Gartner Interview Questions in Stamford, CT | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 9, 2017

3.3

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

One, one hr interview with hiring manager (for contract position). Went through a case study related to job function. More a test of skill than behavioral interview. Did not ask about my experience/background.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Recruiter conversations via email and phone. Phone interview with manager 20 min). In person interview with manager. Second interview with level up manager. Took about 3 weeks all said and done.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

It was very nice experience. Phone screening General, Phone screening - Technical . It went for about one hour and all questions were related to the technology and some questions are general.In-Person Interview for 2 hrs.

Interview Questions

• How to handle the offshore team? what is the process in production support?   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT) in August 2016.

Interview

Met with many people on a single day in the office. The coding challenge was presented on an outdated Lenovo laptop. Most of the questions were very simple and easy, on the basics of the language.

Vice President Global CIO Portfolio Strategy (Events) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT) in May 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume via LinkedIn on 4/28 and received an email asking to set up a phone interview. The person who interviewed me was very professional and polished. She asked in-depth questions and good follow ups. At the start of the interview, she outlined exactly what we would be discussing in our 30 minutes together. She was extremely organized, thorough and professional. She was also kind and engaged.

Interview Questions

• Would you be open to relocating for this position or would you prefer to work remotely?   Answer Question

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT) in May 2016.

Interview

Gartner Summer Research Internship; I got an email from recruiter and saw they were looking for a intern to support their research group.he'd love to set up time to chat with you regarding the role. Very nice and gentle recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Walked me through your resume   1 Answer

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

Very strange because obviously neither the company employees nor the headhunter had carefully read the resume or job description to try to see the fit. Consequently, the gap between requirement and resume was vast and very evident. Thus, the interview was very short and sweet.
    It would be good to have some (minion?) at least sift through the basics to see which resume matches to which job opening ...at least in theory. Filtering needs to be more rigorous.

Financial Analyst, FP&A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was set up through a recruiter. Interviewer were professional, yet extremely pleasant to speak to. Discussion was focused on candidate's background, are the skill sets a right fit for the position in focus. Interview tried to give a detailed overview of the company and the job expectations.

Interview Questions

• 1. Excel skills
      2. Analytical expertise
      3. Candidate's expectations from the job
      Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT) in February 2016.

Interview

They do 5 touch points here- This is big in their sales philosophy over all. Expect at least 5 meetings including phone interview. The pitch call is the final stage- you present/ role play a sales call.

1- Phone interview Screen
    2- Recruiter interview
    3- Management 1:1 (I met 2 managers 30 min and 60 min)
    4- Longer in person interview (with senior manger or others had their following by phone)
    5 -Pitch Call Presention

Interview Questions

• What is the one risk we would take in hiring you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me the number I wanted (exact number I had in my mind) I did not negotiate-- I did hear of others negotiating everything including vacation and health plan (and getting it). - Good Luck

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

The first step was a Phone screen. The second step was an in person interview with 2 people. There was follow up in between and a follow up and interview.