Gartner Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 21, 2017

3.5

109 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Event Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Egham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gartner (Egham, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was made extremely clear at the very first communication with my recruiter. He explained what would happen at each stage. Communication through telephone communications helped gain a better understanding of the role and allowed me to showcase my skill set before even getting to a face to face interview. For me the interview process was fantastic, I felt comfortable at each stage and the recruiter made me feel as if I could contact him in between interviews.

Interview Questions

• Talk about previous accomplishments and struggles in the work place   Answer Question

Graduate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I had the first interview with a nice woman who give me a feedback afterwards. Nothing difficult, introducing myself, say why Gartner..... The second interview lasted longer, 45min, and most of the question were competencies questions. Make sure you have examples of when you tried to convince someone or a group of person. They look for concise and clear example everytime. Be confident and calm, and everything might go well. the feedback they gave me at every interview were helpful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you convinced someone?
      Why Gartner?
      Why Sales?   Answer Question

ESMB Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gartner (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very detailed and required me doing a lot of research ahead of attending. Whatever you do, do not think that just because you're good at your current work place, you'll be good at Gartner. The quality of individual at Gartner is higher than anywhere else I have been to interview and they demand top performance.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a client you have had to work hard to regain trust with. What was the situation, how did you manage it and what was the outcome? What are your overriding learns from this experience?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gartner (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks, I didn't receive the offer because I didn't pass the call assessment. The recruiters were really nice except a one who was with an English that I could not understand. Very unclear and chaotic process with no instructions. They gave me the opportunity also to speak with one person of the sales team who actually didn't help me at all but confuse me a lot more.

Account Manager SMB Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Egham, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

There are 3 WebEx Interviews before you are invited to the Assessment Center at their offices in Egham (just outside London, right next to Heathrow airport):

1) The purpose of the 1st interview is to assess your knowledge about what Gartner does (see Gartner 101), why you are interested in sales, and your personal strengths (accomplishments, previous experiences, etc). The interview lasts approximately 30 minutes, which includes questions from your side at the end and throughout the interview.

2) The purpose of the 2nd interview is to assess 4 different personality traits: executive presence, clock speed, pathway to gold, and will to win. Executive presence means your ability to communicate and articulate yourself effectively at a professional level. Clock speed means your ability to listen carefully and adapt quickly to new information, your agility basically. Pathway to gold means your ability to implement structures to achieve your objectives. Will to win means your drive to achieve your objectives. You will be asked about previous experiences where you demonstrated these traits. Again, you will also be asked about your understanding of Gartner's business (see Gartner 101) and why sales and Gartner appeal to you. The interview lasts approximately 60 minutes, which includes questions from your side. Always ask good / relevant questions about the company / the role.

3) The purpose of the 3rd interview is to assess the 4 different personality traits again + a role play (discovery call with a prospect). In essence, the interviewer will again ask questions related to the 4 different personality traits. They relate to your previous experiences and your ability to demonstrate these traits with examples from your past. At the end, there will be a role play. The interviewer plays a prospect (e.g. a CMO who is looking to increase sales or achieve any other business objective). You are supposed to use the time (approx. 15 minutes) to learn as much about the business and their challenges as possible. Be aware to open and close the call effectively. Build a personal rapport at the beginning and close the call with a summary of what you have discussed and next steps (follow-up call with a Gartner research analyst, date and time). The whole interview last approximately 90 minutes, which includes questions from your side. Again, ask good / relevant questions about the company / the role.

4) The Assessment Center.

4.1) Morning Session. The morning will begin with a small breakfast where you have the chance to get to know the other candidates as well as colleagues from HR and the SMB team (account managers, area managers, senior vice presidents, and the managing vice president SMB). After that, there will be an introduction and agenda for the day where everybody introduces themselves and their roles at Gartner. Then, you and the other candidates have approximately 5-10 minutes to present themselves (your background). You will also be asked to talk about your greatest personal accomplishment and which famous person you would like to have dinner with (and why). After that, you will have your first interview of the day (with 1 recruiter and 1-2 sales managers). Again, they will assess the 4 different personality traits (lasts approx. 45-60 minutes). At the beginning of the interview, you are asked to deliver a 3-minute pitch on ‘Why sales and why Gartner’.

4.2) Lunch. There will be current SMB account managers. You can ask them questions about the role and the company.

