Gartner Interview Questions in Stamford, CT | Glassdoor

3.3

66 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Applied online; HR got back to me a few weeks later.
    - Pros: The HR team was clear, transparent and communicative throughout the process
    - Cons: I interviewed with 7 people over the course of about 4 months

Senior Executive Assistant - Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

Mostly OK - very nice recruiter and enjoyed our conversations, however, after initial conversation that went well and she sounded excited that I was the perfect fit, was told the role went to someone else even before I interviewed in person. Then, a week later, she reached out again saying the role was at a lower compensation level and could I interview, which I did.

Interview Questions

• First question asked - "Why would you NOT be good for this role?"   1 Answer
    • Here is a list of technical terms (mostly acronyms) and I want you to tell me what they mean.   1 Answer

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

There were three stages to the interview process. First was a phone call with an HR rep, second was a phone call with a member of the development team, and the third was an in person interview. The in person interview consisted of a test of 6 computer science related questions that you had an hour to complete. Then met with 2 different groups of three people from the company, each for an hour. They asked basic to complex questions about software development to gauge your knowledge. Easy enough if you know your stuff.

They put you in a hotel the night before that you have to pay for but they do reimburse for it as well as travel expenses like gas/mileage.

Interview Questions

• -data structure type questions, how are they implemented, what are their complexities, etc.
      - algorithms
      - web development frameworks, angular/react   Answer Question

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

Meet with 6 different people. Some of them are data scientists and the others are managers. (I think there are 2 data scientists). People are very nice, and it is pleasure to talk with them.

No time for lunch, though. I had to eat it during the interview.

Interview Questions

• They described one task that they are working on, and asked what my solution is.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

One, one hr interview with hiring manager (for contract position). Went through a case study related to job function. More a test of skill than behavioral interview. Did not ask about my experience/background.

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

I got three rounds:

HR round - general question about how you fit the company and why are you interested in this position...
    Hiring Manager round - your background and experience, details on resume
    VP round - communication skills and questions to ask

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Recruiter conversations via email and phone. Phone interview with manager 20 min). In person interview with manager. Second interview with level up manager. Took about 3 weeks all said and done.

Research Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

Gradually more difficult with the last being the most challenging. It required a mock research note with which you had to present to five interviewers, answer questions, and defend position.

Business Rotational Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

Long process. Initial Phone screen followed by Behavioral/Fit Interview and a Case Interview. Onsite comprised of 4-5 interviews with different people. Lot of hopes and selling by the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Typical consulting case interview and behavioral questions   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

It was very nice experience. Phone screening General, Phone screening - Technical . It went for about one hour and all questions were related to the technology and some questions are general.In-Person Interview for 2 hrs.

Interview Questions

• How to handle the offshore team? what is the process in production support?   Answer Question