Gartner Talent Sourcer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gartner Talent Sourcer Interview Questions

Interviews at Gartner

3.4

Talent Sourcer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner in July 2019.

Interview

Through networking on LinkedIn I was lucky to get an employee referral. I was so excited and was emailed by a Talent Sourcer and set up a phone call. Phone call went well and the Talent Sourcer had only positive feedback for me. Said she was passing along my application for two positions and to email her if I had not heard anything by a certain day. I did not hear anything by said date, so I emailed the Talent Sourcer. Another week went by, so I sent another follow up email. I never heard from anyone again. Very unprofessional and rude.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

Anonymous Employee in Egham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Egham, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

Very thorough but good feedback received throughout and opportunity to interact with many people. From this it was clear they are looking to hire the best talent and people who fit the Gartner culture.

Interview Questions

• Examples of processes followed and processes implemented?   Answer Question

Talent Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (London, England (UK)) in May 2018.

Interview

It was an intensive and thorough interview process meeting multiple people over the course of 4 interviews the main con was a lack of feedback between interviews and the role i was interviewing for kept changing though the process

Interview Questions

• name 3 words which describe your approach to recruitment   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Egham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Egham, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

Long-winded but straight-forward.

I spoke to several recruiters throughout the process (Sourcer and direct recruiter), all of whom provided solid information on Gartner and explained the organisation well - despite it's complexity.

They provided me with more than one opportunity which they thought I could be suitable for, giving me the best opportunity to decide where I could add value.

There were delays between interviews and not much emphasis put on building a relationship to ensure I didn't go to another company.

Straight-forward booking for calls and I felt supported with the information provided.

Interview Questions

• "Give me an example of a difficult stakeholder you managed"   1 Answer
    • "How did you manage a candidate over a long interviewing process"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Egham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Egham, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Gartner's interview process is certainly thorough. I had 2 telephone interviews, the first, a screening call by the recruiter that sourced me, this lasted abut 30 minutes. This was then followed by a 1 hour competency based interview by a member of the management team. The final stage was 2 hour interview where i was separately interviewed by 4 members of the recruitment/ hr team.

Interview Questions

• What sourcing techniques do you use to identify suitable candidates?   Answer Question

Talent Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gartner (Guildford, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Really helpful Internal Recruiter - gave me guidance and was very helpful - followed up on things, called me regularly - good work
    Had my 3rd stage with the hiring manager - this is where it all changed - an unbelievably unhelpful French women, she had a cold as well when the Skype was scheduled - asked questions that made no sense that I had to keep clarifying with her by saying 'in what way'
    Came off the Skype knowing that I didn't get through due to her lack of interest in what I had to say - reflecting after 2 weeks now I am really glad I didn't get through as I would never want to work for her. I know people in Gartner and they have told me 'she isn't a nice person at all'

Interview Questions

• What is the most important KPI to you?
      How do you deal with conflict?
      Have you ever had a disagreement with your manager?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Egham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gartner (Egham, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephone interview, followed by 2 face-to-face interviews (one including a video-conference to a VP in America). Gartner's recruitment process centres around the traits they look for in people - i.e. Drive, Collaboration, Executive Presence, Clockspeed

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the last time you didn't achieve a personal goal. (Follow on Q's - What did you do? What could you have done differently? etc.)   Answer Question