4.3) Afternoon Session. After lunch, there is a ‘Gartner articulation’ session where you will learn more about the company. In your second interview of the day, you will be asked to demonstrate your knowledge about the company and their business. The purpose of the second interview (with 1 recruiter and 2-3 sales managers) is to assess your understanding of the company, the role, and your personal fit. At the end, there will be a role-play (again a discovery call). The role-play will last 30 minutes. Your job is to learn as much as possible about the prospect, their business objectives, and current challenges. The prospect will now likely be a typical Gartner customer (technology vendor or end-user client). Again, remember to open and close the call effectively (build personal rapport, summarise findings, and agree on next steps).

Interview Questions

• Could you tell me what Gartner does?   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in sales?   1 Answer

Account Manager SMB Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Egham, England (UK)).

Interview

Went through 3 stages, HR, then manager and panel with VP, manager and HR.
    I've been asked some questions which I did not consider very professional and after the interview process, I was not interested in working for Gartner anymore. They are especially turned down by people who would like to go for executive education as they confirmed that people working in Sales do not have time to be spent in other activities after working hours.
    Following this interview, I've been headhunted by Gartner other 3 times and I've have asked the Talent acquisition about pursuing a part-time executive PG. All of them confirmed that it is not possible when you work for the Sales department. I believe they do not value education so much or just want people committed to achieving numerical targets

Interview Questions

• What is your parents' job and why you did not want to pursue their career?
      Do you laugh at work?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gartner (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was very structured and you always know what to expect. The interviewers are very kind and they want you to succeed. However the roleplays are not the easiest and they try and trap you. they will base everything off their 4 key traits they are looking for

Interview Questions

• Where did it go wrong in your career or academics and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Graduate SMB Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

- Outstanding Interview Process, from start to finish the recruitment team really value you and make you feel as though you are so important to them
    - Feedback at every single stage, be warned this process is not easy whatsoever but rewards those who listen to the feedback take it on board and show improvement.
    - You start with CV/Application Form, then 3x Phone Interviews, first is to get to know you, 2nd more in depth about gartner, why sales, why gartner, and the 3rd is a strengths based assessment aligned with their traits to your skills and competencies and then its an assessment centre, and it is tough!
    - Well worth applying for if you are looking for a career with a company that is expanding rapidly, clearly a fantastic culture and gutted I fell at the final hurdle

Interview Questions

• Why Sales?   Answer Question
    • Why Gartner?   Answer Question
    • Give us a time when you received feedback you disagreed with? How did you go about solving the issue? How did you reflect on this experience? Describe a time where your resilience was clearly portrayed?   Answer Question

Global Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gartner in February 2017.

Interview

I was approached by an internal recruiter on LinkedIn and scheduled an initial phone call which was the standard, just went throught my experience and talked about the company and the role available. Scheduled the second call, got told to wait for the written confirmation. Got a call without the confirmation, couldn't take the call as I was told to reserve 1 hour for this stage. I work in a busy sales environment and can't just leave with no notice for a full hour.

Recruiter (in the Egham office in the Sponsorship Sales team) eventually picked up my call after I called a few times, left a voicemail and chased up his colleagues and we rescheduled the call. Half an hour after the scheduled time I managed to get hold of him when he was supposed to be calling me and agains my better judgement gave him my time. Agreed to speak the following day and I am yet to hear back, it's been weeks now.

I was left with an unprofessional and unreliable image of him which obviously reflects badly on the company as well. I am sure the company itself could be great and I was keen to go through to the next stage and actually speak to a hiring manager to learn more. These recruiters give the industry the bad name, having worked in recruitment myself it is a shame to still see people like this. I appreciate he probably thought I was not right for the role but then should have shared this with me rather than letting me expect the next stage.

Client Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter.
    Then a phone pre interview with HR about more information on the job.
    A week later a start interview with basic questions about me and more information on the job and the company.
    Then a first stage interview with questions I could prepare for. Mostly education and work experience related questions.
    - What did you get on your degree? Were you aiming for "with honours"?
    - Drive
       Achievement against targets/ Achievement against peers/Competitiveness and proactive attitude
    - Excellence of service
      Examples of providing 5* customer service/working with challenging clients/going over and above to provide a great service
    - Intellect
       trends and hot topics/passion to learn/ability to learn new skills
    -Process
      Time management and organisation
    - People
      Collaboration and effective communication
      Up to this point phone interviews with HR. Again a week later the 2nd stage interview with possible colleague and manager.
    A lot of similar questions than before - Recruiter prepared very well. Unfortunately was not the perfect fit for me.
    At the end of the interview I was told I will receive information about last stage or outcome. Never received the mail, call or message. Tried to contact but no response.
    Very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me a brief overview of what relevant work experience you had?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Gartner? What is unique about Gartner?   1 Answer
    • What are you goals , have you reached your goals?   Answer Question
    • What is the understanding of the role?   Answer Question
    • Why would you be a good fit?   Answer Question