gartner (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Interview process included three interview rounds and good level of diffculty. The process was very smooth and everything was very timely planned by the HR. HR are really very professional and don't keep the candidate waiting on anything, be it calls or mails. They are quite prompt.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gartner (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

4/5 Rounds of interview.
    1. Written
    2, 3. Technical Rounds
    4. Manager
    5. HR

The interview process changes with manager but usually there is a written, technical, manager and
    HR. But if they need they'll ask you for a coding test also.

After theses rounds you'll get an offer letter. And if you accept it they'll initiate the background check.

Interview Questions

• All the technologies that you worked. And how good are you in them.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gartner (New Delhi (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

There was an online test that was based on speed and accuracy. Then, There were two rounds. Both the rounds were HR cum technical. They would ask you basic questions as walk through your CV kind of stuff.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

I was interviewed for Java. Firstly, they took 2 round of technical interviews followed by the HR round and salary discussion.
    They took around 40 days to send the offer letter

Interview Questions

• Main interview question was related to Java only and project on which i worked upon.   Answer Question